It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is everybody crying and whining about anyway

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Anyone that wishes can sing the Viking Death Dirge for Reagen as long as they want, but the Reinvent the Legacy crowd can only go so far before someone is going to set the record straight. (Thank you Colonel)

There's hardly an epidemic in existence that doesn't have it's explosion rooted in the apathy of the "just say no" Geriactric Presidency.

And it goes well beyond AIDS, drugs and homelessness. It would be one thing if Reagen had kept to his core competencies about the Soviet Union and DONE NOTHING, since it was already starving in bread lines from the Carter grain embargo and about to collapse from it's overextension in Afghanistan...but nooooooooooooooooo that wasn't good enough.

As if the grossly inept spending of $600 toilet seats to teach them Ruskies a lesson about who has better credit wasn't enough, HE MADE TERRORISM WHAT IT IS TODAY!

He certainly didn't invent it, but damned if his administration didn't teach a generation of Bin Laden's that anyone, anywhere can take on a superpower and win! Anyone that thinks the backdoor arms deals didn't hurt, is crazy. We taught them everything they know. And most importantly that no matter what we say in public, it's a lie. And we'll wheel and deal as dirty as any criminal. So now armed and trained by the US, convinced we're dirty dealers and bouyed with the confidence of kicking the Soviet Union's butt....well, you know where the terrorist's attention turned next don't you?

So thanks Reagen for this War on your Terror.

Why is this so hard to grasp? It's so easy for some people to blame Clinton for "letting Bin Laden go" but not Bush/Reagen for inventing him?

Don't worry, I'm used to it. Kind of like Bush 41 said about Reagen when blaming his loss on the "no new taxes" promise...

Had the promise not been so "pronounced," Mr. Bush speculated, he might have been able to do what Mr. Reagan did. "Reagan raised taxes several times," Mr. Bush said, "but he just kept saying, 'I'm against a tax increase.' ... I just wish I'd [lied too].

Wall Street Journal Extract

Admit it. If Reagen had remained a Democrat (like he started) then those complaining about this thread would be the first to point out he was little more than a Hollywood Kook, that relied a little too heavily on horoscopes, jelly beans and makeup. But darn that self depricating humor sure made me feel good about myself.

In which case I agree. But I'd sooner rent a Jimmy Stewart movie than elect his B-counterpart President.

[Edited on 7-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So, he lied about taxes too. Big Mystery there. What else do repugnants do? This stuff is sickening. I turned on the 11:00 news and "you know who" was all over it! They even had some guy crying like a groupie,"He was such a great man."

Great my azz. I say "Good riddance to bad rubbish."

Big PS: Ever notice that Reagan's is the one and only coffin Bush won't keep the public from looking at?

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Rant,

C'mon Carter caused the fall of the Soviet Union?

Reagan caused terrorism?

Mixed in amongst your rant, Rant were some valuable truths. Not all of us that tend toward conservitism are blind, but your hatred of all things right seems to blind you.

Reagan did no right? Clinton was perfect? Bush is all that is evil? Kerry is all that is good? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth but that is what you seem to always be saying IMHO.

And yet you don't strike me as someone that closed minded, in fact you made a post earlier in another thread that I would have voted way above if you were not a mod.

So why so vehement here?

[edit on 6/7/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by Facefirst
I disagreed with alot of Reagan's politics as well, but you could show once ounce of class and wait until the casket is in the ground.

But I guess there is no word in the Colonel's lanquage for "couth."

I don't know about Colonel, but I think I've shown great restraint in not making this my avatar...

Wasn't this guy's family friends with the Bush Crime family?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Great my azz. I say "Good riddance to bad rubbish."

Hoo boy, here we go again...

Hey Colonel, forgot to say before, in some sort of masochistic way, it is good to have you back.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Scott Hinckley, brother of John W. Hinckley Jr., who allegedly shot Reagan, was to have dined tonight in Denver at the home of Neil Bush, one of the vice president's sons.

The family of the man charged with trying to assassinate President Reagan is acquainted with the family of Vice President George Bush and had made large contributions to his political campaign, the Houston Post reported today.

www.hereinreality.com...

What have I always said: Repugnants eat their own...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Hoo boy, here we go again...

Hey Colonel, forgot to say before, in some sort of masochistic way, it is good to have you back.

Thank you . I appreciate that.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Seth, I swear I'm not trying to spit bile. It just comes out that way.

No, Carter didn't single handedly collapse the Soviet Union. Didn't mean to imply that at all. No one man did. And that is what I meant to counter what I keep hearing on the news.

If you can't tell it's not so much as I hate the guy, as what's he's become in some people's heads. It's unrealistic.

For example, I love the fact Reagen was more likely to have dinner and drinks with rival Tip O'Neal than a member of his own party. But remembering the role seems to have gotten in the way of remembering the man. That's all.

