It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undocumented student's arrest called part of 'civil rights disaster'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Good, I see no reason for a life to be wasted.

And great to hear about your brother-in-law

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I purposely focused on this one case, because I have no answer for that

I definitely understand the danger that if one is given amnesty, more will try. Not sure how to answer.

I also absolutely understand what you are saying about legal immigrants. I work with immigrants (legal) and international students (some of whom immigrate); it sucks that they go through so much to stay and others sneak in.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Ah but then what type of a message does that send to the millions more waiting to get in? Hey break the law coming in, but if you keep your nose clean, you can stay and its all good? Thats not how it works in other countries.

And I am sure that if this were Mexico and the girl was from Nicaragua or Guatemalan, she'd be jailed, fined heavily and deported real quick without a second thought.

I'm sure there are many that do good things, are somewhat contributing to our society, and havent done anything really wrong, aside from entering illegally and stealing someones identity, name, falsifying documents, etc but if you look all past that, they are good people. (Gee I wonder if I could get away with all that? Probably not cause I'm a white male.) What are the penalties for stealing someone's identity or SS#, and falsifying documents? I dont think they are just minor slaps on the wrist (at least not for US citizens). So why arent the illegals getting heavily smacked down for breaking such laws? Why are they being "allowed" to get away with it, and no one can crackdown on them? I think its these damn safehaven laws that some cities have (like LA, Chicago,). Again, our elected officials aiding and abetting KNOWN CRIMINALS

[edit on 5/17/2010 by GenRadek]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
For 7 years now I have been trying to move to the US legally. But since I'm an European citizen with a college degree, I have almost no change. My best bet is the Diversity Lottery the US State Department organizes ones a year. But just 50.000 visa are available worldwide. That's right, a lottery.

Why not just try to find a job in the US? Well, there's a limited number of employment based visa available as well. And the employer has to file for it, pay for it and then there is a good change I won't get the visa. Why would they do that?

Or I could come as an investor? All I need is about $1million and provide employment for 5 US citizens.

I should have just stayed in the US illegally after my first visit in

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

If you have a degree, that is great. If it's in a field in demand, you should have a good chance. Have you actually tried looking for work in the US?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I don't disagree. I am just looking at this one case, and I see merit in the girl. Your concerns are valid, however at the moment I do not have an answer.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

This is a tough case. I do pity this girl, because she was taken with her parents, having no choice. Yes, she is illegal. Yes, she is committing a crime. But what should be done? If she is deported to a country she has no connection to, she may very well try to re-enter the US to get back to the only life she knows. Why not let her finish her school, since she is almost done anyway, give her a work visa, and fine her? If she did indeed use grant money to go to college, make her pay back every penny.
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The problem with her doing this now, is that after 18 she has broken new laws. She may be told at the very least that she cannot return to the US for 3 yrs. She is now guilty of unlawful entry, even though her parents brought her here, after she turned 18 she was her own adult and knew she was illegal.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Wow! That's the nastiest vibe I ever got from reading a post. I actually felt your hate.

Would I sleep better at night if minor illegals were turning their adult illegal parents in? Your darn skippy. The idea they are being found is comforting. The idea that a child would rather do the right thing is inspiring.

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable with the idea that we don't want to keep taking your undesirables and you might be getting them back. I'm sorry your uncomfortable with the idea of a nation having borders, defending them and enforcing laws.

No, I will not let my country be turned into yours.

edit to add: I think it's funny how you can blaspheme in one line and invoke the lord in another. Isn't that a little hypocritical?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Your anger and hate come through your words thouroughly. Is this anger because you feel that it is unfair to ask for accountabilty? That does not equal racism. To tell you that you can come here, and live here, but only if you make yourself accountable here, is not racist.

I agree that a program to turn in the parents is not a good idea, mainly because that would leave a child without parents. That doesn't really help the problem, only compounds it.

This country does not tell you that you cannot come here. You can. They will allow you to come here and work, or come here and live. They will even allow dual citizenship, but you have to abide the rules and regulations to do so.

Again, I ask what do you see as the answer, a way to get people to apply legally instead of illegally coming into a country?

