It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find giant oil plumes under Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How utterly disturbing to know that so much life has been put in death's way. I fear that much more is known but will not be revealed at this time. My heart aches over this, I wish so badly we could hear the words 'it has been capped'.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
In Honor of Just Wondering

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

What is your picture of? I cannot see it, only a red x

second line

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

What is your picture of? I cannot see it, only a red x

second line

Interesting... It's my photobucket account (try this):

i18.photobucket.com...

I had to inject a little humor!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d98ada0d3f7.jpg[/atsimg]

" And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea "

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You all know there are only a handful of people commenting on this when you look at the millions of hits ATS gets, there are like twenty people commenting, disputing or presenting an observation on this. Is it too big to be within the the normal range of human grief?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
You all know there are only a handful of people commenting on this when you look at the millions of hits ATS gets, there are like twenty people commenting, disputing or presenting an observation on this. Is it too big to be within the the normal range of human grief?

I don't know about you, but it's 1:45AM. The bars haven't even closed yet. This is a weekend night... Everybody is cutting loose. Very few people read the news anyhow. Your observation is more than likely correct though. I don't imagine this sort of event has registered yet. Sort of the same as a "soft kill" in theory. You miss quite a bit, if you're distracted and not paying attention... So goes our lives.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

BP should be shut down and those who run it along with their families should not be allowed to ever again deal in the fuel industry...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

It's a quarter past midnight here and I went out earlier to a club and many people knew about this already and it was a weird night I think even though some people don't know how bad this has gotten there is a general pall and malaise out there that may affect a place in the body and spirit before it's actually read about it in the news, I think many people are attuned fluidly with the bodies of water and all the creatures as well as the seismic earth.

Good night.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
...everyone is mesmorized by the cute puppy pictures!

No seriously... BP is still thinking this is small scale... they are too focused on the money and the ability to make a profit from this doomsday event. If they focused on how to stop the leak... they could stop it and then spend days trying to figure out how to pump it into the ships. At this point... and with their luck... they would pump the oil into the ships and the ships would sink.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Today, as far as 37 kilometres out from ground zero, the readings still show signs of the plume.

The Great Beyond

This was from the 14th.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by subbcindy

Great link. Thanks.

Vernon Asper, oceanographer with the National Institute for Undersea Science and Technology team, says, "I'm really surprised we're still the only research vessel out here."

I am too. Wonder what's up with that...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just posted a similar thread, but I didn't see this one. Glad to see at least SOME are paying attention...

Latest headlines?

Barack Obama sends nuclear experts to tackle BP's Gulf of Mexico oil leak

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Let's get this party started.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This is just sick, I don't care that BP is losing money...

Hell I don't even care if this drives the prices of gas to $5 dollars

I think the real catastrophe here is the amount of life that will be killed, because of us and our irresponsibility and our love for pieces of paper that we worship as if they are gods.

I'm sick of this crap, I seriously think we urgently need a massive natural disaster to kill of much of our species so we can start over again and bring back balance to mother Earth.

As long as your in that bunch, your welcome to it. Some of us would like to continue. I WILL NOT die just because "its good for the planet"!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The whole dispersants thing is pretty smart. It's like thinking if you have crap on the floor just throw some water on it and now you have a puddle of crap which is so much better than a single turd.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If the citizenry doesn't hold BP accountable, then NOBODY ELSE WILL.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
To counter these observations we of course have BP talking more trash...

Dispersants working, BP says

Video Link

BP is the one who caused the mess yes but at least they are trying to clean the mess up, I have not heard or seen anything about the government trying to help.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I find it very strange so few seem to be paying attention to a genuine catastrophe. Perhaps it is just too big for most to wrap their minds around, as suggested by another poster.

But the oil plumes don't surprise me, I've been expecting them. I expect that there are also methane gas-saturated plumes too at varying depths. I've been trying to put informationtogether about the methane hydrates and what the spill might be doing to effect both the environment and the possiblity of of triggering a vast methane eruption through pressure/temperature changes wrought by the gas dissolution in the water.

Now, after looking at the geology of the seafloor in the area, it looks like there is a possibility of a seafloor collapse that would result in a tsunami.

Here's the data I've collected so far:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I wish you were wrong, but your right. Sooner than later something has to give, and I think its going to be us.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

"...BP finally resorted to releasing a genetically engineered, 9-headed, oil-guzzling beast into the Gulf..."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join