It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Religious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What purpose do the gas giant planets serve?

I know that Jupiter sometimes shields us from asteroids and comets but that's about it.

Also, if God is so mighty and powerful why did he have to create the Sun? Can he not support the life he created without the aide of an incandescent ball of superheated plasma?

Another thing, what makes you so confidence that the God you worship is the "one true god"?

Why can't it be the God that the Alpha Centurians worship? Or the one the Andromedans worship?

This thread is not meant to attack anyone's beliefs, but those are a few questions that I have been asking myself for a few weeks now and I would like to hear from you all.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

This thread is not meant to attack anyone's beliefs, but those are a few questions that I have been asking myself for a few weeks now and I would like to hear from you all.

You may not be trying to attack anyone but I fail to see the conspiracy in religion here ?

This is more of a general religion question , no ?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I think you're right...maybe the mods can move it to the proper forum

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am going to give you a very "unconventional" reply here.

I believe that we are here to learn. Learn what it is to feel love, pain, mortality, fear, joy.... to really learn "right and wrong" and know what it means to "do unto others".

Life here is "Training Day".

The "watchers" failed. They were supposed to be the caretakers and instead decided to abandon their duties, teach man warfare, and breed super-human offspring. They did not care if they caused pain and suffering because they did not know what it was. They did not feel. To them, we were the "units" in a computer war game.

Very similar.... Do you care if you "kill" and "maim" in a computer game? Do you care about the creatures in a game? No, because they are nothing to us. Objects to "entertain" our desires.... very similar concept to what happened with the watchers except they were the "non corporeal" spirits or photons and Earth was the "meat puppets".

The Watchers caused devastation and set themselves up as "the gods". This is not the first time Angels have failed in their task as "caretakers".

So now, WE get to experience being the "meat puppets" that we are supposed to learn to take care of. This is "training". To teach us what it is to feel, fear, and wonder and if and when we have "learned" what God has deemed necessary, then we my become the caretakers of creation in another universe, realm, galaxy, whatever.

I do not completely agree with everything on this site, but it will make you think. Please review this, great reading, you will be interested if you spend a few minutes. I am not sure if we reincarnate to continue to learn or if we failed or not. We may only have one shot... I don't know.

reluctant-messenger.com...

Christ is the key. As I am explaining our purpose, so I believe was the purpose of Jesus. God in flesh with limitations to "understand" his creation. No other religion has God actually giving a damn enough to "die for MY salvation". I cannot believe evolution has just happened like this. To much does not make sense.

Why would humans all over the globe supposedly separated for 1000's of years suddenly ALL gather in places and build freeking gigantic Monolithic structures with stones weighing 1000's of pounds? Why? ..... because the Watchers set themselves up as mythos gods all over the world and taught them and told them to do it. Our Moon makes no sense. It is to large, doesn't rotate correctly and it seems life wouldn't even exist without it. Insects make no sense, especially the "abilities" that they have, almost as if a group of people were playing "spore" and creating & designing defenses, counter defenses and offensive weapons for strategy gaming. Insects are the ultimate "Gladiators".

Anyway, people wonder why God allows suffering and injustice in the world. Now you know why (or so I believe). It is a learning experience and in the "grand scheme" of things is not so bad. When you return to your spirit self or "soul", this experience you will remember but to you it will be like your "character" living in a video game. The lesson is to understand that the "people" in that game are important and now YOU know what it is like to "be" one of the "creation". Hopefully you will earn the right to be a "caretaker" or "creator" for God in another time and place. Hopefully we can learn to love creation instead of trying to make it entertain us, serve us, fear us, etc. Hopefully we can learn enough to understand fear, suffering, and pain and NOT inflict it upon creation if you earn the right or position.

It is not about going to church, socializing, etc. It is about "understanding" mortal life. Learning, caring, loving, etc. I believe Jesus changed God's understanding or his own creation and was the better for it. Jesus has shown us the way but few will truly listen and seperate themselves from their selfish ways an "wants". The Watchers "wanted" to much and defied God's orders and caused the near destruction of the Earth. Lucifer before them may have obliterated the planet to a lifeless husk.

