It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady with flames for hair?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Succubus-

a demon in the form of a female which attacks sleeping males and has intercourse with them. not sure on origin, i think its greek?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Incidentally, and interestingly, I continued having "visitations" from a variety of entities for many years throughout my childhood. Some of these visits were pretty frightening, as when a group of "little people" assailed me late one night.

They weren't Munchkins, nor were they cute or friendly. They grabbed my arms and legs and seemed to be trying to pull me toward the window. I thought I was being kidnapped.

In my fright, the only thing I could think to do was to recite the Lord's Prayer — also known as Our Father. It's the only prayer attributed directly to Jesus Christ, who taught it to his disciples.

By the time I had finished the prayer, the "little people" had released me and fled into the darkness. They really didn't like that prayer!

Which leads me to think that they were, indeed, demons of some sort.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?????

Hidatsa lore, we have small evil beings like the ones you described. i cannot remember their names, but i have heard tell of these from many sources around here in SW ND.

omg freaky. . .

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
WHERE DO YOU LIVE????? Hidatsa lore, we have small evil beings like the ones you described. i cannot remember their names, but i have heard tell of these from many sources around here in SW ND. omg freaky. . .

I now live in the Great Smoky Mountains of the Carolinas, but in my childhood I lived on a ranch down in Texas. Strangely enough, there were numerous Caddo indian burial mounds out in the forests, all around the ranch. We knew about them, and the government knew about them, but they were a big archaeological secret (to keep vandals and grave-robbers away).

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Succubus-

a demon in the form of a female which attacks sleeping males and has intercourse with them. not sure on origin, i think its greek?

I believe it is Greek in origin. The only reason that I put the label succubus onto this thing is the fact that I don't know what else to call it. Demons don't give up that easily (believe me, been there, done that). I would just consider these malevolent entities, without the demon classification, as demonic hauntings are much more intense, and are not easily contended with by just telling them to go away.

There are many tales from varying cultures from Islam to Christianity about these types of female appearing entities. Most associate them with demonic forces, but I have yet to see any proof of such a claim....at least in my experience with them. My gut feeling is that they are just non-human corporeal entities....as in, they are not human souls, nor will they ever be human souls. I just wish I had more information to go on about this specific phenomena. They are extremely camera shy....more so than other spirits that I have hunted and cleansed from homes. The one difference between them and a human spirit that I have noticed is that they can materialize at will, whereas human entities can rarely do that unless they are part of a residual haunting. The intelligent human spirit hauntings seem to have a very hard time with actually materializing at will, and will normally only be able to focus enough energy for an EVP or the slight movement of something in the immediate vicinity. Of course, when I mean slight movement, it could be anything from knocking on a wall, to throwing a brick across a room.

I've been through the books a million times, and I really can't put a definitive classification on this particular brand of spirit.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I was lookin over some of your posts, and one thing is now sticking out to me.

a while back, i read this thriller book, called full tilt. can't remember the plot, but there was an evil woman, named Cassandra. and she looked exactly how you describe the succubus. she was like a demon of disasters or something, and this coincedence, if indeed it is one, is freaky.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
When i was 7 or 8 i lived in a house that my uncle owned. He was living in Korea for 3 or 4 years. He met his wife while stationed there, and arranged to get a civil service job over there so she could spend time with her family. While they were over there, mom and i lived in their house with their daughter.

Shortly after showing up, strange things started happening. Like things would get put in places that were different than where they were left. I wasn't the only one noticing it, nor was my mother. An aunt noticed it, too. She was the one that named the phenomena "Justin".

By this time my parents were divorced. My father was a POS, really. On the rare occasions he came to see me, it was usually a few hours of him making fun of me or something such as that. On this one occasion he came and we started playing pool on my uncles pool table. I remember vividly hearing several different songs on that day, including the latest hit from Cheap Trick, "I want you to want me" (recorded live, i believe).

My dad was a good pool player, and enjoyed beating the crap out of an 8 year old kid, apparently. after several games of him running the table on me, and other such nonsense, i started to get fed up and frustrated.

