It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans to be micro chipped and tracked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

If this is true this is huge!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It is interesting to see this tech being implemented in Mexico like this.

I must advise anyone in the future receiving one of these implants to please have it inserted into the arm or hand that you do not write with. Because if someone wants your chip, and they want it fast, they will most likely use a machete.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
It is interesting to see this tech being implemented in Mexico like this.

I must advise anyone in the future receiving one of these implants to please have it inserted into the arm or hand that you do not write with. Because if someone wants your chip, and they want it fast, they will most likely use a machete.

I agree with the comment about mexico, it is interesting! Also I hope your joking about the machete

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can think of only one "pro" aspect in regards to implants at this time, and that is, that it should put an end to the "illegals" question. Is he
or isn't he legal, would just be a scan away.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here's what I sent to Fox, they probably won't post it: (part 1)

Maybe what needs to be Googled is a technical consultant prior to putting something this uninformed on Fox's website. I thought at first it was op-ed or a long 'letter to the editor', but it's in the science and tech section. A bit surprising, really, given your background and credentials.

I find it amusing that you think that an implanted RFID device is directly comparable to an externally fixed animal radio tagging device. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

To begin with, implanted RFID tags do NOT emit a radio signal "anywhere, anytime!". They never emit an actual radio signal at all. Implanted tags are what are known as "h-field" or "near-field" devices. They do not interact with propagating radio waves. They are powered by, and signal by, modulated magnetic fields coming from an interrogator. The magnetic field from the interrogator device is time-varying at a 'radio frequency', but it is not a radio wave. The implant turns some of the energy in this h-field into power to run the circuit - the signaling is accomplished by throwing a load onto and off of the receive coil in the implant. It's more akin to signaling to someone pushing your car by tapping the brakes - the implant doesn't actually "transmit" a signal so much as it just becomes more or less of a drain on the reader.

Near-field tags, like the Verichip, have a few technical benefits. Mainly, in close proximity to the interrogator, you can extract enough power to run more sophisticated circuits, like a microprocessor. That's why near-field devices are used in ePassports, RFID credit cards and similar devices. Another benefit is that, since it is NOT a radio wave, there is an insignificant path loss involved in signaling through your flesh, which, being full of conductive electrolytes, pretty much absorbs radio waves at a ruinous rate. And for technical reasons, the pickup coil can be quite tiny, again, because it's NOT radio.

Practically speaking, pretty much the ONLY type of RFID that will work as an implant is a near-field part. However, near-field parts have other limits. For starters, the power density from the interrogator - that's the reader that's providing the power to the implant - falls off as the sixth power of the distance. As you move the reader away from the implant, the fall-off in power is catastrophic. The return signal is also dropping at the same rate. If you try to just slam more power into the interrogator's drive to compensate, you end up with a horrible signal-to-noise ratio issue - after all, the implant is doing nothing more than tossing a tiny load onto and off of the drive, and with more power used to compensate for distance, you end up looking for a tiny tiny needle of signal in a huge haystack of drive output. Even using digital signal processing to add hundreds of re-reads together, and with several Amps of drive, you can't read an h-field tag more than a few feet away.

On top of that, since it's a near field part, even the NSA couldn't read it in the far field, even if you ignore all the other issues, which are nearly insurmountable in themselves. The far field/near field boundary is set by the frequency the part runs at, and it's typically less than 30 feet. Past that, and physics intervenes.

The sorts of RFID tags that can be read at a distance are e-field, or radio tags. That would include things like your toll pass or the "PASS card", not to be confused with ePassport. E-field tags don't lend themselves to implantation, at all. The main reasons are that your body is pretty conductive, and causes a big impedance step, and dissipates radio waves as heat, and because e-field tags require large antennas compared to h-field tags. Passive e-field devices power themselves from the tiny bit of power available from the radio wave sent out by the interrogator. The power available is quite small, so that most e-field tags are nothing more than serial number devices. In addition, passive e-field tags also don't "transmit radio waves" - they signal by changing their reflectivity. It's easiest to envision it as someone shining a flashlight at you, and you signaling back to them by tilting a mirror back and forth in the beam. Since they're passively reflecting the incoming radio wave, they're subject to a fourth-power of the distance loss. So while you can interrogate an e-field part at a bigger distance than an h-field part, they're limited to simple tasks and you can't do it from an unlimited distance - the return signal falls off too quickly. So at a limit, you might manage it from 100 feet away, but you can forget, say, a mile.

