It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Fingerprint On Creation Found!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
there is no god,its a being of our creation to give peoples lives something worth living and meaning, in truth he doesnt exist,saying a math equation proves him is not proof of anything,we created math. its all us,thats the simple truth. there is no god,just the cosmic and planetary energies and elements we can draw from.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hi- Flag for the thread not the title...

I didn't read the entire thread- But I just want to know....is this not proof a a fractal universe, rather than the "fingerprint of god"? Maybe my tiny mind can't grasp it, but I really don't see how this is proof of God- or how they come to think it is his fingerprint.... I know there is some proof of a fractal universe- a pattern within a pattern that continues infinitely.... Does this then mean that seeing that we have fingerprints, does that make us godlike creators on a scale obviously smaller, thinking fractal?

And if God has a fingerprint that can be identified- the same should count for Satan/ Lucifer, right?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaturaltoBelieve
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Attack and humilate - typical Atheist response

You must have sore eyes !!

Keep denying, if it makes your life happier.

Looks like the brainwashing worked with you then ! The Bible is a STORY book written over a period of about 1500 years which had ideas STOLEN form other texts. Also NOT one person wrote the text so just because its rammed down your throat at school and church doesn't make it true.

Gods came about because primative man could not explain how things worked for example.

The Norse people blamed thunder on THOR their god of thunder, in China when a solar eclipse happened they thought it was the sky dragon eating the sun do you believe those two examples because if you were brought up in northern europe or china a few hundred years ago you WOULD!

Parents can be the worst example, my parents used to tell me about a mythical being who in one night could visit ALL the children on earth and give them presents, well until you learn or find out its a story!

The bible is mostly FICTION with the odd real character in it, if you actually think for yourself YOU would have realised that A LONG LONG TIME AGO!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the Chambered Nautilus is not an example of a Fibonacci spiral. They seem to have a variable growth rate that averages 1.33, which does not fit the golden ratio.
See here:www.shallowsky.com...
Includes this picture of how they don't match:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You're partly wrong - religious texts contain a lot of truth, but it's twisted, manipulated and encoded truth. Of course, most followers don't get deep enough to really understand the piece of the puzzle they are exposed to.

Ancient civilizations from around the world speak of advanced technology, flying machines. Who are you to say it's just some myth that a "god" came flying down riding inside a "dragon" in China? Or some "god" named Zeus rode around shooting lightning bolts at people. Or that all the ancient indian texts, book of Enoch, etc. about world wars and flying machines shooting missiles, burning cities, etc. are false.

For cosmological references common to dozens of religions, check out Zeitgeist. To learn about the history of Christianity and it's ties to Egyptian religion and the potential life of Jesus based on discovered scrolls and archaeological history, try Ring of Power.

The Omega Project Codes has some pretty obscure knowledge and some frightening presumptions as well.

[edit on 2010-5-18 by sandwiches]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

There are many very intelligent atheists, I have listened enough to them to admit that, but saying anybody, even highly educated and intelligent people who have faith in a creator, are stupid, well that is extremely arrogant.

Am I reading this right? Are you saying that I said people that believe in God are stupid? If so, you are very wrong about me my friend.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Indisputable truth huh?
Any one who is a true believer in God knows you cannot nor should you prove there is a God. It is a matter of faith. The difference between you and me is I am more than willing to be tolerant of your beliefs,But for whatever reasons you are not willing to be tolerant of mine.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Am I reading this right? Are you saying that I said people that believe in God are stupid? If so, you are very wrong about me my friend.

That wasn't directed to you, it was a generic statement that I added.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh, thank goodness. I am not ashamed to admit I believe in the Almighty, and I do not want anyone to think any differently. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So you take a large prime number and make a rectangle...reduce it down like a fractal...then freehand a spiral over it and compare it to sea shells, sunflowers,pinecones...Then come to the conclusion that its GODS signature? Why and at what point did GOD have to be inserted in to the equation?

That is one foolish giant leap of faith! I feel so bad for Christian scientists...They really try soooo hard and want to find away to prove their religion scientifically but unfortunately it all comes down to still having to make a conclusion based on nothing more than blind faith!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Let's see. The natural order follows certain mathematical formulas, therefore there's a god?

That sure is preposterous.

I could say that not all natural processes follow the same mathematical formula, therefore there is no god.

Religious people get weirder every day

Believing in God does NOT make one religious.

Jaden.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Let's see. The natural order follows certain mathematical formulas, therefore there's a god?

That sure is preposterous.

I could say that not all natural processes follow the same mathematical formula, therefore there is no god.

Religious people get weirder every day

Believing in God does NOT make one religious.

and being religious does NOT mean one believes in God.

Jaden.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois

So you take a large prime number and make a rectangle...reduce it down like a fractal...then freehand a spiral over it and compare it to sea shells, sunflowers,pinecones...Then come to the conclusion that its GODS signature? Why and at what point did GOD have to be inserted in to the equation?

That is one foolish giant leap of faith! I feel so bad for Christian scientists...They really try soooo hard and want to find away to prove their religion scientifically but unfortunately it all comes down to still having to make a conclusion based on nothing more than blind faith!