Mexico asks this :

To enter Mexico, you will need either a valid passport or your original birth certificate along with a valid photo ID such as a drivers license. Citizens other than U.S. or Canadian may have other requirements such as a visa. Please contact a Mexican consulate or embassy near you.

Do you see that the United States is not wrong for enacting laws of thier own to protect itself and have accountabiltity for all it's citizen's?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Who knew you would have enough hate to infuse into TWO post! Keep an eye on that blood pressure.

I like how you so succinctly run down your family history, as if somehow that gives you credibility, or virtue and accomplishment of your own.

We here IN AMERICA are having to contend with the government corruption, globalist, the illegal invasion, the global corporations, etc. You complain because you want the US to be exactly like Mexico. I guess misery wants company.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Wow! That's the nastiest vibe I ever got from reading a post. I actually felt your hate.

Hate? No.

I just want you to stop thinking like a communist. I want you to realise the hate you are accumulating in your heart toward people who have nothing but walked right through the door you have left open.

You would stoop as low as to train children, entice them with rewards to get them to commit treason against their own blood and then have these children become pert of your country.

That's really a crazy thing to do and to say.

Would I sleep better at night if minor illegals were turning their adult illegal parents in? Your darn skippy. The idea they are being found is comforting. The idea that a child would rather do the right thing is inspiring.

The right thing?

Dude people don't like me on this site a lot of people don't. but it's because I say things that piss them off, I call them names and talk bad about America. I can understand why they don't like me.

But you, you with your words will do more damage than any slander i could toss out about America.

I just try to get people mad so they will listen, you actually believe in the sick communist ideas you talk about.

That's not good for anyone.

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable with the idea that we don't want to keep taking your undesirables and you might be getting them back. I'm sorry your uncomfortable with the idea of a nation having borders, defending them and enforcing laws.

The only thing I'm uncomfortable with is your lack of common sense and the ignorance of your moral ineptitude.

North Korea has laws and a border, Nazi Germany WW II had laws and a border but the problem with these countries was not the fact that they had laws and a border it was the lack of common sense and moral decency of it's people. Nazi Germany at it's time and NK now.

You are like these people. Rotten to the core.

No, I will not let my country be turned into yours.

The US will never be like Mexico but it all ready is a broke poor busted up country. Preventing that, well that boat has all ready sailed. Only difference is your still stuck with all those laws and hopefully you guys soon erect that big wall of China.

edit to add: I think it's funny how you can blaspheme in one line and invoke the lord in another. Isn't that a little hypocritical?

And i think hearing this come from a communist atheist is funny.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Who knew you would have enough hate to infuse into TWO post! Keep an eye on that blood pressure.

Hate is best represented in the blind drive a mans heart will evoke to see the torture and corruption of a young child's life. to offer a child the opportunity to turn his own parents in to the law so they can become a citizen. You wish this and show no reasonable doubt that you truly believe this will help your county and by doing so you willfully lower moral integrity of your own country willingly. THAT IS HATE.

What I have is a sinking feeling in the pit of each and every one of my bowels when I read such things coming from a creature who dares call himself an American. that sickening feeling compels me to anger but i use this anger to try to help the creature see the folly of his ways.

And like a plumber swimming in human feces to fix a broken pipe, even if it's in vain, it must be done by some one.

I like how you so succinctly run down your family history, as if somehow that gives you credibility, or virtue and accomplishment of your own.

You're right have have no place talking like that, I am ashamed for doing it.

But seriously dude think about what you are saying.

We here IN AMERICA are having to contend with the government corruption, globalist, the illegal invasion, the global corporations, etc. You complain because you want the US to be exactly like Mexico. I guess misery wants company.

No.

I just want Americans to use their heads. Taking your hatred out on pawns only hurts you.

The US no matter how bad things get, even if they get worse than Mexico will never be like Mexico.

VIVA MEXICO!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

First of all the only person i'm calling a racist is the Self proclaimed Racist that has his own "I am a racist because of Mexicans" thread. Wolf234 or whatever.

But before we start looking at solutions let's look at some of the reasons why America had an illegal immigration problem.

1.) Aging population.

Elderly Will Soon Outnumber Young for First Time

America along with other first world counties are facing a major crises as their elderly will soon outnumber their young.

