It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Fingerprint On Creation Found!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Sorry ghandi, God is God, there is but one God, God the creator. At one time in our ancient past humans knew this on a personal and instinctive level, he made us, he loved us, we knew him and loved him. One of his greatest gifts to us was free will, at some point we chose to believe a lie, then another, then we became stubborn,prideful and ignorant in our own wisdom. We even started denying that he existed and started thinking that there that were other gods or that we were capable of godhead. Allah is a satanic lie,as is mohamed,buddah hindi,krishna and all the others.There is but one GOD and one mediator between GOD and man, his name is YESHUA,JESUS, the one and only son of the living GOD. It is not surprising that he made himself known to his creation in all things,great and small including math.He told us that even the rocks cry out inproof of his creation (which they do time & time again unless you believe the many lies delibertly ignoring the proof as it is at face value.) It matters to him whether you believe & accept or if you dont, however belief or lack thereof doesn't change the reality of his truth,the truth that he exists,the truth of his word or his son's life, death, resurrection, and return. All the ills & evils that are, have been, or ever will be are a result of human action & human will not Divine Design.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Dear: ATS Members

The basis for the Hypothesis put forth by the video, is trying to use a mathematical process to prove a scientific method to show definitive proof of some form of creator. Yet; after having read all of the reply posts it seems instead of using a scientific method to discuss this post, members are trying to use philosophy or theology to prove their argument. I would put forth that unless you have “FAITH”, faith being the most important equation in this hypothesis, which such a creator’s existence falls far short of the scientific bench mark one would need to prove such a case. However, I would agree that there are many unexplained processes of matter that cannot be explained using modern scientific method or resources of knowledge we currently posses as a species. This does not lead me as a scientist to conclude that the unexplainable is conclusive evidence of a form of creator or for that matter has the fingerprint of said creator; on the contrary, as a scientist it makes me want to delve that much deeper into the very energies that hold the physical matter that we see together; and to better understand its infinite power and wisdom that it may teach us in the distant future. If the so called “GOD” particle exists in the construct of the universe then maybe one day our species will find it but, so far it is out of our reach as scientists unless you have “FAITH”.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

There is a difference I think in basic belief structures between those that look at the beginning of the universe and the creation of matter that now fills the universe, that has no life, and the start of life on this planet.

Some may believe a creator did only so much and then left things to develop.

Since this is ATS I imagine some think highly intelligent life forms may have seeded this planet with life, and then just observed what happened.

Maybe they don't believe in a God, but just a higher life form.

To me the origin of biological life and the origin of all the matter in the universe could be separate topics.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Other than the "him" reference in today's bible I don't know that there is anything to actually give a gender to God. I think that the gender of "Father" that Christ used and the Torrah was to try and give man an idea of the relationship of God to man and less than to actually assign a gender to God.

I think that any being that can essentially be three beings in one is a bit to complex to assume as a strict "he".

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I would agree to a limited extent. I think that to figure out the how of us, you need to figure out the "how" of the earth. To figure that out you need to figure out the "how" of the solar system....

Just stopping at the most convenient level for a hypothesis is kind of dubious "science". It's like we've gotten just smart enough to realize that there's an iceberg in the water but because we can't explain the formation of the iceberg we're content to use our scientific explanation of the tip showing above the water as our reasoning that there is no creator of the iceberg.

As we figure more things out we seem to forget just how mystical everything else becomes. Knowing gravity pulls things to the surface just makes you ask "what's gravity"... but I think sometimes we like to try and stop there and say "AHA! We know why the apple drops - so there is no need for this God stuff".

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think I saw this on an episode of "CSI: Heaven".

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For those interested in this topic this is worth a look

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Originally posted by MolecularPhD

The basis for the Hypothesis put forth by the video, is trying to use a mathematical process to prove a scientific method to show definitive proof of some form of creator. Yet; after having read all of the reply posts it seems instead of using a scientific method to discuss this post, members are trying to use philosophy or theology to prove their argument. I would put forth that unless you have “FAITH”, faith being the most important equation in this hypothesis, which such a creator’s existence falls far short of the scientific bench mark one would need to prove such a case. However, I would agree that there are many unexplained processes of matter that cannot be explained using modern scientific method or resources of knowledge we currently posses as a species. This does not lead me as a scientist to conclude that the unexplainable is conclusive evidence of a form of creator or for that matter has the fingerprint of said creator; on the contrary, as a scientist it makes me want to delve that much deeper into the very energies that hold the physical matter that we see together; and to better understand its infinite power and wisdom that it may teach us in the distant future. If the so called “GOD” particle exists in the construct of the universe then maybe one day our species will find it but, so far it is out of our reach as scientists unless you have “FAITH”.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

I didn't get the impression the video or the OP were trying to definitively "prove" a creator. It cannot be done. My impression was that they were presented as possible evidence. I could be wrong.

On the other hand many of the scientific counter arguments didn't deal with the Golden Ratio either.

Most of my posts were related to the Golden Ratio (as only one of many possible evidences - but not proof).

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A few quotes for previous threads for people who are interested in this subject area.

2 Corinthians 11:3-5 (New International Version)

3But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. 5But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those "super-apostles."

