It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Voyager 2 transmission be from aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.wbbm780.com...

- Could it be the voice of E.T.?

NASA scientists are puzzling over an abrupt change in what they're hearing from Voyager 2, the space probe launched more than 30 years ago.

It's traveled more than 8 billion miles toward the edge of the solar system. Chief scientist Ed Stone says Voyager has suddenly begun sending back data NASA computers can't decipher.

Here's what it sounds like CLICK HERE

Scientists think it's a simple glitch in the computer. UFO buffs are hoping it could be a signal from life on planets far away.

NASA will keep listening.

Voyager was launched in 1977.

More information from NASA:

May 6, 2010: On 22 April 2010 the DSN achieved a nominal carrier and subcarrier acquisition but was unable to frame-sync Voyager 2 telemetry in the routine cruise science/engineering data mode. We commanded to the 40 bps engineering-only data mode by real-time command, achieved frame-sync and found no spacecraft alarm conditions. So far, the only anomalous indication is an incorrect checksum from the Flight Data System (FDS) memory flight software region. We should learn more after we receive and analyze a full FDS memory readout. MORE

Click here,

www.wbbm780.com...

It's late, and that was creepy.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.wbbm780.com...

Anyone think they understand what is being said??

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Another article,

Have Aliens hijacked the Voyager 2 spacecraft?

According to a recent article, a German UFO expert, Hartwig Hausdorf, claims that the NASA probe Voyager 2 has started transmitting "strange, unintelligible signals"

The probe was launched 33 years ago and contains a disc that provides music and greetings in 55 languages, just in case it is ever discovered by intelligent alien life.

Mr. Hausdorf has said that the probe began sending distorted messages last month from its location near the edge of the solar system, information that NASA has been unable to decode.

In a comment published in The Bild newspaper, Hausdorf said "It seems almost as if someone had reprogrammed or hijacked the probe, thus perhaps we do not yet know the whole truth."

newsblaze.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hmm, I have heard that before I think from other space sounds.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9
Hmm, I have heard that before I think from other space sounds.

Yes, I have heard those space noises.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

I was looking for some other space sounds to post but it is late and I haven't found any yet.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
From listening to the podcast on wbbm780.com it sounds very much like the cassini probe around saturn.

Here's a clip with something that sounds very similar.

Cassini probe signal

Regards Mousey

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There are two conclusions that can be made...
1) A thirty year old space craft that is 8 billion miles away that has a computer weaker than my cell phone has had serious technical issues in the high radiation environment vacuum of space and is busted... or

2) Aliens have found this little speck of space junk and instead of just coming here in their super advanced interstellar space ships they are using this antiquated device to communicate using unintelligible code.

I pick door number one... Sorry.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
try here for space sounds

Space sounds

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
hmmm...was it running windoze?
'nuf said.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mousey
From listening to the podcast on wbbm780.com it sounds very much like the cassini probe around saturn.

Cassini probe signal

Regards Mousey

Thanks,

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

2) Aliens have found this little speck of space junk and instead of just coming here in their super advanced interstellar space ships they are using this antiquated device to communicate using unintelligible code.

I like the idea of number two, heck why not, we have oil leaks, volcanic ash disrupting Europe for years, world wide turmoil, earthquakes every few days.

Yes, the timing is about right for the aliens to appear

[edit on 123131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Cassini probe signal

Regards Mousey

WOW it does sound similar, doesn't it?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Cassini probe signal

Regards Mousey

WOW it does sound similar, doesn't it?

Extremely similar.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Dear Stormdancer777

Sorry it is already in file here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
WOnderif it could be something magnetosphere? When voyager encountered theouter planes, thiers actual recordings of the planets magenstophere...satruns was musical, jupiters sounded like thunder off in a distance, the others uranus and neptunei dont remeber...
perhaps voyager passed an asteroid or some object that had a magnetosphere?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I wish that if NASA knew the truth behind this, and i'm 99% sure they do, they would just simply tell. I know it doesn't work this way most of the time, but it's just...

I mean... after 33 years it suddenly stops working? It had to go past the asteroid belt(s), escape the gravity of large planets like Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and god knows how many UFO's it encountered on the way? It was meant to be one of the most important vehicles send out to space, they programmed it with that in mind so it could sustain itself throughout the journey. They said it was supposed to be working for a few more years from now and send back just basic data about its condition. And now it goes wacko, sending back data which doesn't match the input back at NASA HQ? Not to mention the sound sinds very similiar to the one from Cassini's Saturn? Who are they willing to fool? In my opinion it has been hijacked by ET's and they have sent back a message, saying something along the lines we aren't to leave the solar system yet, because we aren't mature enough to explore deep space. Give it a few more years.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a few days ago I watched the first Star Trek movie
...good stuff and kinda of a connection to this topic.

I so want this to be true but I think there is a good explanation for it. as usual.

this thing is too old and probably it's broken.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have serious doubts if we'd even be able to differentiate an Alien voice with space sounds if it was an actual Alien.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join