It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is everybody crying and whining about anyway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

The world is complicated and so are the solutions. The answers don't lie in self depricating jokes and well timed one liners. But elections do.

There's that disdain again. So, basically, Reagan fooled a lot of people. Too bad they're not smart enough to elect YOUR crowd, huh?

Dem/Libs just don't deal well with majority rule.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
here's a stat you people might wanna check out.

68%

66%

68%

these are the approval ratings of three presidents upon leaving the whitehouse. guess which three they are.

give up? reagan FDR and clinton.

woah! clinton and reagan had the same approval rating when they left the presidency. yet only one is being villified. now i kept hearing from certain people "well clinton isnt president anymore, thats history" and so was reagan being president but i dont see anyone taking easy on him AND HE'S DEAD!!! i guess noone can touch slick willy (i feel so dirty for having typed that) but we can certainly bash a dead president. right???

there are hypocrites on this board and they should be ashamed, of course they arent or they wouldnt be hypocrites.

so lets me see if i got this right...we can and should bash bush, we can and should bash reagan, but because clinton is no longer president we cant bash him?

care to explain the logic here? its not MY logic, just what i've observed from others on this board.

say it with me now...

H
Y
P
O
C
R
I
T
E
S

very good class.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
:shk: You broke my heart Colonel

To speak of the dead in such a way is just SAD.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Zowie and unholy tung tortures Colonel....You slew that villan...
ohhh he was already dead....

HOO hoo WHEEEE...im giddy with laughter......

I'm laughing too. The reverant silence as the media drones on and on and on and on about how great the Gipper was had to be broken. Cheers to Colonol for the reality check just in time.

Why just in time? Now that someone finally spoke the truth and the sky didn't fall, we can all talk about it. As a new generation of TV fans are being indoctrinated with magical neverending tales of the man that slew the paper dragon, some pretty disgusting political opportunists are pushing for Reagen to boot Hamilton off the $10, the Congressional closure of the Mall to be overturned and Reagens own law against Death Dirge memorials to be ignored.

I mentioned this already. Elevatedone started a thread: Reagen on $10 Bill???

And now you can join the other breaking threads Colonel's "fart in public" paved the way for...

The Teflon President as Body Shield

Or even Reagen was the Last Great President

And get this. You don't HAVE to agree with the poster!!! Be free people of the world. Go forth and have opinion.

If ye be hating Clinton. Hate him with passion! I'd love to hear a joke or two.

And if you know Reagen sucked...say it loud and say it proud.

Even if you just want to talk about how great Reagen was, go for it. We haven't heard enough of that this week. :shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just don't understand why some people don't have the capacity for respect. Even if you didn't like the guy, or didn't agree with him, he was our president. And he died for cryin out loud. Would you make fun of someone else with alsheimers who died? I sure hope not.

Put aside your partisan differences and have respect for a dead president, or is that too much to ask?

I agree that we don't need so much coverage on TV and such, but I mean come on. Making fun of anyone after they die is disrespectful, no matter how much you disagree with their politics.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Put aside your partisan differences and have respect for a dead president, or is that too much to ask?

Everyone spouting this 'have respect for the dead' line are just trying to find a different way of saying 'shut up and stop bursting our bubble'. Sorry, ain't going to happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Everyone spouting this 'have respect for the dead' line are just trying to find a different way of saying 'shut up and stop bursting our bubble'. Sorry, ain't going to happen.

Actually I'm not one of the people who is a staunch supporter of Reagan or someone who is greatly mourning his death. I was only a child when he was a president so I don't even remember him that well.

The reason I say we should have respect for the dead is NOT what you think it is. I would have respect for ANY president who dies. Every president has weaknesses, but they also have strengths. I have respect for him because he was a president of the United States of America. That is an honorable title that deserves atleast some respect (I'd say a lot, even if you don't agree with the person, you can still respect them.)

Even Kerry is taking time out to respect the man, and he's the liberal's guy. Why can't you follow in his footsteps in this area and have some respect for a fallen president?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And the downward spiral of America continues.....

:shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Edited.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

The reason I say we should have respect for the dead is NOT what you think it is. I would have respect for ANY president who dies. Every president has weaknesses, but they also have strengths. I have respect for him because he was a president of the United States of America. That is an honorable title that deserves atleast some respect (I'd say a lot, even if you don't agree with the person, you can still respect them.)

