It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on an unknown symbol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey all! I work in a community and recently noticed a sign being displayed on some properties. It is a white, diamond shaped sign with a black dot in the middle of a black circle with another black dot at the bottom. The signs are all identical and I don't want to look like a nut by asking the property owners what it means, but...curiosity is killing me! Any ideas? The closest thing I can find is a masonic symbol or a sun symbol, but neither include the bottom dot.

Here is what it looks like.

Thanks.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
Hey all! I work in a community and recently noticed a sign being displayed on some properties. It is a white, diamond shaped sign with a black dot in the middle of a black circle with another black dot at the bottom. The signs are all identical and I don't want to look like a nut by asking the property owners what it means, but...curiosity is killing me! Any ideas? The closest thing I can find is a masonic symbol or a sun symbol, but neither include the bottom dot.

Here is what it looks like.

Thanks.

Very interesting, I really wouldn't be too embarrassed about asking, I'd want to know if someone was putting signs on my home so they must surely know.

I reckon (just a guess) that it's something to do with internet/wireless service or something. The dot with the circle around looks like a representation of the homes wireless network.

Or they could be marked for extermination, one of the two.....

But seriously, just ask mate, no harm in it!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I understand...but I just work here. If it turns out to be something "embarrassing" it wouldn't look good.

I don't think it is something related to wireless. There are some "things" these people have in common...but I'd rather not speculate. I'm sure someone here will know. The signs are definitely displayed as a "hey...I'm this" type of notice and like I said...are all new and identical. I also know they weren't placed by the community, but by the individuals.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The signs are all identical

keep looking to see if you find one that is different.... I know they had a certain way of marking houses after Hurricane Katrina to indicate if the house was searched and how many dead bodies were inside.

But that's the only help I can offer.

If they are marking properties to indicate something... then maybe you'll eventually see one that is different.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Ah, in that case you'd better not!

If you take the white box to mean the house, the dot in the middle the owner, the circle around would mean that the owner is inside the protection of the circle or part of the circle. There is also another dot within the house, that could mean that there is only one person living in the house protected or part of the circle but the other isn't.

It is also BLACK outside the house, that could have significance too.

Or it could be a message to the local Jehova's Witnesses!!

The thing is you seem to kind of know but you're not really allowed to say because of your job, makes it kinda hard.

Like you say, someone will know, that's definitely your best bet, no more guesses I swear!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just to clarify on my mock-up of the image...the signs are diamond shaped and white with black circles. My black, outside the white in the posted image, is NOT part of the actual sign.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Okay this is just a wild guess but maybe they are swingers,

The point and the circle carries a sexual connotation. How can this be, you might ask? If you have to ask that question, you do not have the mind and heart of a pagan. One Masonic author states that this symbol is used in Sun Worship, and then says: "The female principle, symbolized by the moon, assumed the form of a lunette [small circular opening], or crescent, while the male principle, symbolized by the sun, assumed the form of the lingam [Phallus] and placed himself erect in the center of the lunette, like the mast of a ship." ["Point Within A Circle", Short Talk Bulletin , August, 1931, Masonic Bulletin designed to read within the Lodges, p. 4]

So maybe the dot outside the inner circle represents another person in the relationship.

Like i said, just a guess.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Can you at least give us a state or country you are in. I am really curious and have been searching everywhere I can for any info to include putting to together piece by piece.

Any help will be great.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I understand...but I just work here. If it turns out to be something "embarrassing" it wouldn't look good.

I don't think it is something related to wireless. There are some "things" these people have in common...but I'd rather not speculate. I'm sure someone here will know. The signs are definitely displayed as a "hey...I'm this" type of notice and like I said...are all new and identical. I also know they weren't placed by the community, but by the individuals.

Did Lady_Tuatha get it right? Seems from your response she may have.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The circle with the dot in the middle is the sun.
link
It is also the symbol for hidrogen.
It is also the symbol for carrier of sex linked recessive?

I don't know what it is.
Do they walk around naked??

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't "know" what the symbol means, but "swingers" might be a possibility (not a pretty thought though). I believe they indulge in "natural smokable substances"...if you know what I mean. That was the only link I could think of. I'm still quite confused by the extra dot on the bottom. Otherwise this would have been a no-brainer.

I appreciate all the input.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser
Do they walk around naked??

DEAR GOD...NO...THANK YOU! They don't. (ha-ha).

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's probably someones graphic design assignment.
If I were to design this I would probably call it Matter/AntiMatter.
I wouldn't call that a diamond because all the angles are equal.
That's more a square rotated 45 degrees.

What would be significant about 45 degrees?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Looks to me like they might be identifying themselves as anarchists.

But... after further research... the symbol appears to be the Eye of Ra/God. Masonic/Kabbalist symbol most likely. Someone in that household is an extension of that EYE... a visual conduit in behalf of some entity's all-seeing eye. Just a guess.

[edit on 16/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's probably someones graphic design assignment.

Good thought...but these appear to be produced or purchased. They are either thin metal or hard plastic and are screwed in through a hole in the top. And...there appear to be only four in the community of 800 properties.

Oh...I'm in the USA (someone asked).

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Circle Dot is an ancient symbol with many interpretations[1]. When I came across it the first time it was explained to be a symbol of the vagina (the circle) and the penis (the dot). In other words, its a fertility symbol of the penis within the vagina. Check the WikiPedia article below for other interpretations.

The circle combined with a square is a Jungian symbol for the relationship between the psyche and self(circle). The cabbalistic image of a circle within a square is a symbol of the divine spark within the body[2].

Since the square is tilted 45 degrees it may mean a diamond, which is a symbol for solar radiance, immutability, and integrity[3].

If it is a swingers poster, as was suggested above, then the bottom dot may mean that group sex is practised, this because the dot may be a symbol of a (second) penis.

[1] WikiPedia: Circle Dot
[2] The Complete Dictionary of Symbolism, Duncan Baird Publishers Ltd, 2004, page 109
[3] The Complete Dictionary of Symbolism, Duncan Baird Publishers Ltd, 2004, page 148

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Acharya]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have also thought of old boy scout trail markers. The dot in the circle is used to signify end of trail, camp or gone home (depending)

In hobo sings, a circle with a dot means a man with a gun lives here or that a gun is at the ready.

In alchemy, it is the symbol for gold.

So unless they are confused scouts or gold buyers, I would be tempted to think that it is a warning to hobos and tramps. But with them being newer signs, who really knows. The swinger thing might be something. Well except that swingers usually do not advertise by using symbols.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I believe they indulge in "natural smokable substances"...if you know what I mean. That was the only link I could think of.

I can tell you w/almost certainty, that this isn't the connection. (unless you are talking some REAL HEAVY stuff).

It seems quite esoteric...and they are advertising to boot...

[edit on 5/17/10 by Tharsis]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think it is the circle of trust and to be in the circle you have to prove yourself to be trustworthy by not breaking in.Its an ingenious crime fighting initiative .Will you be worthy?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I got a similar take on it as well...

The "Inner Circle of Protection" and the Initiate.

Interesting logo, no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join