It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is everybody crying and whining about anyway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So, Reagan is dead. Boo-hoo. So the **** what. Who the **** cares. I never liked him anyway. He was just a tool. That's right I said it. HE WAS A TOOL. He never did anything really good for this country---unless you call throwing our economy into massive debt good. You know what I did when I heard that he died? I HAD A BEER AND DANCED! That's right. Here's more people that knew him for the jerk he was...

Ronald Reagan claimed that the Russian language had no word for "freedom." (The word is "svoboda "; it's quite well attested in Russian literature.) Ronald Reagan said that intercontinental ballistic missiles (not that there are any non-ballistic missiles�a corruption of language that isn't his fault) could be recalled once launched. Ronald Reagan said that he sought a "Star Wars" defense only in order to share the technology with the tyrants of the U.S.S.R. Ronald Reagan professed to be annoyed when people called it "Star Wars," even though he had ended his speech on the subject with the lame quip, "May the force be with you." Ronald Reagan used to alarm his Soviet counterparts by saying that surely they'd both unite against an invasion from Mars. Ronald Reagan used to alarm other constituencies by speaking freely about the "End Times" foreshadowed in the Bible. In the Oval Office, Ronald Reagan told Yitzhak Shamir and Simon Wiesenthal, on two separate occasions, that he himself had assisted personally at the liberation of the Nazi death camps.

There was more to Ronald Reagan than that. Reagan announced that apartheid South Africa had "stood beside us in every war we've ever fought," when the South African leadership had been on the other side in the most recent world war. Reagan allowed Alexander Haig to greenlight the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, fired him when that went too far and led to mayhem in Beirut, then ran away from Lebanon altogether when the Marine barracks were bombed, and then unbelievably accused Tip O'Neill and the Democrats of "scuttling." Reagan sold heavy weapons to the Iranian mullahs and lied about it, saying that all the weapons he hadn't sold them (and hadn't traded for hostages in any case) would, all the same, have fit on a small truck. Reagan then diverted the profits of this criminal trade to an illegal war in Nicaragua and lied unceasingly about that, too. Reagan then modestly let his underlings maintain that he was too dense to understand the connection between the two impeachable crimes. He then switched without any apparent strain to a policy of backing Saddam Hussein against Iran. (If Margaret Thatcher's intelligence services had not bugged Oliver North in London and become infuriated because all European nations were boycotting Iran at Reagan's request, we might still not know about this.)

slate.msn.com...

Ronald Reagan was a conman. Reagan was a coward. Reagan was a killer.
I remember Nancy, a skull and crossbones prancing around in designer dresses, some of the "gifts" that flowed to the Reagans -- from hats to million-dollar homes -- from cronies well compensated with government loot. It used to be called bribery.

And all the while, Grandpa grinned, the grandfather who bleated on about "family values" but didn't bother to see his own grandchildren.

The New York Times today, in its canned obit, wrote that Reagan projected, "faith in small town America" and "old-time values." "Values" my ass. It was union busting and a declaration of war on the poor and anyone who couldn't buy designer dresses. It was the New Meanness, bringing starvation back to America so that every millionaire could get another million.
www.axisoflogic.com...

Ronald Reagan is going to be tributed with being the great optimist who took America forward. For whom? For what?

Reagan, for those who forget, was the President who gave "aid and comfort" to many repressive regimes throughout the world -- especially Saddam Hussein. During the early and mid 1980s, Hussein was gassing the Iranians and his Kurdish citizens, while Donald Rumsfeld (remember him?) was Reagan's special envoy to Iraq. Did he tell Saddam to "cease and desist"? Or did he travel there to offer more military and economic aid? You connect the dots. And where did Saddam get most of his biological weaponry? Through "Uncle Ronnie's" free market US companies, that's where. Many Iraqi democratic activists were either jailed or executed by the Hussein regime, and Reagan did absolutely nothing!

www.dissidentvoice.org...

Ya see. I'm happy because this tool is probably burning in hell now with the rest of his brothers of Cain. Just where all the rest of the repugnants go. So, he's in good company. You don't like this? I don't give a #. But, I'm tired of turning on the TV to see the dolt revered like some Saint of God and Bush is now his brother missionary. Yeah, The Brothers Retard. See, Gimp!

Or is that Gipper?

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Colonel]

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
You know what I did when I heard that he died? I HAD A BEER AND DANCED!

I hope you at least poured some on the concrete for the fallen Cowboy.

After all, Reagen died with his diapers on.

I hated the guy too, but all I hate now is the non-stop frailing TV coverage. It's like a month long Irish wake. Enough already.

MAKE IT STOP!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Have to say I agree Colonel. In my view it was Regan and Thatcher that sent the U.S and U.K down the road of this form of predatory capitalism we're on, the results of which we're just starting to reap.

"We live in a world where good men are murdered and mediocre hacks thrive. John Kennedy murdered. Gandhi murdered. Martin Luther King murdered. Reagan wounded."

