It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. But what happens after?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Matthew 13:37-40 (New International Version)

37He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.

Jesus was born at the end of Aries, surprisingly the world did not end at this time, however statements like the above could mean we will not be so lucky with our current end of the age situation. The Hopi are also teaching about the end of the age and the purification by fire among a host of other cultures.

When God made war against "evil" humans, he sent angels to do his bidding, and it seems he will do it again, and we have been warned. Are you a Good seed or a Bad seed? As it seems you don't have a choice in the matter.

Ephesians 1:18-21 (New International Version)

18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

I'm assuming If your a Good seed you will hear this call. Perhaps its a call to return to nature and live the way God intended us too, caretakers of this Earth. Or maybe something else, If I knew the answers I sure wouldn't be writing this thread.

But it doesn't seem this is about free will,but God chosing who he wants to grow and flourish as opposed to being burned like weeds. Doyou feel like you have been chosen? Do you want to start collecting heirloom seeds but have not because God will provide what you need when you need it?

1 Corinthians 10:10-12 (New International Version)

10And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.

11These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Are you ready to meet a Angel?

Anyway there is more to this but I don't really wanna dwell on the whole gloom and doom parts, that just about every ancient culture on Earth tells us is going to happen. I do feel it coming like a approaching storm but I don't fear it,I'm excited by it and look forward to it.

I would rather dwell on what happens after all the bad and the fires burn themselves out.

What do you see the world like in the Age of Aquarius? I hope there are no alarm clocks, lots and lots of fishing and gardening and hunting, no time clocks, or insurance cards or money and no men with guns.

What do you think?

Revelation 15:3 (New International Version)

3and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb:
"Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.

We don't have a end of the age section so Im posting this in the 2012.

LDF

[edit on 16-5-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The age your referring to is that of the Procession Of The Equinox.

It lasts 26 thousand years.

Axial precession is the movement of the rotational axis of an astronomical body, whereby the axis slowly traces out a cone. In the case of the Earth, this type of precession is also known as the precession of the equinoxes or precession of the equator. The Earth goes through one such complete precessional cycle in a period of approximately 26,000 years, during which the positions of stars as measured in the equatorial coordinate system will slowly change; the change is actually due to the change of the coordinates.

Source

Jesus was not born at the end of Aries...

We are currently in the age of Pisces. In 2012 we will be moving into the age of Aquarius if I am not mistaken..

~Keeper

[edit on 5/16/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Axial precession is the movement of the rotational axis of an astronomical body, whereby the axis slowly traces out a cone. In the case of the Earth, this type of precession is also known as the precession of the equinoxes or precession of the equator. The Earth goes through one such complete precessional cycle in a period of approximately 26,000 years, during which the positions of stars as measured in the equatorial coordinate system will slowly change; the change is actually due to the change of the coordinates.

Source

Jesus was not born at the end of Aries...

We are currently in the age of Pisces. In 2012 we will be moving into the age of Aquarius if I am not mistaken..

~Keeper

I'd love to see your sources that say in 2012 we move into Aquarius, as I've only heard it by doom sayers that really didn't know what they were talking about.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Thanks for replying, but the 26 thousand year Procession of the Equinox is how long it takes Earth to travel threw all 12 zodiac signs or One Great Year.

An astrological age is a time period in astrology which is believed by some to parallel major changes in the Earth's inhabitants' development, particularly relating to culture, society and politics. There are twelve astrological ages corresponding to the twelve zodiacal signs in astrology. At the completion of one cycle of twelve astrological ages, the cycle repeats itself. Astrological ages occur because of a phenomenon known as the precession of the equinoxes. One complete period of this precession is called a Great Year or Platonic Year[1] of about 25,920 years.

This explains the method used in this thread

It is difficult to say which is the most popular method to divide the Great Year into twelve astrological ages. There are two popular methods. One method is to divide the Great Year into twelve astrological ages of approximately equal lengths of around 2160 years per age based on the vernal equinox moving through the sidereal zodiac.

wikipedia

Link for above scripture posts biblegateway

I hope this explains things....

Now do you have a opinion on what the new age is going to feel like? look like? be like?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Hmm, Interesting.

I was under the impression that every 26k years we moved into a new age.

As in, your in the age of pisces for 26k years and then move into the age of Aquarius.

Your explanation actually makes more sense...

As for what it will be like, I am assuming that it's one of enlightenment.

I don't subsribe to theology so forgive me when I say I don't think Angels will rain fire from the sky or that any sort of Apocalypse is going to occur.

I think as time continues to go by, we as humans will evolve in the metaphysical sense. Increasing our spiritual knowledge and becoming more enlightened.

All positive from my persective. Although I do feel as of late that something horrible must happen as a catalyst.

I hope I am wrong.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Wiki seems appropriate...

