It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian cleric wants creation of 'Greater Iran'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So I was browsing the Drudge report and came across this article about a new political party taking shape in Iran called Hezbolah (not the same from Lebanon). The Ayatollah Mohammad Bagher Kharrazi goes on to talk about a "Greater Iran" that would encompass the entire MIddle East and parts of Asia.

The Drudge Report
A Greater Iran - My Way News

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - A radical cleric called Saturday for the creation of a "Greater Iran" that would rule over the entire Middle East and Central Asia, in an event that he said would herald the coming of Islam's expected messiah.

I have seen many conspiracy theories and prophecies that have referred to The End" starting in the Middle East. I am curious how much ground this party will gain bewtween now and the next election cycle. After the last election there seemed to be a public shift away from the current Government style over there. Between this article and the constant comments about wiping Israel off the map, tagged with their comments about their Nuclear program and its underlying intentions.

Either elements inside of Iran are wanting to do this, or they are using these types of statements to force Israel / USA / Internation Community into a pre-emptive strike against them to justify a larger military action on Irans part.

Couple this with the second round of wargames currently going on in Iran, and its not hard to reach the conclusion they are preparing for war.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well an offshoot political party wanting a bigger Iran, probably won't gain any steam in any sort of election cycle.

I mean the article does state 'radical' cleric.

I think once the Ayatollah along with the current administration of Iran is removed and an actual democractic government put in place, peace will come to the middle east.

I honestly believe that Iran will be the ones to make the biggest difference in ending conflict.

They invented chess after all..

As far as war goes, the propaganda campaign against Iran continues to be fierce.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/16/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Radical part did get me.. I am curious how bad / so far off kilter one has to be in Iran to be labeled Radical in that country. Usually I see them tag the democratic movement people as Radical, but not the ones who beleive in a greater Iran.

As far as the propoganda machine... Iran seems to do just fine in turning World opinion against themselves. To claim their nuke program is peacful, only to have their government leaders and some clerics state they are wanting possesion of a nuclear bomb (gimme some time to find the article that spoke about that stance).

Invoking the return of the messiah in the same talk about a greater Iran is just asking for a larger Holy war. The question I have is where is the line in the sand? At what point does the world say enough and take action?

As far as a Democratic government in Iran.. It happened before so I am optomistic it could happen again. I guess the question remains then is do we get involved to help that change, or standy by and hope the people of that country can the change by themselves.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The article your referencing about them wanting Nukes was mis translated for that purpose.

I'm one of the few people who actually want Iran to get a nuke. I think it would do the middle east some good if they could go about their business without being harrassed by Israel and the US.

Iran hasn't ever been an agressive country, at least not in contemporary times.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Can't see it.

Most Iranians are Shia Muslims.
However Shia Muslims only account for between 10 -13% of all Muslims.
The vast majority are Sunni Muslims.

Just look at Iraq to see how well they get on with each other when left alone!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well an offshoot political party wanting a bigger Iran, probably won't gain any steam in any sort of election cycle.

I mean the article does state 'radical' cleric.

I think once the Ayatollah along with the current administration of Iran is removed and an actual democractic government put in place, peace will come to the middle east.

I honestly believe that Iran will be the ones to make the biggest difference in ending conflict.

They invented chess after all..

As far as war goes, the propaganda campaign against Iran continues to be fierce.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/16/2010 by tothetenthpower]

They did not invent chess ... chess was invented in India .. it was the game of the kings in India ..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

The earliest evidence of Chess is found in the neighboring Sassanid Persia around 600 where the game came to be known under the name chatrang. Chatrang is evoked inside three epic romances written in Pahlavi (Medium Persian). Chatrang was taken up by the Muslim world after the Islamic conquest of Persia (633–644) where it was then named shatranj, with the pieces largely retaining their Persian names

It is thought to have been invented in India, however, the earliest known usage and or findings of chess were from Persia..

Source

~Keeper

top topics

join