It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

negative star and false flags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hi all,

As usual I'm fed up with some posts and threads here on ATS that I would like to discribe with my own name. I don't want to eleborate on which threads or posts, it is the freedom of others to post them.

So my guess is that there are more people being fed up with some post or threads. Now is replying to a post, or posting in a thread giving attention that I don't want to give. So my question is can't ATS introduce negative stars, like thumbs down and false flags or deflagged just to show how many people are sick of it.

As for now we can only positivly support a thread, but if we want to be in balance we should be able to express our negativity without derailing a thread.

Thank you

Edited in the h thnks to 2nd poster

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If i could negative star this thread, i would.

Search function, helps you to recognise or find whats been brought to our attention previously. In this case, you could add your case to the ongoing threads reguarding this.

Think of itl ike a petition, not so much a rant.

Or..

See a thread you dont like....move on.

Have a good day wanna be Mod!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Why did you choose DUMBASS as your username? The correct spelling is "THREAD" not "TREAD" btw

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

like I said I don't want to spent a lot of time on it. So why search if you can't find it immediatly. On ATS there will always be someone to show you, in this case you.

But eey, I know, ATS is just another group with its own workingmechanism, as usual im partly addapted for now.

reply to post by rajaten

I have chosen dumbass, to hide behind a concept we can project on a lot of people.
It is part of recognizing truth. LOL. I will explain a little more in my introduction but I haven't got the time to finish it yet.

And spelling mistakes I'm sorry english is not my native language

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
No.

This has been discussed many times here at ATS and the staff along with most of the membership decided to not focus on the negative.

We focus on the positive. If you don't like the threads you see then don't flag, star or reply to them.

They will go away.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The irony in that statement is amazing.

"We focus on the positive".

Yeah, like illegals ruining America, Earthquake rainbow clouds, no one doing a thing about toxic water in NJ, and large oil spills.

I think that negative stars and false flags are a good idea. The latter especially because it's a great pun.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Ok, so I agree it's a great pun.

Focusing on the positive, you understand what I mean, from the flag and star standpoint, not the discussion.

I just don't think we should start encouraging people to bash threads or give them a tool to do so.

Can you imagine? Then we'd have to have a whole section of the site dedicated to crap content. ATS would become a joke.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's pretty much already that way as is, but I guess that it's inevitable that stuff like this happens when there are strongly contrasting opinions. I can't exactly say I'm doing much to make things better, though, mainly because I can't make a good thread to save my life and I can't even win an argument with my own breakfast.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There is to many different opinions on this forum. Negative stars and flags will just mess up getting the important threads to be recognized.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

It's a terrible idea. Can you imagine the unpleasant experience many members would have as they get battered with negatives? It'd profoundly stifle debate.

I'm considered a skeptic in some forums and would be hammered with the negatives. Half of my 'sharp friends' would be too. Skeptics and independents have feelings too...sniff...

ATS would disintegrate under such a concept. Fortunately, the site owners and mods have more sense than to bring this wacky idea to the site! Whoohah!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This has been discussed a zillion times in this forum.
Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join