The Age of Aquarius is either the current or new age in the astrological cycle. Each astrological age is approximately 2,150 years long, on average, but there are various methods of calculating this length that may yield longer or shorter time spans depending upon the technique used. Unlike sun-sign astrology where the first sign is Aries, followed by Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces, whereupon the cycle returns to Aries and through the zodiacal signs again, the astrological ages proceed in the opposite direction or order – normally termed retrograde. Therefore, the Age of Aquarius follows the Age of Pisces. It has been said that we are currently shifting into the "Aquarian Age."

Source

Emphasis mine.

This isn't a fact persay, just a theory, nobody really knows I think..

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for your input and I feel the same way.

Oh and one more thing, Jesus is often referred to the Lamb of God, the Ram or Lamb is the symbol for Aries and of Course the Fish is the symbol for both Pisces and Jesus. The symbol for Aquarius is the water barer pouring out water, I think this is about the most positive message for us to keep in mind.

unless of course this first pouring out is wrath.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

But it doesn't seem this is about free will,but God chosing who he wants to grow and flourish as opposed to being burned like weeds. Doyou feel like you have been chosen? Do you want to start collecting heirloom seeds but have not because God will provide what you need when you need it?

Some time ago I came to the conclusion, god was coming back for a righteous and peculiar people not because of the fact they were GOOD, but the right blood line,

“This people have I formed for myself” (Isa. 43:21)

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

[edit on 093131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Wiki seems appropriate...

The Age of Aquarius is either the current or new age in the astrological cycle. Each astrological age is approximately 2,150 years long, on average, but there are various methods of calculating this length that may yield longer or shorter time spans depending upon the technique used. Unlike sun-sign astrology where the first sign is Aries, followed by Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces, whereupon the cycle returns to Aries and through the zodiacal signs again, the astrological ages proceed in the opposite direction or order – normally termed retrograde. Therefore, the Age of Aquarius follows the Age of Pisces. It has been said that we are currently shifting into the "Aquarian Age."

Source

Emphasis mine.

This isn't a fact persay, just a theory, nobody really knows I think..

~Keeper

It has been said is complete speculation, even before 2012 was relevant there were conflicting dates of 2380, 2260, etc. But now that everyones talking about it, suddenly the date has changed to 2012, it's really convenient.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. But what happens after?

A: a new religion will replace the Apocalypse meme we now have.

i would welcome a pre-industrial revolution world

it seems we are not yet ready for off planet colonizations

see: movies.yahoo.com...
(Fifth Element, i though was a sublime look at armageddonism)

new religion, model-> Heinleins 'Stranger in a Strange Land'
grok & water brother are essential concepts of this futurescape outlook/ideology

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ohh I agree, it is very convenient. There was never a consensus as to what the actual date was, and for that reason, doom and gloomers have used it to their advantage.

Kind of sad really.

Personally I don't think anything of importance will happen on Dec 21st 2012. I do believe something will happen in the next decade that will be ridiculous, but not on that specific date.

I just dont' give the Mayans that much credit...

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

"The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.'

The bad seeds are sons of the evil one,

Two creation stories in Genesis, even the title of the first book of the bible.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Now do you have a opinion on what the new age is going to feel like? look like? be like?

The Bible describes it, if that is the description you are looking for,

It will be a renewed earth a paradise, back to the garden.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ohh I agree, it is very convenient. There was never a consensus as to what the actual date was, and for that reason, doom and gloomers have used it to their advantage.

Kind of sad really.

Personally I don't think anything of importance will happen on Dec 21st 2012. I do believe something will happen in the next decade that will be ridiculous, but not on that specific date.

I just dont' give the Mayans that much credit...

~Keeper

Alright then, I'm just tired of doom sayers claiming vehemently that 2012 is when aquarius begins with absolutely nothing to back it up by new agers conjectures.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the bible clearly states after the end times the earth will be made anew-no more zodiac time line. no ages of aquarious, the heavens and earth are made anew.God comes when he sees the whole earth about to be destroyed and cannot hold back his anger at sin anymore. The bible teaches that evil is destroyed, no thoughts of greed, no thoughts of hate, jelousy,want We live [here] not in heaven, in closeness with our new earth, we still live , we live free, free to invent, to build, to change and expand the living new universe. we will still raise children, expand our lives but without sin for god will live with us, inside us , uniteing us as a collective. No one knows the date but god for the end times, final end-but in the bible it teaches that an observant christian will know when it is near-not just fear mongering-[i believe within 5 years, since the downfall of this planet is showing real snowball effect] You must understand that evil cannot get everybody, so evils main objective is for satan to destroy the whole earth, and in doing so would destroy gods creations, And we see this happening on a grand scale, even as the earth heals its self, it cannot keep up with our attacking it relentlessly, on every level.
It is best to take the bible word for word, not attach the meanings with astrology, hopi phrophacy, or other false worships. It is comanded that a true christian seek out, his whole life the meanings of truth. God says that in our times as a man gets truth and knowlage he is even more saddened then at the begining--truth brings realization of what evil is in our lives, its control on ones self as well as its interaction in society. WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT GOD DIRECTLY IN OUR LIVES. simple as that--the struggle is comming to an end soon, i am saddened by what we have to go through, however i now see the simple understanding of it to play out. WE ARE A EXAMPLE FOR ALL TIMES TO COME. the textbook of god almighty

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

And heavens, there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

edit,
with that in mind, the new heavens being a new planetary alignment, would leave the old zodiac obsolete,

However I do believe the prophets of the bible used stars as signs.