Does this make any sense to you? Does the purpose for being here make sense? To learn, to obey God's laws for the better good. To learn to not be a selfish self serving destroyer. To learn what it is to be the "created flesh" and NOT abuse and hurt them.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Also, if God is so mighty and powerful why did he have to create the Sun? Can he not support the life he created without the aide of an incandescent ball of superheated plasma?

Why not? What's wrong with the sun? Do you really look at something over a million times larger than Earth that is one continuous nuclear explosion, expected to last for 14 billion years and think, "weak"?

As to the question about our worship of our God versus the God non-Earth dwelling people worship, why do you assume they're different? If God created all the universe, why is there an expectation that the God making Himself known to us is different than the God making Himself known to the race of sentient creatures you assume are in the Andromeda galaxy?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

What purpose do the gas giant planets serve?

I know that Jupiter sometimes shields us from asteroids and comets but that's about it.

You answered your own question.

Another thing, what makes you so confidence that the God you worship is the "one true god"?

Because no other religion has a savior for humanity. Jesus Christ is the only Savior and he is what defines Christianity. Granted, most people don't follow his teachings but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is the one, true Savior.

Buddha didn't rise from the dead, nor did Confucius or Zoroaster. Muhammad didn't fulfill detailed prophecy. Alexander the Great didn't raise the dead or heal the sick. And though there is far less reliable information written about them, they are believed in.

Islam gives lip service to the Bible as a holy book (namely the Old Testament), but it undermines and denies every fundamental doctrine about sin and salvation taught in the Bible. One example is committing suicide. The Bible clearly says if you kill yourself, you condemn yourself to Hell.

Judaism doesn't accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah.

Why can't it be the God that the Alpha Centurians worship? Or the one the Andromedans worship?

This implies there are aliens on other planets and in other star systems. This hasn't been proven true, despite the fact it's logical. If you find life in the Andromeda Galaxy, which is a reach considering it's distance, then the Bible has no credibility since it says Earth is the only place to have life.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by novastrike81
The Bible clearly says if you kill yourself, you condemn yourself to Hell.

Can you by chance, cite a reference where that's clearly stated?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Sorry, I apologize, I didn't research the topic thoroughly before I made the assumption the Bible states suicide condemns one to Hell. That's what I've been told by Pastors and what not.

Suicide is mentioned 7 times in the Bible but it doesn't really say what happens to the soul after the action is done. Some points to consider why it's assumed suicide sends the soul to Hell are:

- It violates the Ten Commandments.

- Life is a gift from God.

- Suicide is an expression of self-hatred, and the Bible says we are to "love our neighbors as ourselves."

- Suicide usurps the power that belongs only to God.

- A person who commits suicide short-circuits God's will for his or her life.

- It is an expression of lack of faith. Philippians 4:19 states, "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." This applies to financial needs and emotional and physical needs.

- Suicide is an act of selfishness.

- It hurts the cause of Christ.

If one is saved and accepts Jesus Christ and then takes their life just to get into heaven faster it seems quite pointless to live life then. That's why it just seems logical that if one does such an act they go to Hell. Is it true? No one knows except for God. I don't want to take the risk and no one else should either. Don't use a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

Again, just one point for why Islam can't be a true religion if it condones suicide.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I completely understand where you're coming from, and those are some very good points. I do want to draw some attention to some aspects that at one time when I was investigating the whole suicide issue didn't immediately come to me.

- It violates the Ten Commandments.

Indeed -- you are murdering someone. Is murder unforgivable? Nope. Bible says it can be forgiven. However, if you haven't repented of it, which, when you kill your self (if it's instant) you can't do, does God forgive you? He does, as you've forgiven others. So if you've sought God's heart in your reaction to others' sin or perceived sin against you (we, in our fallen condition, cannot, it seems, become perfectly like Christ, but seeking to be like Him causes Him to meet us, and forgiveness is the same way), then your sin is covered by Christ's blood.

- Suicide usurps the power that belongs only to God.

One could make a case that any sin does exactly that. One could also make a case that God is pretty well aware of the worst things you could possibly do and has planned around that. When God says something's going to happen, it's going to happen, no matter what you do. You don't have the power to subvert God's will.