-Bill Hicks

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Jesus Christ Colonel

You went all out on this one.

Damn.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Its time to tell the truth about the crypt keeper instead fo the crap we see on TV. I wish it was an open casket. At least we would know what the undead looked like.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Damn, Colonel, you've outdone yourself.
Can't say I agree with you on a most of this stuff, but damn, you do make a great case.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Seriously, let's all remember Reagan fondly for his achievements. Hey, wasn't he in a movie with a young Dubya? "Bedtime for Bonzo?"

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Isn't that just like the typical modern liberal.

You know what I did when I heard that he died? I HAD A BEER AND DANCED! That's right. Here's more people that knew him for the jerk he was...

The party of inclusion amd caring.

Text hope you at least poured some on the concrete for the fallen Cowboy. After all, Reagen died with his diapers on.

Dancing at someones death. Laughing at people with Alzheimers.

A fellow that lives near me was killed in a car accident the other day. I beleive him to have been a registered republican, pehaps you would like to celebrate that too.

A woman here in the town where I live accidently backed over her two year old daughter in their driveway last month. They are a religious conservative family. That one should be worth a whole six pack huh Colonel? Now that little girl can't breed more repugnats!

A few years ago here the state of Utah put to death a man that raped and murdered a young woman (they shot her and made her drink Drano) and many good libs stood outside the prison to protest. I'm sure that death outraged you huh Colonel. Killing that poor murderer. Bet you didn't have a beer for that one.

I love the political debates on this board. It is truly enjoyable to debate with people no matter what their views. However threads like this show the true colors of some of the members, and it really isn't very pretty.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No, I don't laugh at people with Alzheimer's. I party on Reagan's deathbed! This has nothing to do with other people. This has ALL to do with a cowardly killer who did a movie with a monkey. The monkey's real name was Dubya, wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
you could make similar cases about every leader from the cold war, out of all from that era he was one of the better ones, so really get over it and quit bickering about this or that when you werent in his position and no other leader since him colonel, claim all you want but what would you or me or anyone know about being a leader in the cold war?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
you could make similar cases about every leader from the cold war, out of all from that era he was one of the better ones, so really get over it and quit bickering about this or that when you werent in his position and no other leader since him colonel, claim all you want but what would you or me or anyone know about being a leader in the cold war?

HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT SPEND US INTO THE MASSIVE DEBT! The Soviet Union was falling anyway b/c their economic structure couldn't support their empire. Why do you think China changed? Remember "Communism with capitlaistic characteristics?" They learned fom the fall of the Soviet Union. Reagan did nothing but drool.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT SPEND US INTO THE MASSIVE DEBT! The Soviet Union was falling anyway b/c their economic structure couldn't support their empire. Why do you think China changed? Remember "Communism with capitlaistic characteristics?" They learned fom the fall of the Soviet Union. Reagan did nothing but drool.

you werent in his position, use all the facts you want but you dont know what made him do what he did, you dont know what you'd do.

china was changing before the USSR fell, they saw its fall coming long before it came and realised that system was failing.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
how did colonel out do himself? Other than the first paragraph, which contains no substance, at all, he pasted crap from 3 links

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I disagreed with alot of Reagan's politics as well, but you could show once ounce of class and wait until the casket is in the ground.

But I guess there is no word in the Colonel's lanquage for "couth."

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I disagreed with alot of Reagan's politics as well, but you could show once ounce of class and wait until the casket is in the ground.

But I guess there is no word in the Colonel's lanquage for "couth."

I don't know about Colonel, but I think I've shown great restraint in not making this my avatar...

As for substance, I think we could come up with a list 10 times longer than Colonel's about things that sucked about the Bush/Reagen Presidency (reversed on purpose)...but I realize there's no point. The dead are infallible.

But the sheer pleasure of finding one thread, on one outlet that's not falling all over itself to paint the guy as a freaking genuis in a non-stop marathon of idolatry is refreshing as hell.

If anyone can't handle it, I'm sure there's a special on TV aimed at you right now that will be looped for the next month. Enjoy it. And let the disenfranchised blow off a little steam, okay?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Colonel, my hat's off.

You make a great case, about a not so great man. I can tell you that is the stuff that will be written in the history books about Ronny if I could have my way.

~Astral

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sheesh, I guess the old dog is back.

Same old Colonel. Same old posts.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh please, you'd be leaking like crazy if Clinton died.....or worse yet, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton....

Man, beating a dead man...that's a new low....*sigh*

[Edited on 7-6-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I simply do not know why everyone is giving colonel props here. He's recycled 3 links which bash Reagan and mentioned something about 'spending into debt'. (and to hear someone left of center complain about spending is just so funny to begin with)

yeah, great stuff Colonel. Great stuff.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Seriously, let's all remember Reagan fondly for his achievements. Hey, wasn't he in a movie with a young Dubya? "Bedtime for Bonzo?"

I thought it was Micheal Jackson

Yes, you have really outdone yourself this time. Points well taken.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join