The signal loss, impedance mismatches and band-aid to credit-card sized antenna structures pretty much preclude using e-field parts in people.

In summary, RFID does NOT "transmit a radio signal all the time". The type of RFID that can be used in vivo is h-field, and it can't be read at a significant distance. E-field types that can be read at a distance aren't useful as an implant. Even passive e-field tags can't be read at large distances (more than a few dozen feet).

Your comments on "tracking" seem to blur the line between when you use it in the sense of an active animal tag, with perhaps some shady "NSA agent" lurking in the alley with a rotating antenna atop an unmarked van, intent on following your every move, and "tracking" in the sense of logging your whereabouts when you use a credit card.

The first can't happen with an implant. Period. The second happens anyway, unless you're Ted Kaczynski.

Your example of tracking crates, for instance - a crate would typically be fitted with an e-field device. You cannot be. So you can't equate the two.

Fido can be identified by his implant, if you catch him, but he can't be tracked by it.

I have an h-field tag in my wallet and on my keychain to get into work. It "tracks" me by logging when I wave it over the reader (or do the butt-slam on it with my wallet if my hands are full), but it can't "track" me inside the building on some sort of evil radar screen - being h-field, you can't read it at a distance. If we had door-frame interrogators built into the doors, then yes, you could tell where I had gone during the day. I've worked in places that did that - and for them it was a reasonable precaution.

ePassports, RealID, and drivers' licenses with embedded RFID are h-field parts. They have to be, to get enough power to run the microprocessor inside them. And as such, you can't be "tracked" by them, in the sense of someone in the unmarked van. And, no, should you think to mention it, Chris Paget didn't read passports. He read PASS cards, which are e-field parts, and are designed to be read at a distance like a toll pass.

Looking at Datakey, MicroChips and Positive ID, none of the devices I see would lend themselves to "tracking everyone, all the time." Being h-field devices, where they actually seem to be applicable for implantation at all (I find your inclusion of Datakey to be puzzling), they are not "trackable" per se. Except in the credit card sense - if you pass through a reader, or wave one over your implant, then yes. But by the shady guy in the van, or some evil hand at a console in your local cell tower, or over GWEN or whatnot, no.

Your issue at the end of the article with the verichip device - it's purely a serial number. It contains no medical information per se. If I were to skim it, and that would require me to essentially bump into you to get close enough, then what I would get would be a serial number. I'd have to also have access to the medical database in order to get more info. If I had that access, I could simply start dumping the info anyway, it'll contain your name and address, and I wouldn't need to get your number to do it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
(part 2)

I do agree that the parts need more security, I could rig a reader to copy your number upon contact. One would hope a PIN would be required. In addition, it would only make sense if credit cards, ePassport et al required a finger to be on the card before reading was allowed so that the cards couldn't be read by someone pressing an interrogator against your rump. The parts used in these cards generally would allow for it, they also have really excellent encryption on-board but it's not used half enough.

In closing, you need to distinguish between types of RFID, you can't be honest and mix e-field and h-field parts randomly in your discussion: 'If crates can be tracked at a distance, what about an implant!' is either disingenuous or uninformed. You should also be more clear when you use "tracking" in the sense of someone being able to "google your location", ostensibly by reading those non-existent radio waves like tracking an animal in the wild, and "tracking" as in logging the card/implant's use as banks would do with an ATM card.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The original Fox article makes me laugh, how lightly they state that grassroot organizations are "fretting" over the chip. Also, the casual ways they speak of implementing the program ... meanwhile about half the population is probably thinking "over my dead body"! I know I am. What a sickening invasion of privacy for starters, the mark of the beast we have been warned of should Not be allowed to drone into our minds as a steadily-accepted measure that eventually becomes touted as "vital for humanity". Say no now and mean that for all times sake! This is likely the start of a long media and awareness campaign to sell the idea of getting chipped to people.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
The original Fox article makes me laugh, how lightly they state that grassroot organizations are "fretting" over the chip. Also, the casual ways they speak of implementing the program ... meanwhile about half the population is probably thinking "over my dead body"! I know I am. What a sickening invasion of privacy for starters, the mark of the beast we have been warned of should Not be allowed to drone into our minds as a steadily-accepted measure that eventually becomes touted as "vital for humanity". Say no now and mean that for all times sake! This is likely the start of a long media and awareness campaign to sell the idea of getting chipped to people.