As a solution your government has done this....

Minority Babies May Outnumber White Babies In America...

2.) Global economic competition...

Compared to the lower wages payed in countries like china and India America and countries like Briton can not compete on global economic level.

As a solution your government has..

Your country is currently involved in a mass scale credit rating fraud. America is lowering it's credit rating, forcing it's citizens into a depression, flooding it with cheap labor until it equals out with more competitive countries.

3.) The lack of easily manageable ways of not hiring illegals. Benefits to illegals. And the robing of Americans to give it's wealth to illegals.

No job, no illegals. Every other country poor and rich that does not want illegals simply to force companies ask for proof of legally being sable to work.

Solution of your government.

Turning a blind eye to the number 1 cause of illegal immigration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here are my solutions.

1.)Take your country back out of the hands of Globalist IMF organised crime.

2.) GET IN THAT BEDROOM AND START POOPING OUT BABIES!!!!

3.) Pass laws that will severely punish companies that do not ask for proof as in Work visa or Birth certificate or naturalization card to work in the USA.

It's that God Damn simple.

But will people do this...no!

they would rather see people get hurt and exploited.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

And the United States will never be like Mexico either Izareth. Every country has it's own alure. It's people, it's cultures, even it's crime is unique.

This is beside the point of minor illegal immigration. The US gov has already established that a minor child brought here is an illegal alien, but that same minor child may become a citizen, the rules are easily obtainable, easier and cheaper than getting smuggled in. The same would be true in Mexico. What do you think Mexico would do with an american illegal?

I cannot come to Mexico without permission, and I abide by that rule. I am not rich, but if I can afford to get to Mexico and plan to live there I will make sure before I go, that I am legally ready for the transfer.

I have talked with many immigrants, I have been told of thousands paid to be brought in. One fellow told of his brother dying inside a fake gas tank they were stuffed into, they paid 5000.00 each to be inside that tank and ride over the border. It would cost substaintially less to come here legally, and you don't have to risk life and limb to do it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
To say that this young woman should be allowed to stay in the United States and complete her degree is the same thing as saying that an embezzler should be allowed to keep what they have stolen and be promoted on top of it.
She was more than old enough to know that she was breaking the law- by being here, by fraudulently obtaining grants to attend college, by driving without a license and not having liability insurance. On just how MANY counts DID she break the law, over & over again?

She should be the poster child for why illegals should be deported at once because they have no respect for the law and no respect for the United States & the citizens here. It is that much worse that she applied herself to her studies. She certainly can't feign stupidity.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Every job I have ever had I have had to show and give copies of my proof, you are required to provide proof in two forms, and they are sent to the gov for your federal tax information to be accounted, also social securty, medicade, and state taxes are derived from this process.

What we see are illegals working in plants, construction, restraunts, and not just low wage jobs, most of the plants pay very well, and they do get identification at hire, but if an illegal is giving fake information, fake ID's, ect, it appears they are legal. Now at this point it would be RACIST to stop and say 'are these legal or fake', no it is accepted as real. But most of them are fake. That is deception. Not the US government's fault.

You sound as though you are saying 'Stop making the US so appealling to Mexicans and they will stop coming', the US is made of immigrants, the US does not want immigrants to stop coming, it doesn't want to say we have enough people, what it wants is for you to come here legally, pay into your tax account your medicare account your social security, ect and don't throw the cost of all that onto every other American.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

You know it's funny but every time you make a post about illegal immigrants I by coincidence have myself yet another Yummy Nummy x-fluffy doggy Taco.

Seriously you need to come down to Mexico and try one, they are so good that i guarantee you you will be wearing that dog in your avatar's fir has a nice mew hat!

Whats his mane BTW because I'm tired of saying taco every time I munch on dog meat.

Don't get me wrong I only eat Illegal immigrant dogs tho, they are the fluffiest.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Those are my solutions. You asked I gave.

If you do not employ them, i'm so sorry to say that it will mean the extinction of the white race when it comes to America.

If the documentation that is currently asked for employment is not adequate in catching illegals you need to create a Legal Employment card with state of the art anti-fake crap.

But I know that you will wither away into extinction instead. Fine by me.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join