Then, all of a sudden when i made a shot, it would go in. I won 2 games against him before he decided to stop playing. High strangness, like when my ball would curve in a slow arc to go in the pocket. Or how 6 or 7 shots in a row that he tried would bounce out of the pocket.

I remember this vividly, and every time i hear that Cheap Trick song it reminds me of playing pool. BTW, i suck at pool to this day.

On another occasion i was trying to get something out from under the bathroom sink to play with in the tub. In the process i spilled several chemicals and made a pretty good mess. I went to get mom to tell her and get chided for being "a bull in a china shop" (as she would say. "Your a big kid. you have to be careful"). But when we went in to inspect the damage, the mess was cleaned up. It was about 1, maybe 2 minutes.

In retrospect, several years later, i recall that after i made the mess i was coughing, too. I wonder if there had been a mix of bleach and ammonia?

My aunt has lots of stories about Justin. She stayed around us a lot, just because her and my mom were friends as well as sisters in law.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

hmmm, still that is a freaky resemblance of a tale.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Succubus-

I was thinking, Lilith.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this a guy thing?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

i'm thinkin Justin was a poltergeist. have you had any other psychic expereriences, i'm thinking you might, and you were able to create Justin somehow.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Incidentally, and interestingly, I continued having "visitations" from a variety of entities for many years throughout my childhood. Some of these visits were pretty frightening, as when a group of "little people" assailed me late one night.

They weren't Munchkins, nor were they cute or friendly. They grabbed my arms and legs and seemed to be trying to pull me toward the window. I thought I was being kidnapped.

In my fright, the only thing I could think to do was to recite the Lord's Prayer — also known as Our Father. It's the only prayer attributed directly to Jesus Christ, who taught it to his disciples.

By the time I had finished the prayer, the "little people" had released me and fled into the darkness. They really didn't like that prayer!

Which leads me to think that they were, indeed, demons of some sort.

— Doc Velocity

Holy crap Doc! That's a new one for me! I have not heard of these "munchkin" things before! I can almost see them in my mind's eye. What I am seeing is very reminiscent of this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cedc282d9ae.jpg[/atsimg]

It's a Miniblin from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, but it reminds me of what you were talking about. I have no doubt that those things were probably lower level demons or lower vibrational entities.

Very interesting that you had that experience. Does that picture look anything like what you saw?

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Is this a guy thing?

No, they've got a sex-starved male demon for you girls, too, called the Incubus.

Incidentally, both the Succubus and Incubus are from the Latin, meaning they're probably Roman in origin, not Greek.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
Does that picture look anything like what you saw?

No. These things looked like little people, but only about 2 feet tall, very thick and stocky, square faces, heavily wrinkled, with dark skin — but not like Negros, more like darkly-tanned Caucasians. They were very strong, stronger than a 7-year-old kid, for sure, and there were 5 of them.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Succubus-

I was thinking, Lilith.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this a guy thing?

I initially thought that with my first case with these things (the frightened female client). I looked up everything I could on that. This client kept coming up with the name "Bathsheba" being whispered in her ear at night. She told me that at some points it became so deafening that she could not sleep. Three nights later me and my team member stayed with her in the house, and the biatch appeared to both of us, wide awake. She saw me and turned the other way when I started reciting the white light prayer. She never had a problem with it again after a proper cleansing of the house. I don't think it's entirely a guy thing, and whatever these things are, they decide to pick a victim and go with it until the person stops being a victim and confronts the entity. I don't think this is a case of the Biblical Lilith, mostly because I don't take much stock in the tales of the Bible....it's just my personal opinion.

I just wish I could get one of these things on film.....grrr.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Does that picture look anything like what you saw?

No. These things looked like little people, but only about 2 feet tall, very thick and stocky, square faces, heavily wrinkled, with dark skin — but not like Negros, more like darkly-tanned Caucasians. They were very strong, stronger than a 7-year-old kid, for sure, and there were 5 of them.