Text

1 Corinthians 1

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
Text

[edit on 17-5-2010 by The time lord]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bootsnspurs33

Sorry ghandi, God is God, there is but one God

And who exactly, told you this ?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow very nice topic. I have no religion, but I still believe in "who" or "what" or "had" to of "created" anything, "who" what" created that? How is it any "thing" can be created without that "creator" creating it? I look at it like a ladder, For every "God" there is a God" Do Gods create one another? Is that why "earth" has more regions then there are letters in the alphabet? Can "we" has humans say we are God's for being able to "create" ? Or is "Create" just another word for [imagination]

Damn there goes my brain again trying to create stuff..

[edit on 17-5-2010 by SneakAPeek]

[edit on 17-5-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Highly arrogant people who are super proud of there own self-inflated intelligence, don't win over many, that is a fact.

This is true and you are right. There are arrogant people in all walks of life, including believers of God.

But what's more arrogant?

"I don't know what happens after we die, or why we are all here."

or

"I know exactly what happens after we die. And I know exactly why we are all here."

Doubt is not equal to arrogant certitude.

Neither is arrogant. Arrogance is a type of Behaviour displayed by many people.

Some people may well know exactly what happens after death, so we cannot say they are arrogant for claiming so.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

"I know in whom i have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which i have commited unto him against that day." next question please. (Oh, and try not post in one liners, the moderators kinda frown on that). Does my statement mean that i have FAITH in my creator? Of course it does. However, it doesn't mean i turn a blind eye to the errant beliefs many so called scientist have, many beliefs that have none or next to no evidence, and yet we are bombarded with their beliefs at every corner and at every level. They are preached to us as if they are indisputable facts, in many cases they have to change the story and it becomes the next "indisputable fact". As i said someone not believing in God doesn't keep God from being God nor does it keep me from KNOWING what i KNOW.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

this doesnt prove that their is a god... how does this prove anything?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Einstein and Newton sure were ignorant. If you want to be an atheist I have no problem with that, but why spew hate. Atheists are the first to blame all wars on people who believe in God. It sure doesn't look that way. You are the intolerant one here.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
I would put forth that unless you have “FAITH”, faith being the most important equation in this hypothesis, which such a creator’s existance falls far short of the scientific bench mark one would need to prove such a case. However, I would agree that there are many unexplained processes of matter that cannot be explained using modern scientific method or resources of knowledge we currently posses as a species. This does not lead me as a scientist to conclude that the unexplainable is conclusive evidence of a form of creator or for that matter has the fingerprint of said creator; on the contrary, as a scientist it makes me want to delve that much deeper into the very energies that hold the physical matter that we see together; and to better understand its infinite power and wisdom that it may teach us in the distant future. If the so called “GOD” particle exists in the construct of the universe then maybe one day our species will find it but, so far it is out of our reach as scientists unless you have “FAITH”.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

Faith IS one the 'processes used by humankind' that is scientifically researchable and its existence is proovable. Faith exists as a process among humans, ask any anthropologist.
Its just not researched or comprehended well by many scientists because of its attachment to organised religion, when that is a sad joke..as faith, as a construct and living mechanism or process, appears outside of religion and in the secular world far more often than within it.

If you were a scientist you would know that the Higgs Boson particle has NOTHING to do with the search for God..the title 'god particle' was given to the Higgs project because of a students comments that Higgs was acting so egotistically that the student called him God for being so demanding....hence the twitter became used to define Higg's work..as 'gods particle'..not THE god particle which is now in common usage but like most things, that has become a misrepresentation of the truth.

I have seen more dogma more willful exlusionism closemindedness and more religion in science than I have in the churches lately...sad..but growing problem.

Man did not 'create' mathematics...man discovered the preexistant order underlying all things, and in his desire to understand that order, he disected examined and labeled that order into managable mind size lots such as geometry, calculus, physics, chem etc....what we now call the body of known mathematics.
That process of comprehension, desire, the process of discovery..examination, testing and application is itself, ironically, evidence of faith in action.

Ro

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Rosha]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
YES! Amazing post.

I truly believe that God has really left us a clue of His existence, and that all of this isn't just a "law of physics". If you think about it deeply, it's almost impossible for a sea shell on earth and the entire galaxy to have the same spiral structure. This is definitely not a coincidence unless proven otherwise.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe in God the creator. I do so, because I can look around and see everything. What, did this just happen? Like putting all of the pieces of a clock into a box... then shaking it up real hard, and open it up to find a functional clock?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by Aggie Man

Nice Blue Jay pic.

Back to topic
I think the problem why people deny a creator is they get creation mixed up with religion.
They can and should be separate topics.
1) Learn to accept a creator exists. (Very hard for some people)
2) Then learn what he wants from you. (A challenge with so many idea's & philosophies)

very well worded, i agree. religion is dirty, god hates it. it is influenced by humans too much, and we are corrupt. instead have a personal relationship with god on your own, no need for a middle man. if you truly are open minded and search for god, you will find truth.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

WOW, wow, wow, love it , having an ecstasy attack, thank you.

Isn't there another name for that ...

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join