It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carpet installation, at a club.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So I'm a carpet guy for three years now, and my partner who has been at it for over 15 years has gone to do a measure in 'Richmond Hill' which is in Lower ontario/Toronto.

He comes back with a piece of the carpet of the club to see fit they can match it. I went O_O as soon as I saw it and it had; these two symbols in a pattern allover the carpet and nothing else
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

I was like woa wtf..that's obvious. Turns out the carpet was a special order..because they don't just stock carpet with masonic symbols... .*rolls eyes*..I asked my partner what the place was? He said it was a clubhouse and that the room was fairly big with seating and a stage.

Im like woa thats creepy ._.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Triple_helixxx

Be more believable if you posted a pic of the "piece of carpet".
I just wonder why you posted a drawing instead.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ok my partner said it was a 'shriners' club.

Wtf is that?

and those are the symbols on the carpet. I don't have a camera.

The carpet was just a 4x4ft piece of carpet that was brought to the shop(where I work) from my partner..I haven't seen it since then, and it's probably thrown out by now. I don't have a camera and I wouldn't carry a camera with me to work anyway =-\

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I've been interested in joining Masonry for a while. Me, my Father and my two brothers did a carpet job a Masonic lodge years ago. They have from the carpet appearing with Mason symbol you linked. As well many other items in the building. Very respectable men that chit chat with us. Freemasons are really cool and helpful guys.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I've seen ugly carpeting .. but that would be the ugliest.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Triple_helixxx
I don't have a camera

Your cell phone does not have a camera either? Might be time for an upgrade.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't have a cell phone. The most electronic interference for my visual and audial stimuli are, my tv(that my computer is hooked up to) and playing video games on it. I rarely even switch to my cable, only to see gordon ramsay yell at someone.

And yes it was very ugly carpet. The symbols were yellow and the .....rest of it was a dark blue.
Very ugly.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Im like woa thats creepy ._.

Some Masonic carpets are straight-forward Square and Compasses on a dark blue background, others can be over-the-top in ornamentation.

Sight unseen, I'm assuming that the carpet sample your partner brought back was of the former variety like ours is. The Connaught Temple in Etobicoke is more of the over-the-top category (IMHO). Rather intricate but I would assume that it was a bugger to install and match seems with.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Shriners are sort of an appendant body of Freemasonry.

Local Shriner's temple usually hosts arts and crafts festivals, as well as the Scout competitions in my area.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I've seen ugly carpeting .. but that would be the ugliest.
Well duh... I mean... Shriners?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I don't have a cell phone.
You do on location carpet installations and you don't have a cell phone? How the hell do you communicate with the office when something comes up while you're on a job???

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Carpet installation? AND at a club?!?! OH MY GOD! But really that is some ugly carpet, at my lodge we just have blue carpeting throughout most of it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
wait.

So tell me. Is all this conspiracy stuff with freemasons being 'evil' really just a whack-job conspiracy? And that these clubs are hosts to kind and loving people?

what..the..eff

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

lmao .. when I first saw the pic I thought he meant the entire picture was what was plastered all over the carpet, not just those two specific symbols.

Makes more sense.

Still think it would be an overwhelming effect lol.

Originally I'm like.. wtf.. who would want the picture of an elaborate apron printed all over the carpet.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

wait.

So tell me. Is all this conspiracy stuff with freemasons being 'evil' really just a whack-job conspiracy? And that these clubs are hosts to kind and loving people?

what..the..eff

yea. in short, you are exactly right. But don't let my opinion sway you.

The Sriners are an apendant body of the masons. They do a lot of fish frys and charity drives to support their Children's Hospital.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

wait.

what..the..eff

Depends who you ask and where you ask the question. As a Freemason, I'll give you three guesses how I'd respond to your question.

But then again, in the eyes of some, I'm just a Porch Mason (or some other vile epithet), an ill-informed dupe on the periphery of the real, controlling-the-world-actuality of Freemasonry©. Make of my answer what you will.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So there are a duality of freemasons?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So there are a duality of freemasons?

In the fevered brows of the visceral anti-Masons, yes. In reality? No.

But reality's just so darn mundane. Doesn't sell books. Doesn't attract attention. Common really.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Are the freemasons a 'society'?

Are the freemasons a 'secret' society?

Are the freemasons leaving their mark everywhere? aka, the American dollar bill.

Are there a group of freemasons who at least have plans on world domination?

Are there a group of freemasons in control of big corporations?

How dare anyone attempt to give me an answer.

Catalyse me

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Are the freemasons a 'society'?
Society: An association or body of people united by a common aim, interest, or profession. Yes, we are.

Are the freemasons a 'secret' society?
Secret Society: An organization formed to promote some cause by secret methods, its members being sworn to observe secrecy. By that definition, yes, we're that too.

Are the freemasons leaving their mark everywhere? aka, the American dollar bill.
No, we're not. Masons were not involved in the final design of the Great Seal of the United States.

Are there a group of freemasons who at least have plans on world domination?
Perhaps, but if so, that group has no power over Masonry in general. The power structure of Masonry is such that there is no one governing body that dictates what Masonry is, or what actions a lodge or its members must take.

Are there a group of freemasons in control of big corporations?
There are individual freemasons who have been in control of such corporations as Wendy's and Kentucky Fried Chicken (both Dave Thomas and Harland Sanders are now dead, of course...)

How dare anyone attempt to give me an answer.
Why?

Catalyse me
If you insist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join