Even Kerry is taking time out to respect the man, and he's the liberal's guy. Why can't you follow in his footsteps in this area and have some respect for a fallen president?

Why should I respect the man that said ketchup is a vegetable so he could skim on school lunch programs for kids? Why? You tell me? You have respect for him because he's the president of the United States? What the hell is that? You gotta call out evil wherever you see it! You know he was against the Civil Rights Bill of 1964? He's just as ignorant and uninformed as ever.

Hell, he brought us the demon James Watt!

So, while you mourn him, don't forget to eat your packets of ketchup like the poor children of America did on their school lunch programs b/c it was Ray-gun that classified it as a vegetable.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
[edit on 9-6-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
ahhh colonel, i was accepting this sooner or later. and to tell you the truth, im so sick of you, that im not even gonna complain more.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
ahhh colonel, i was accepting this sooner or later. and to tell you the truth, im so sick of you, that im not even gonna complain more.

MWWWUUUHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, that I'm not a mod, do you think I'm more dangerous or less dangerous?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh, and I hate to steal your thunder but reagan never brought an end to the Soviet Union. He was just simply there....ACTING:

Long the leading Soviet expert on the United States, Georgi Arbatov, head of the Moscow-based Institute for the Study of the U.S.A. and Canada, wrote his memoirs in 1992. A Los Angeles Times book review by Robert Scheer summed up a portion of it:

Arbatov understood all too well the failings of Soviet totalitarianism in comparison to the economy and politics of the West. It is clear from this candid and nuanced memoir that the movement for change had been developing steadily inside the highest corridors of power ever since the death of Stalin. Arbatov not only provides considerable evidence for the controversial notion that this change would have come about without foreign pressure, he insists that the U.S. military buildup during the Reagan years actually impeded this development.

George F. Kennan agrees. The former US ambassador to the Soviet Union, and father of the theory of "containment" of the same country, asserts that "the suggestion that any United States administration had the power to influence decisively the course of a tremendous domestic political upheaval in another great country on another side of the globe is simply childish." He contends that the extreme militarization of American policy strengthened hard-liners in the Soviet Union. "Thus the general effect of Cold War extremism was to delay rather than hasten the great change that overtook the Soviet Union."

Evil Empire Rehtoric from the Actor?

Gorbachev's close adviser, Aleksandr Yakovlev, when asked whether the Reagan administration's higher military spending, combined with its "Evil Empire" rhetoric, forced the Soviet Union into a more conciliatory position, responded:

It played no role. None. I can tell you that with the fullest responsibility. Gorbachev and I were ready for changes in our policy regardless of whether the American president was Reagan, or Kennedy, or someone even more liberal. It was clear that our military spending was enormous and we had to reduce it.
www.axisoflogic.com...

Oh, I'm sorry. Another lie exposed? Boo-hoo. Deal with it. So, since that's lie is exposed, what did Ray-gun REALLY do for this country? Where's your hero now?

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Now, that I'm not a mod, do you think I'm more dangerous or less dangerous?

you're not dangerous, you're just ignorant and spiteful, that just makes you annoying, not dangerous.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Nevermind.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Now, that I'm not a mod, do you think I'm more dangerous or less dangerous?:

Funny you mention that as Im just waiting for AR to show up and hand you your ass again.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
And I hate to bust your bubble there Colonel, but that famed and Democratically claimed "great economics of Bill Clinton" was a byproduct and was inherited of and from who else? Reagan.

seekerof

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
And I hate to bust your bubble there Colonel, but that famed and Democratically claimed "great economics of Bill Clinton" was a byproduct and was inherited of and from who else? Reagan.

seekerof

I don't know about either of them. I think one of the largest technological breakthrough periods in history has more to do with the 90's boom than any one politician. The economy was still #e for a few years after Clinton took office.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
colonel, you really have to be low and sick to attack a man that has died.... But what else could we expect from you...

He was not Hitler, and if he ever said there was no word for freedom in Russian, perhaps if you weren't thinking about feeding your own hatred all the time, you would see that its possible he was making a metaphor, and did not mean it literally.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join