ha ha I was thinking kinda the same thing, this is a big deal! But there making it sound like it's not, there making it sound super casual!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Viterbi Decoder/Encoder can operate with less than 3db SNR margin - lower RF power - longer distances. www.ecs.umass.edu...

All the PTB need is implantable chips that can be read at 100 meters, with readers everywhere @ stoplights, stores etc, and the right crisis so people will accept it.

Were not to far from this maybe 10 years out.

Cell phone's have convenient little back doors built into the OS'es for the NSA to toggle the GPS already. So in some ways we're already there.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by zzombie]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
If this is true this is huge!

Sadly....it is true, but it won't come to pass if people don't accept it.

The full video is over an hour long.

video.google.com...

Picture of Aaron Russo & Nick Rockefeller

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I agree with you, child saftey wouldn't be enhanced.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You can't prove it is, he could be lying. Why people don't accept this is because there is no solid evidence that this man is telling the truth, I for one can not accept it just off faith, although i'm not saying it's fake!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Viterbi is used when you have multi-level PSK modulation, which isn't applicable to the type of signaling these parts use. It's more for a modem. The problem you have with either e-field or h-field parts is that they're either loading or reflecting the excitation. You don't get a chance to diddle phases and amplitudes like that.

Regardless, the h-field parts' SNR's drop below the noise at about 3 feet, you can dip down in there and wrestle the signal back out by doing correlations on hundreds/thousands of re-reads with a DSP, out to about 3 feet. Past that, no-one's ever managed it. Nonetheless, even with magic, you're not ever going to be able to get past the lambda wall where you leave the near field - even though just GETTING there would take tens of thousands of amps of excitation due to that sixth power falloff. So, no hundreds of meters for you, ever, with an h-field part. And e-field parts don't work as implants.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by zzombie

Viterbi is used when you have multi-level PSK modulation, which isn't applicable to the type of signaling these parts use. It's more for a modem. The problem you have with either e-field or h-field parts is that they're either loading or reflecting the excitation. You don't get a chance to diddle phases and amplitudes like that.

Regardless, the h-field parts' SNR's drop below the noise at about 3 feet, you can dip down in there and wrestle the signal back out by doing correlations on hundreds/thousands of re-reads with a DSP, out to about 3 feet. Past that, no-one's ever managed it. Nonetheless, even with magic, you're not ever going to be able to get past the lambda wall where you leave the near field - even though just GETTING there would take tens of thousands of amps of excitation due to that sixth power falloff. So, no hundreds of meters for you, ever, with an h-field part. And e-field parts don't work as implants.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what does that even mean

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Implants can't be read past about 3 feet, no matter what, and it takes a big effort to do it even then. A foot is a much more achievable distance.

(I design with this stuff too, RFID can be fun. Most of the math is the same for radar, oddly enough, or very very similar)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just as an aside, would you guys and/or your friends be interested in a "someone just used an RFID interrogator near you" warning device, or an RFID reader jamming device?

We were kicking it around at dinner. Of course, we were also talking about a new iPhone app for the middle east called "iEd". It was one of those lots o' beer outings.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am a Chritian... I read my Bible...I would NOT take the chip...of any sort.