You and I are cool.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hey colonel I got news for you The massive debt That Regan ran up was the CAUSE of the economics boom in the late 80s and 90s, Part of what he was "wasting our money" on was a little thing called DARPANET, you use its child everyday to post your drivel. The Soviet Union went bankrupt BECAUSE Regan spent so much on defense that they went broke trying to keep up. s for afghanistan Regan didnt teach them that guerilla war could defeat an invading force the same people used the same tactics against hannibal (btw I'm Not talking about the leader of the A-team ) Check your facts, learn economics, and then you can criticise your betters.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I just saw this group on CNN - The Ronald Reagen Legacy Foundation, but get practically everything on the net returned when googling it given the recent coverage of the Ronald Reagen "Legacy".

I'd like to know how serious and powerful these people are. The news story said they're striking while the iron is hot following Reagen's death.

At issue: Forget about the dime. They want Hamilton replaced with Reagen on the $10. And they want to override the Congressional ruling following the WWII memorial that the mall in DC is a "completed work of art" to add a Reagen monument.

Nevermind Reagen signed legislation into law that no memorial could be erected until at least 25 years after a Presidents death to save partisan pushed embarrasments like the Buchanon and Garfield monuments. They want Reagen's law overturned too!

A little discretion please people. :shk:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT SPEND US INTO THE MASSIVE DEBT!

Welllll (ala Reagan),
I guess that might be construed as better than 18% inflation and MASSIVE unemployment, eh Colonel? You couldn't get a job to save your soul in the 70s, as I recall.

BTW, RR must have been a better actor than you give him credit for...he was the original choice for the lead in Casablanca!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
how did colonel out do himself? Other than the first paragraph, which contains no substance, at all, he pasted crap from 3 links

Bob, I wasn't agreeing with him, just remarking on the Colonel being the Colonel.
And, I was commenting on some stuff that was edited out, btw.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think that the colonel and the rest of you gravedancers are skirting the real cause of your ire. It'sn not really about his policies, or his alleged incompetence.

It's the fact that America liked him, and chose him (twice) over people you thought were better educated and more sensitive.

Why don't you tell us how little you think of all the sheep who elected and re-elected him, about how these sheep don't deserve to govern themselves, and about how the democrats could do a much better job of making our decisions for us.

C'mon. Tell the truth. You despise the people in the street. You despise Joe sixpack and Suzie housecoat because they don't want you to run their lives.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Dr strangecraft good to see another realist here.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Strangecraft, you're not exactly gleening insights or posting a revelation here.

I already said I have a problem with illusory fantasy Presidents.

As for Joe-six pack and Suzi Housecoat, it does sadden me that if the election were held today between Bush and Kerry, Reagen would win.

That's not disdain for America, but frustration at our soundbyte society. The world is complicated and so are the solutions. The answers don't lie in self depricating jokes and well timed one liners. But elections do.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All I have to say is that you guys are real class acts.

Why can't you put the partisan BS away for a day and have respect for a former president of the United States. I don't like Bush but if he died I'd pay my due respects. Sorry that you disagree with his politics, but he was a president. And any president deserves some modicum of respect.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
All I have to say is that you guys are real class acts.

Never one to disappoint, another Reagen joke just for you.

Along the lines of the old philosophy joke...

"God is dead." ~Nietsche
"Nietsche is dead. ~God

"Ketchup is a vegetable." ~Reagen
Guess what Ketchup says now.

Everybody gets their money's worth in the Pit! Tip your waitresses and don't drink and drive.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
In my view it was Regan and Thatcher that sent the U.S and U.K down the road of this form of predatory capitalism we're on, the results of which we're just starting to reap.

DING DING DING!!! Give that man a prize!!

The same team that did the dirty in South America, resulting in hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths, learned everything they needed on Regan's payroll & have put it into practice in the Middle East.

HEADS UP FOR THE LATEST BUSH TEAM BACKFIRE:

Comparing Bush to Reagan. They will politicize it, as has already started, but it will backfire because article after article has already appeared drawing those comparrisons. The biggest glare I've seen ( and hope more will bring to light) is that Regan signed in a huge tax cut...Bush signed in a huge tax cut. Raygun, seeing the failure of over rosy estimation, followed up with consecutive tax increases. Bush, well..........he signed in more tax cuts!!!!

Ultra-Conservatism, Supply side economics & religious fundamentalism.....none survive the light of reason. * he says, donning his Ray-Bans*

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
and tax cuts are bad how?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
WHEEEEEEE!!!!!
LMMFAO!!!!
I cant stop laughing!!!! I dont care weather i agree or disagree with colonel...that was one of the ballsiest obituary ive read....Is Reagan cold yet? LOL.....OHH the tears....ha ha ha....geesh....

Zowie and unholy tung tortures Colonel....You slew that villan...
ohhh he was already dead....

HOO hoo WHEEEE...im giddy with laughter......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join