That's funny, because I can prove that everything that you believe besides the fact that your consciousness exists is on based on blind faith....

faith that something besides your consciousness exists. faith that your senses are measuring objective reality accurately. faith that I exist and am not a construct of your consciousness.

You use blind faith the same as any religious fanatic. You and everyone else uses it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Get over yourself and try to figure out the why of your beliefs and others beliefs rather than the IF of yours and others beliefs.

Jaden

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

BlueJay, I was already aware of these fantastic mathematical regularities in Nature, but that still doesn't prove that there is necessarly a "god" or even a "creator" behind it. The same can be applied to the strange number 9, in how all its multiples generate numbers that all equate to "9" by themselves, and form up and down rows of continuous prime numbers when you align all these multiples one under the other.

These phenomenons certainly show that we are part of some sort of Matrix, that's probably within a wider multiverse, and we just began discovering its blueprints through maths and man-made instruments, but that's surely not enough to say that there is a conscious intelligence behind it that created it. It could be a machine, a computer, that goes far beyond what we can perceive of understand, or it could be some superior beings (probably what the Aliens really are) who developed this matrix in the same way of computer programmers. "God" could be a machine, just a bunch of routines, gears and fluxes that ties things together in a process that goes far beyond us, and in this case -why not?- the developers/builders could be gone, or dead, and the machine could keep working on its own. Everything is possible, at that point. Perhaps it is even possible for us to master and operate this machine to our own designs... Who knows, perhaps that's what ancient magic and mysteries were about.

In any way, the case for atheism is still there, as far as no one KNOWS what's beyond the veil of physical existence.

[edit on 18/5/10 by Echtelion]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Indeed!

BSG fans will see the relevance of Baltar's final speech in this context.

I see angels, angels in this very room. Now I may be mad, but that doesn't mean that I am not right. Because there is another force at work here, there always has been. Its undeniable, we have all experienced it, everyone in this room has witnessed events that they can't fathom, let alone explain by rational means. Puzzles deciphered in prophecy, dreams given to a chosen few, our loved ones, dead, Risen. Whether we want to call that god or gods, or some sublime inspiration, or a divine force we cant know or understand, it doesn't matter... it doesn't matter. Its here, it exists, and our two destinies are entwined in its force.

I'm agnostic, simply because I don't think anyone has it right, in regard to why we exist, or where we really came from. There is too much that science cannot explain, and too much that traditional faiths conveniently push aside. So to me, as Baltar said, God is a force. Not good, not evil, just an ambivalent force we are all subjected to.

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Unit541]

link   
Perhaps in our little corner of the known universe, all these mathematical underpinnings become plain as we dig deeper, because our little bubble was the creation of a science student in some college in a distant universe beyond our system of magnitudes. This kid is a like a "god" to us, as he created all that we experience. Are we mere holographic projections of his or her imagination? Are we just code in some giant video game of the "gods"? Perhaps.

When we get to the middle of the atom we see that there is no there there. Just vibrations. Possibly a particle, if anyone is watching. Yet, if we could be the size of that particle, maybe we could be within another system of magnitudes, beyond our ken.

Everything we take for granted as reality can be shattered with a few molecules of '___'. If our reality is dependent on the proper balance of neurotransmitters, what a shaky foundation for reality. Reality as we commonly experience it, is an agreement. Concessions must be made. Sure all of our classical physics works at certain levels of our world. But then once you get real, real tiny, it all changes.

link   
Perhaps in our little corner of the known universe, all these mathematical underpinnings become plain as we dig deeper, because our little bubble was the creation of a science student in some college in a distant universe beyond our system of magnitudes. This kid is a like a "god" to us, as he created all that we experience. Are we mere holographic projections of his or her imagination? Are we just code in some giant video game of the "gods"? Perhaps.

When we get to the middle of the atom we see that there is no there there. Just vibrations. Possibly a particle, if anyone is watching. Yet, if we could be the size of that particle, maybe we could be within another system of magnitudes, beyond our ken.

Everything we take for granted as reality can be shattered with a few molecules of '___'. If our reality is dependent on the proper balance of neurotransmitters, what a shaky foundation for reality. Reality as we commonly experience it, is an agreement. Concessions must be made. Sure all of our classical physics works at certain levels of our world. But then once you get real, real tiny, it all changes.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread. The Fibonacci Sequence and the Golden Mean are amazing! I made my avatar with the Phi symbol and in a Golden Mean rectangle inspired by what I learned from this thread. Thank you so much for posting this.

Morpheas

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The best science has, now in 2010, is that, first there was nothing...

..and then..

BIG BANG..

the Universe came into existence.

That's the best it has. In 2010. Sounds suspiciously like another another genesis theory. Can't quite place it though...

Anyway...

The arguments related in this thread remind me of Pascal's wager:

Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. It was set out in note 233 of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Wager

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by elitelogic

Welcome to the forum! Yes.. with what we know today.. you could see a being do some miracle and even if this being said it was god.. people wouldn't believe it.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join