[edit on 103131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The precession of the equinoxes is an approximation because the precession changes speed.

Axial Precession

The precession rate is not a constant, but is (at the moment) slowly increasing over time, as indicated by the linear (and higher order) terms in T. In any case it must be stressed that this formula is only valid over a limited time period.

When the change in ages occurs is dependent on many factors. The length of the ages changes.

In fact, each age is nothing more than arbitrary label assigned by people. It's a time point and nothing more.

Let's try the approximations be listed in this thread.

1. "Jesus was born at the end of Aries"
  2. Next transition is 2012.
  3. Jesus was born around, 2012-2160=-148, or 148BC

This disparity could be fixed a number of ways

1. Add 148 years to the life time of Jesus
  2. Move the next change of ages to 2260.
  3. Claim that a disinfo agent is messing with us
  4. Claim that there was a cover up of biblical proportions
  5. Blame the Catholic church
  6. Jesus was not born at the end of Aries
  7. Fill in your choice of alternative suggestion

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

your mostly correct to my thinking,
but astrologers agree that a Vernal Equinox transition from one constellation into the next is the actual start of the 'Age'

from the wiki pages....
the vernal equinox (northern hemisphere) is occurring in Pisces;

The Age of Pisces is technically the current age and

some astrologers believe it will remain so for approximately another 600 years.
At that time, the vernal equinox point will no longer be facing Pisces, but moved into the constellation of Aquarius, thus beginning the Age of Aquarius.

now lets connect some more dots here, if we are into the Age of Pisces
at some with only ~600 more years to go to hit the Aquarian age,

i'm of the thinking that the Piscean Age began in 510BC and the figure that was first brought forth from the forces/energies of Piscean was not Jesus some 500 years later,
but rather is was The Buddah who more accurately fills the station of the figurehead or Archtype that appears at the advent of an Ages change.

sorry, but to many of us, Jesus, while setting a great ideal is NOT the change of Ages ideological paradim shift cause that most here believe...

Buddah ~600bce-563bce
Jesus ~4 bce
Mohammad ~ 600AD
go figure, prior to them the Grecian empire was the Age if Aires
prior to that was the Babylonian or Assyrian Empire Age of Taurus,
and so on...

the enormous change from Empires setting the paradigm of each Age, to the Advent of the Piscean Age when individuals became the focus point of the cultural paradigm shift-of-Ages.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by St Udio]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

While I will agree with you that there are many dates given as to when the Age of Aquarius will begin, I do have to question you if you have ever heard of Google?

Alister Crowley stated that the new age began in 1904 and he ushered it in personally. Sir Issac Newton wrote upto 4500 pages attempting to decode when the end of the world [age] would occur and its said he wrote down the date 2060 on a scratch piece of paper. Some say this occured right before ww2 or in the seventies or the year 2000.

I tend to go with what the ancients and there calenders say about it.

The Mayans long count Calender Fifth Great Cycle began in 3114 BC and will end on 21 December 2012 AD.

The Hindu Kali Yuga calendar began in 3102 B.C and is very close to the Mayan Calendar and although these two ancient cultures never had any contact they both foretell of a golden age 5000 years into there respective calenders.

As you can see there is only a 12 year difference in these two ancient calendars.

I have also read that there is no exact date when a age begins of ends, that there is a transitional period between the ages or a cusp, plus each zodiac signs are not uniform in size in the sky, so the exact beginning and ending may vary.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

While I will agree with you that there are many dates given as to when the Age of Aquarius will begin, I do have to question you if you have ever heard of Google?

Alister Crowley stated that the new age began in 1904 and he ushered it in personally. Sir Issac Newton wrote upto 4500 pages attempting to decode when the end of the world [age] would occur and its said he wrote down the date 2060 on a scratch piece of paper. Some say this occured right before ww2 or in the seventies or the year 2000.

I tend to go with what the ancients and there calenders say about it.

The Mayans long count Calender Fifth Great Cycle began in 3114 BC and will end on 21 December 2012 AD.

The Hindu Kali Yuga calendar began in 3102 B.C and is very close to the Mayan Calendar and although these two ancient cultures never had any contact they both foretell of a golden age 5000 years into there respective calenders.

As you can see there is only a 12 year difference in these two ancient calendars.

I have also read that there is no exact date when a age begins of ends, that there is a transitional period between the ages or a cusp, plus each zodiac signs are not uniform in size in the sky, so the exact beginning and ending may vary.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I do know of google and I have heard of those dates before, I've looked into the subject before.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join