It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists forecast decades of ash clouds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS! Scientists forecast decades of ash clouds

www.timesonline.co.uk

THE Icelandic eruption that has caused misery for air travellers could be part of a surge in volcanic activity that will affect the whole of Europe for decades, scientists have warned.

They have reconstructed a timeline of 205 eruptions in Iceland, spanning the past 1,100 years, and found that they occur in regular cycles — with the relatively quiet phase that dominated the past five decades now coming to an end.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Title edit.

From the submit news page:

Headline: You must use the original story headline from your source. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, explain why you think it is so in your submission comments

[edit on 16/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Looks like the price of a train ticket in Europe will be going up very shortly.
This is another serious strike against the European economy, especially with the looming economic collapse. My major concern at this point is Katla. We can only hope and pray that this sleeping giant doesn't suddenly awaken as the global ramifications would no doubt be enormous.
I will definitely be keeping my eye on the seismic activity in that area.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Don`t worry ..... we can get that unused BP containment tower - pop that on top of Katla .... no worries.

Failing that we can just blast a combination of shredded tyres and golf balls into the caldera - plugging it shut.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Couldn't we just nuke it ,and do the oil spill at the same time.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by discl0sur3

Don`t worry ..... we can get that unused BP containment tower - pop that on top of Katla .... no worries.

Failing that we can just blast a combination of shredded types and golf balls into the caldera - plugging it shut.

LMAO! Sounds plausible

btw- read THIS

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Couldn't we just nuke it ,and do the oil spill at the same time.

LOL

Nukes are the solution to all world problems according to those who have them lol.

On topic, Europe is doomed when considering the already melting economies and their stupid decision in visiting the graveyard of empires.

I wonder what kind of world would come out of the next chaos, can't wait..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I laughed when I read your post...but why not? It makes about as much sense as some other solutions I've heard about recently. :shk:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Massive oil geyser spewing out 210,000+ gallons of crude into the gulf daily.

Ash clouds covering europe, grounding flights,

Riots in greece

Europe's economy about to collapse

Possible civl war in southeast asia

Middle east gearing up for a massive war...

Interesting times indeed

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yep. It kinda puts the phrase "live life to its fullest" in a whole new perspective, yeah?

I've always kinda known it, but now I can truly say it: OIL - it's turning out that this just might be the biggest mistake EVER MADE by man (as if it hasn't always been).

It's OK tho...right?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You want to nuke a volcano.

You want to nuke a volcano.

I want to say something snide - but I just can't past "you want to nuke a volcano."

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
seems like nukes might be the solution to all our problems

volcano in iceland? - drop a nuke into it. problem solved.

oil spill in gulf of mexico - underwater nuke, block it off good.

riots in thailand, looming war in korea? - yep, nuke 'em all. no people, no problem.

I mean, america, france, uk and russia have got plenty of nukes not in use, and if they don't use them before their sell by date all those millions would have gone to waste, eh? gotta get some use out of them.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS! Scientists forecast decades of ash clouds

Well, that should put a damper on the NWO man made global warming, global cooling, climate change, twits for a while. I guess they will soon come up with a new BS scare tactic to keep us on the run for the next while. The more they stir in it the more it stinks.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by rothmans]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Katla shows why a global civilization based purely on technology, especially technology as fragile as air traffic and a few undersea cables, can't ever last more than a century or two.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rothmans

Well, that should put a damper on the WNO man made global warming, global cooling, climate change, twits for a while. I guess they will soon come up with a new BS scare tactic to keep us on the run for the next while. The more they stir in it the more it stinks.

*High Five* - Exactly!

What will they think of next?

Probably time for that stages alien invasion (to control and regulate the people) - and I'm only half kidding on that.

peace

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
What will they think of next?

Probably time for that stages alien invasion (to control and regulate the people) - and I'm only half kidding on that.

Ah yes! Brilliant minds think alike silo13.

Indeed you are not kidding, they will circumvent our third eye before we all become aware of same. Not next, but after their 3rd or fourth next deception. They know some of us cant be deceived but we know enough to stay under the radar.

Their goal is clear and now in effect, reduce everyone to the lowest common denominator.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by rothmans]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
oh come on now with the whole

"BREAKING NEWS!"

in the title.

yes. we know it is breaking news. thats why you put it in this forum, right?

i seriously think you should get a post ban if you keep manipulating the forums this way.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Please explain the vagaries of your paltry complaint in precise detail.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
oh come on now with the whole

"BREAKING NEWS!"

in the title.

yes. we know it is breaking news. thats why you put it in this forum, right?

i seriously think you should get a post ban if you keep manipulating the forums this way.

I agree with you somewhat, these kinds of threads with the "BREAKING NEWS" headline remind me about the Nancy Grace TV show (which is never a good thing) they always have the "BREAKING NEWS/NEW DEVELOPMENTS" ticker at the bottom of the screen in caps

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Anyone who has even a simple command of the english language knows that "BREAKING NEWS" means that the story has just come in and is so far incomplete. If you refuse to accept simple english then maybe you should switch to spanish or japanese.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rothmans

this OP has made a number of threads recently with "BREAKING NEWS" in the title.

this amounts to:

"READ THIS THREAD! ITS THE BEST THREAD EVER!" begging for readers, stars and flags, and so forth.

in short: i do not need to be prompted that this is breaking news, particularly in the breaking news forum. got it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join