It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS 132 - UFO Fleet.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think you can pretty much scratch the idea that the "fleet" in the first video are simply cities viewed from space. Moving way too fast for that.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So, the jury's still out? Hopefully, we can get more information on the video.

Thanks for the discussion so far...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Even if it were ET's (and they are out there watching around the ISS), it's worth nothing, because there isn't any media coverage on this. To me the first video looks too odd to be just space junk. And it's not the only video of that kind on the net. If it were space junk and hit the ISS, it would go bye bye. Eventhough how dumb NASA is, I'm sure they thought about that and wouldn't put the over a decade of work station and the crew at risk. So, my question is this - Would anything change if it was covered in the MSM along with all the other UFO videos around orbit? Or would that be easily dismissed by the skeptics?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Pretty interesting.

I would have no clue as to what that is. Maybe the crew were eating Doritos? That's what it looks like. A big glowing Dorito.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
(accidental double post)

[edit on 16-5-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Not all "objects" move at the same speed, there are some differences.

(click the images for full size)

Also, at the end, it looks like more objects appeared.
(cropped and slowed down to 50%)

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

okay so that rules out cities.
doesn't rule out formations entirely, but does suggest
varied speeds of the objects, which could be debris or could be indiivdual craft, varying their speed and trajectory. which do you think it is?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The slight changes in brightness and/or size make me think of rotating objects, like debris, but I do not have any way of knowing.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I think you can pretty much scratch the idea that the "fleet" in the first video are simply cities viewed from space. Moving way too fast for that.

OK, so you know the shuttle itself wasn't rotating? How do you know this?

Any progress on finding out the date/time of the video?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This will help. Longer Version of the May 15th Footage by Atlantis.

This is a longer version of the footage in discussion and information.
Date: May 15, 2010 at 2:48 PM CT Shuttle Atlantis was in route to the ISS. During a
long view of the Orbiter Zoom Sensor System by the Atlantis camera in black and
white at night time. The lights or objects appear at minute 3:09 in this video I
uploaded. The footage is longer showing the Orbiter Zoom all the time but I included
this segment so you can see for yourself more of the incident and hear the audio.

No city lights underneath, no debris or ice crystals etc. at any time. Suddenly these
lights appear like in formation passing by at minute 3:09. Interestingly PRECISELY
when these objects or lights are passing by the NASA camera operator interrupted the
transmission and switched back to control room, one of the lights is seen on the big
screen.

Was this interruption a coincidence? I don't think so, it's so obvious and the operator
reacted late switching the cameras, why exactly at the moment of the lights? Simple.

My opinion: Undoubtedly UFOs, that is meaning not identified (Yet).

Watch the longer footage of the incident with audio. UFOs appear at minute 3:09.

This is the component that appears in the video, the Orbiter Boom Sensor System to
be installed on the ISS.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
This will help. Longer Version of the May 15th Footage by Atlantis.

Excellent -- I'll check the flight plan for a clue to the illumination conditions.

Note that the scene is fully zoomed, and the objects cross the FOV in ten seconds. That means we can compute the angular rate. Good datum.

My opinion: Undoubtedly UFOs, that is meaning not identified (Yet).

A little over-eager, wouldn't you say?

This is the component that appears in the video, the Orbiter Boom Sensor System to be installed on the ISS.

I don't think the OBSS is to be installed on ISS, it is brought back by the same shuttle mission it is launched on.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
See www.nasa.gov...
for the 'Execute Package' for Flight Day 2, including this
event time.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Wonder how Nasa is gonna cover that up.........

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
yeah, that wasn't space junk and if anybody says it is must be smoking that Acapulco gold stuff. That was perfect formation and space junk would be randomly tumbling in space.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
yeah, that wasn't space junk and if anybody says it is must be smoking that Acapulco gold stuff. That was perfect formation and space junk would be randomly tumbling in space.

Drag, if you select your conclusion in advance, you can easily 'prove' it by making convenient assumptions -- as in this case.

Then you can make personal attacks on anybody who doesn't see things your way. How to win friends, change minds, and influence people -- in the weird world of Uforia, at least.

"Perfect formation" is a typical description in UFO cases for "random scatter".

The 'space junk' referred to in shuttle videos is almost entirely of shuttle origin, it's extremely rare to spot and image even large other satellites, and the junk that threatens collisions (as one did Sunday morning) is too small and too distant to EVER be seen from the shuttle.

Other sources of multiple dots on a video field of view are often ground objects such as cities or fishing fleets, or stars, or highlights on other large station components (not this time).

I think it's correct to say, as you did, that shuttle-ejected junk often flashes periodically as they tumble, and can move in different directions across the FOV.

But that's not always the case either -- clouds of ice from water dumps, when viewed from several hundred meters away, seem to more-or-less track together.

Before concluding it was a fleet of alien spaceships, you DID check out the time of the most recent water dump, didn't you?

Why not?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I realize I am wasting my time, but if two objects are moving at the same speed, and one object is closer to a fixed camera view, the nearer object will appear to be moving faster than the farther object.

I know this is a waster of time, because my cousin believes Star Wars is real, and has fully resisted all arguments to the contrary since the 1970s.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
I realize I am wasting my time, but if two objects are moving at the same speed, and one object is closer to a fixed camera view, the nearer object will appear to be moving faster than the farther object.

I know this is a waster of time, because my cousin believes Star Wars is real, and has fully resisted all arguments to the contrary since the 1970s.

Truth, I'm not following you. Why is this comment germane to this discussion? And re your cousin -- people who believe really weird things too easily are typically also patsies for con jobs, even by relatives. Sell him something. Keep the money -- tell him to consider it tuition.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So the crew ejected some space junk? Shouldn't they be fined or put in jail for it???

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
um excuse me but they spent billions on the ISS but the cameras look low tech why? what dont they want us to see? my cell takes better video than that.
oh and i don't believe it's space junk that close to the ISS. looks like a fleet of something!

where is my favorite debunker? phage can you elaborate?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hello guys, here are two other videos, the second a few minutes ago.
It's likely however, that much of what we see are actually debris and ice ...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join