It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights group: US exiled man for converting to Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

A Muslim civil rights group on Friday accused the US government of forcing an American citizen into "exile" because he was an Islamic convert.

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said Raymond Earl Knaeble IV, 29, had been placed on a no-fly list and had been unable to return home from Colombia since March.

The group's claim could not be independently confirmed and the Department of Justice did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

According to CAIR, Knaeble this week flew to Mexico in hope of travelling to the Mexican-US border, but he instead faced lengthy interrogation by Mexican officials before being sent back to Colombia.

"He was stopped by Mexican authorities as he got off the plane and asked, 'Are you Muslim?' He was then detained for 15 hours and asked many questions relating to his faith," according to CAIR.

rawstory.com...

I really want to hear how this turns out. If we will ever hear the truth. This man is an American citizen. There is nothing here to show much less prove that he has ever done or had intentions of doing anything to his country. And by the way this reads, he was placed on the no fly list after he left the country after converting to Islam.

Last time I checked, Colombia isn't a hot spot for radical Islamic training camps either. He can't even get back into Mexico to try to sneak back in through Arizona either.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The American behavior is changing, slowly, you will see history repeat itself very soon, don't worry.

And just to reduce confusion, it is not changing for the good, it is becoming more radical like the NAZIS

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The title of this OP is misleading. There is no proof that the man was denied re-entry into the US because he converted to Islam. That is nothing more than hysterical baloney.

Now maybe the guy was involved with some Islamo-Fascists while out of country. In that case, we don't want him back.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

If that isn't the reason he was placed on a no fly list after converting, then what is, since he appears to be a law abiding citizen.

Furthermore, if you are a cititzen of a country, even as a criminal no one can prevent you returning, in fact usually they want to charge you if you do.

Do you not see a problem with this, either way?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
There are many questions as to why this person was placed on the no fly list. In the article he flew to Columbia, the question would be as to what was his business and did he travel anywhere else while he was in South America like say Venseula. It is not that he converted to Islam that got him put on the no fly list, but rather it is his actions and his associations that would do that.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
can`t he get back useing some other type of transport?
i`m just asking

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And this thread got 2 flags, 3 stars, and 5 replies. Thanks to ATS, deny ignorance guys..

Lame..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If that isn't the reason he was placed on a no fly list after converting, then what is, since he appears to be a law abiding citizen.

First you'll have to prove that he was placed on the list BECAUSE he converted. Nobody has proved that yet.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I just used the title from the article. I agree that it could be considered misleading if it is wrong, but can't everything?
I would like to find out what else, if anything is involved here, because I'm not sure we are hearing the whole story.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Well this is only from the 'raw story' website, we don't have any more credible sources to go by like AP or Reuters. In anycase I agree it is unfair, unconstitutional and unjust and I further agree with what another member said here, that the lack of response to this thread in comparison to others is astounding. If you got an article from WND/newsmax/the examiner on a tea party protester being put on a no fly list based on what mr joe stack did to an IRS building months before, you would have an outcry of members on this thread. But we all know which way this forum has gone over the last few years so I cannot say Im surprised.

If it is confirmed that this man was held on the no-fly list merely over his religion I hope he sues the somebody or government body. Somebody should be held accountable for this unjust action.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hell I don't see a problem. His only problem is, he is too dumb to hop the border with the rest of the illegals.

And at this from the OP.

Mexican Authorities asked

Are you Muslim

What kind of question is that? The ACLU should march straight into Mexico over that one.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think that something is missing from this story...

join