I guess it would be good in a way though, to see all of the fundamentalist "Christians" put their faith where there mouth and wallet is. How many Christians that preach the word would actually follow the word on this? I mean, there is no in between... no kinda sorta..either you are chipped or you are not.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tellmemoreok
Something like this could have potential medical benefits, if used to identify patients who are unconscious and arrive at an emergency room. Their medical conditions could be obtained in an instant and this would save lives.

But unfortunately with good comes evil, and this technology will be used eventually to control humans completely. It's just a matter of time.

Yes just like when they told us the had linked computers to cameras and used them on motorway bridges to indetifiy stolen cars and the next thing you know is road tax goes up by a massive amout and now they can enforce payment.

anyone that takes a chip should be treated like a machine.

been a long time since the last revolution in the UK and it's time we had another one instead of taking all the BS thrown at us.

They are crashing the economy so get ready for the amro, personal carbon tax bill and RFID or just tell em to keep the taxes, debt and police state and we will seize the assets of the bankers and politicians and then see who's commited treason and who's not.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Say goodbye to freedom, say goodbye to privacy, it nolonger exists. So much for being able to run and hide from the Governemnt when they all decide to turn everyone into slaves, or to kill us all. I would not want microchipped for any reason. I wouldnt be able to hide from MIB if i was ever under some type of suspicion of being a non-human, or something else that they merely want to use as an excuse to kill or kidnap someone. If wew were microchipped Jews during the holocaust, the Nazis woulda found us hiding in the Attic. Just think of it this way, when people are microchipped (EVERYONE) Youre not going to be able to hide from any enemies who have access to a tracking device. Microchips suck. I think that only Criminals, and Children and pets should be microchipped so that THEY Can be found.

But when its just any chosen person, its wrong and its an invasion not only of privacy, but of the body. What would you do if a few months or years after receiving a shot or vaccination, you pull something foreign from your body that you didnt ask for that was implanted at the order of the Government and done without your knowledge or consent? How would you feel? To realise that youve been spied on, tracked and voyuered and knowing then that if you hadnt found it and for some reason you may hav had to run and hide from murderous MIB or Government Nazis for some reason and realising that nomatter where you went, they still would have found you because your body was INVADED with a tracking device.

THAT is a true con, and a Nightmare. THis con for me outweighs the Pros. You can prettymuch find anyone who has dissapeared or was kidnapped simply by either doing propper investigation of such case, or consulting an actual psychic and not a crackpot loonyass fake. It just anything they can think of to monitor you 24-7 without justification, all because theyre sick and nosey and evil. What would be the actual reason they SNEAK them in to people who have no criminal record, arent crazy and are not under the age of 18? Try thinking about that.

A few months ago something came out of my left arm, it was about the size of a grain of sand, it actually resembled a tiny spiral-coned sea-shell when i closely examined it, white, grey and yellowish white in color, i had no idea what it was and i thought maybe it was just a peice of sand, dirt or even a pimple, but i tried smashing it between my fingernails, it was hard like a rock, so i placed it between a hard surface and a rock from my collection and pushed down on it to try and crush it, but when i lifted the rock, this thing was still completely intact. I decided to press it to a peice of clear tape and kep it to show my counsellor, but i decided to just throw it away, i wish now after reading this article, that i had kept the thing. Whatever it was. How the hell did it get under my skin in my arm? I still have the scar from where it popped out when i squeezed it, the area became infected for some reason before i discovered it was under my skin. How did it get there, i didnt injure myself, i hadnt brushed against anything! And What the hell was it? Any ideas?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
hehehe... yup I see a biblical prophecy fulfilling here... government staff first, then all detainees and eventually the rest of the population. I see that chip eventually replacing our credit and debet-cards in the future.. then the phrase of not being able to buy groceries without the mark of the beast would be fullfilled as well
how low can you go..

the biblical prophecy talks about the bearers of that mark in the end having excrusiating pain from that mark.. scientifically speaking if the battery contained in an RFID chip were to break and the fluid were to enter the body it would give extreme burning sensations... An EMP would in theory be able to achieve that very situation.. so hear me out... what if the sun would give off such a tremendous EMP-burst in the near future, when alot of people have been fitted with the chip? see where i'm going here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join