— Doc Velocity

I hate to use the word, but maybe they were elves or elementals or something of that nature? I've never come across what you describe, unless they are indeed something like an elf or goblin or something like that. I usually liken those types of things to children's fairy tales, but what your experience has gotten my research mode into overdrive. Maybe an attempted alien abduction? I'll see what I can come up with.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

EDIT: Doc, here's a web blog I found about "the wee folk" and a first hand account of someone that saw something kind of like what you did when you were a kid. I don't know if there is any truth in it at all, but it's something worth reading.

www.ghosttheory.com...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by truthseeker1984]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I hate to use the word, but maybe they were elves or elementals or something of that nature?

Well, be they gnomes or elves or goblins or aliens, they were very vocal and were kind of snarling and yelping as they grabbed me, like a pack of wild dogs. It was scary as hell. When I started praying the Lord's Prayer aloud, they sounded amused at first, kind of chuckling and laughing and mocking, but as I got to the "deliver us from Evil," they released me and fled.

Which is what makes me think they were demons of some sort.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I didn't see a lady with flames as being hair. But I did see a materialized young Native Boy sleeping curled up on the edge of my bed. He had short hair, seemed from the angle that I was looking at he seemed to be about 9 or 10 years old. I didn't see his face, but noticed his skin color was darker. I didn't want to wake him up. So instead I crawled into bed and slept sideways, and taking glances to see if he still was there. He disappeared after the 3rd glance over my shoulder. I feel that he was friendly and wasn't looking for anything much maybe just the comfort of being with somebody, I had a feeling he was from the cemetery that's about a kilometer away.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Doc, here's a web blog I found about "the wee folk" and a first hand account of someone that saw something kind of like what you did when you were a kid. I don't know if there is any truth in it at all, but it's something worth reading.

I noticed, immediately, some very peculiar similarities to my story.

1) The people with the "gnome problem" were living on a ranch, as was I when my experiences took place.

2) The little boy in the story was 7 years old, the same age I was when my experiences took place.

And it reminds me of something else pretty weird. At about the same time, a few of my little buddies and I had become convinced there were gnomes or something living out in the woods across the dirt road from the ranch. We talked about it, quite seriously (for 7-year-olds), and used to stay up into the late evening hours with flashlights and our 22 rifles, waiting for one of those things to show itself.

We were country kids, though, and we knew not to wildly open fire — so we never actually fired a shot into the woods at night. We would have gotten our butts whipped but good.

So, as far as I know, we never antagonized any "wee folk"... As far as I know.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Well, whatever they are, they aren't nice. If they have this evil laugh as you and these other people are saying, well, there's probably something there (not to mention the ranch connection...how freaky). I wish I knew more about this phenomena...I'm going to have to hit the books tomorrow and read up on them. This is one branch of the paranormal I have never had a personal experience with.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

If they have this evil laugh as you and these other people are saying, well, there's probably something there (not to mention the ranch connection...how freaky). I wish I knew more about this phenomena.

Well, here's something else to throw into your research.

Years later, when I was an adult, these things made a return visit. On 4 successive nights, I believe it was, I had dreams and visions of creatures in groups of 5.

The first night, I awoke from a disturbing dream in which 5 simian-like creatures were attacking me in an empty theatre which was showing a movie about me. Okay. I woke up in a sweat from that dream.

As my eyes adjusted to the dim light in my bedroom, I saw a cat sitting on my dresser. More curious still, there were 5 cats sitting all around my bedroom, all staring at me.

I had NO pet cats at the time.

I switched on the bedside light and they vanished.

Following night, I awoke at about the same time to find 5 owls in my bedroom, all staring at me. Same thing, switched on the light, they disappeared.

The next night, I awoke at about the same time — always between 2 and 3 AM — to hear some familiar mumbling and chattering from my bathroom. I turned my head to the right, looked into the bathroom, and by the nightlight's glow I saw them — the 5 little sons of bitches that had tried to kidnap me as a kid!

When they saw that I had seen them, they came swarming into my bedroom, grabbing me, pulling me, and they were just as strong as I remembered!

It was like a replay of my 7-year-old experience. I was horrified, and they were growling and laughing just as before. And, just as before, I used the Lord's Prayer on them — I remembered its effect.

And it worked again. They fled.

The big difference was that I wasn't living on a ranch anymore, I had moved to the "big city" of Houston, Texas, and was living in a house down there in a residential neighborhood.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/16/2010 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join