- A person who commits suicide short-circuits God's will for his or her life.

And yet, God knew you could and did do that, and has said that He will use all (emphasis mine) things for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28), which, since the Bible says it, must mean that that includes your sin, as hard as that is to fathom.

- It is an expression of lack of faith. Philippians 4:19 states, "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." This applies to financial needs and emotional and physical needs.

As is so much else, yet God honored the man who said, "I believe, help my unbelief". God knows our faith is not complete, and He seeks to refine us. Yet, He knows we sin, and every sin, no matter how small we consider it, is a lack of faith. Christ's blood covers that.

- Suicide is an act of selfishness.

Indeed it is. So are theft, envy, hatred, and lust. Yet, those are not so selfish Christ's blood cannot cover them.

- It hurts the cause of Christ.

Does it? See Romans 8:28. Have you ever been confronted by a sin someone committed and its repercussions turned you away from a smaller sin of your own? Have you ever sinned yourself and the results pushed you closer into Christ?

If God's Word is true, and He said that He uses all things for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to the purpose of His will, we have to assume that He uses all things, not just most things, for the good of those who love Him. Our sin doesn't help Him by any means, and it does grieve Him. It seems, at least from my interpretation of scripture, it could hinder His timing, but He's going to use it, and He's going to use it well.

There was a man who did great evil in the eyes of the Jews as well as the Romans. His name has been lost to history, but the hatred expressed toward him never will. He was a thief, he went against God, he had little or no faith. He was killed for that. Yet nailed there on the cross next to Jesus, he asked Christ to remember him. How many people have been saved from death through those last words of faith by a man we know nothing about except that he was a thief.

God's will be done, no matter how much we seek to hinder it through our rebellion, be that hatred, sectarianism, theft, adultery, or self murder. His will will be done.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
JJ.. Suicide is evil and it's self murder plain and simple. The Church has always taught those souls go to hell.

You can't go to confession directly after giving up in life and killing yourself.

OP.

The Sun is an act of Gods will. We have nearly the perfect temperature here. So why have we not roasted or frozen to death as a planet as a whole? The chances of us being in the perfect spot is impossible nearly.

So the conclusion is that Christ made the Sun so man when they have reached the point of scientific studies could study it's ways instead of realizing that it was held up by a supernatural mean. Doing this God kept the test of faith intact IMO..

And he uses the Sun for day and night and changes in seasons he wants us to experience.

But he wants us to have strong faith without the obvious. I can't explain that.

As for us believeing in Christ.

Well 1,000s of saints seen him face to facxe. Padre Pio a catholic priest had the stigmata for 50 strait years. tested by doctors weekly and they said he should of died within days.

My grandmother seen Christ during prayer. So it's not just throw your apples in a basket of guessing.

Other than that fact. Those other religions you mentioned are fables. They didn't start with the religion of abraham which has spread through the entire world.

the largest body of God believers in the world are that of the abrahamic faith. This is a fact.

Which means those other faiths died off because their religion didn't bear fruit. It was a fable that didn't experience countless miracles through the ages and have messiah come to this planet who was prophecied 100s of years before hand.

If God doesn't reveal himself to his people, than we are in the dark. It's common sense for a God to leave his story in a book and visit his people in the flesh.

sorry if I missed some questions.

peace! Bless you.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

JJ.. Suicide is evil and it's self murder plain and simple.

Sin is evil. Any sin. All sin. You and I have both sinned in ways neither of us is aware of, because sin is going against the will of God. In this fallen world, we are incapable of perfectly following God's will. Yes, the Bible teaches we are being conformed into the likeness of Christ daily, but Paul, too, asked why he did the things he did not want to do and attributed it to his fallen nature.

Why would this one sin be the one, though the Bible doesn't say it is, that God says, "Wow, you were doing a really great job, but then really dropped the ball there. Happy Hell to you, my Grace ain't sufficient for that..."

So, yeah, we agree it's sin. We disagree, though, in believing that it is the one unforgivable sin.

new topics

top topics

join