It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady with flames for hair?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I had forgotten about this, but while visiting with my mom early this morning (we were at her house waiting for my son to call so we could go to his band concert...i am not "young") she reminded me of it. Problem is, i have absolutely no personal memory currently, other than the abstract knowledge that it was a real event in my youth.

Here is the story, as she tells it:

When i was 2 i came in her room crying. She asked me what was wrong, and i told her, "The lady with the fire hair is scaring me." She said she held me until i stopped crying, and then we went into my room.

When she turned on the light, she asked me, "Where did she come from?" I pointed to a spot on the wall. She said, "She came out of the wall?" I told her yes.

She then started to ask me about her. Was her hair just red? No, it was flames like fire. Did she act mean to me? No, she talked with me but she looked really scary because of her flaming head. She then told me that she could really get me to tell her what the lady said.

This is not the only such event from my childhood. In the same city, different house, i was about 3 or so. Since my father was a travelling type businessman, i often slept in my moms bed. She slept like the dead, and not much would really wake her. We always got up really early. She has always been the type to awake at 3 or 4 and start her day, then go to bed at 8. One morning, after she had gotten up and was getting my clothes ready she couldn't find my belt. It really frustrated her, as i was an active boy and needed my pants to stay on. This went on for a few days.

Then one night, in the middle of the night i woke up and saw an old man standing in the doorway. He had a big nose, and kind of looked eastern European in retrospect. But he was not menacing in any way, and appeared to be very affectionate in his mannerisms. He talked to me, but i cannot recall the sound of his voice or what he said. I just remember the abstract notion that it was heavily accented and that i couldn't understand him very well. He walked over and laid my belt (a yellow leather belt with 2 rows of buckle holes, as per 1975 fashion) on the chair that my mom had next to the bed (she has always had a chair next to her bed, strangely).

The next morning, when she woke me up she asked me where i found the belt. I told her that i didn't find it. I then told her the story. She was amazed at the story, especially after so many other of these types of stories (remember, the flaming hair lady), and life just kind of went on.

Many, many years later i am sitting at my granparents house, and they are showing pictures that they have. I must have been 13 or so. Since my grandfather worked on the cooling systems in the Kwajelein missile base, he had loads and loads of really cool pictures and video's of various rocket launches from the base. We often went through a new stash that they had found.

When he pulled out a picture of "Pops" (his father), my blood ran cold. That was the man who brought me my belt when i was a 3 year old. Then it all sort of made sense....my great grandfather immigrated to the US from Hungary, coming through Ellis Island. When my mom was a little girl she says he used to sit her on his lap and sing the National Anthem in a VERY thick accent.

I have quite a few stories like this from my life. Mostly in my far, far flung days of youth. I brought up the second story to display this. But what i am asking here is, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a lady with flaming red hair? Is there an archetype that already has an example?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well...we got a couple of flags. No responses.

Do none of our ghost hunters or spiritual interpreters want to take a crack at this?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Is the lady with flames-for-hair a relative too? Or someone tied to the house/land? very interesting with your great-grandfather still hangs around, sounds like he wants to be sure his family is happy in the US.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully

Is the lady with flames-for-hair a relative too? Or someone tied to the house/land? very interesting with your great-grandfather still hangs around, sounds like he wants to be sure his family is happy in the US.

I am unsure. This was in Midwest City, OK, or OK City. On Bonaparte Lane (the only thing i know off hand about the location). Circa 1974 or so.

There was a lady across the street with red hair, but my mom says that the person i described is nothing like that. Nor like a dream (based on several other wierd experiences in my life).

I have been here at ATS for quite some time. I don't frequent this forum, and don't share these stories much. I guess i just don't think about them much. Perhaps i will tell about the kid, "Justin", who lived in a house i lived in when i was 7 or 8 here in West Texas. I will try to type it up in a few minutes.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Ah, didn't answer your question....

....as far as i know there are no relatives with red hair. My lineage is Hungarian, but it was nordic by way of Hungary (my ancestors were the coastal viking invaders that settled in the region). Along the way most of my Hungarian relatives ended up with darker skin and darkdarkdark hair, a la Joe Paterno. But there are some examples of tall, barrel chested men with blonde hair and green/blue eyes in my family. Myself, and my moms youngest brother are two such examples.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Very interesting about the red flaming hair. I have dealt with an entity more than once that had very pale white skin, red hair that looked like it could be on fire, red dress, and jet black eyes. She was very beautiful...all except for the black eyes. Scared the crap out of some of my clients.

Can you give us more of a description of this woman? My first inclination is that it is the same dark entity (or entities) that I have noticed in the past. They aren't shy about revealing themselves to anybody and everybody. The closest I can surmise is that they are some form of succubi.

That is very cool about your grandfather. I'm very happy that you had a positive experience like that. My grandfather came to me several times after he died and spent time with me that he couldn't while he was still in the flesh. He had a gruff exterior, but a very good heart, and was very happy about being able to see me for a while after he passed.

Anyway, let us know if you have a more detailed description of the woman. I'd be interested in seeing if it's the same thing or not.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lady with flaming hair... try this Greek Myth monster...

THE EMPOUSAI!!!!

though not often depicted as having flaming hair, i have heard some stories.

the empousai, or empusa, were demon daughters of Hecate. often depicted as having one leg of bronze and another of an ass. some could manifest as other types of animals, usually as cows, dogs, mules, and of course, women.

when they took the form of a women, they would sleep with men, sapping their life force until they died, and then eat them.

though tis may not be the case with you, there is still a chance.

i am trying to remember other incidences with ladies with flaming hair. i'll report as soon as i find them.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I had a friend who when he was about ten, living in the midwest, one day, a lady just appeared on his porch in the evening.
She was dressed in armor.
He said she appeared to be illumined, or illuminated from within.
She spoke to him and told him things about himself, that he had power
over people and a capacity for silence and that she was appearing to him
because he reminded her of herself.
Then she vanished.
He didnt know who she was then.
Several weeks later he was in school and he saw
her picture in a book.
She was Joan of Arc.

Now this friend was one of the most unusual people that I ever met. He
had an ability to press thoughts into my mind. He had a presence about
him that someone describing Charles Bronson sounded very much the same. So I believe it was a true story. He told another one about Mary, Mother of Jesus.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I don't have a description currently. I will be meditating on it and try to get a few glimpses of those memories, if i can dig them out.

But to respond to your "succubi" claim, along with the poster successive to you....i have always found red hair attractive. Not orange, like a ginger. But red hair, even if it is bottle bought. Of course, i married a Mexican woman, and still prefer her jet black hair...but i digress.

hmm...i am unsure. i am gonna have to ponder this in my meditative sessions to see if i can get more info.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Cool events. Can't help you out on the flaming hair, though.

But I did notice this:

Your mother "slept like the dead", because of you!

Chasing after an active three year old will make anybody sleep like the dead after a few hours.

I really liked the story about the belt, and it later turning out to be your grandfather. So many others report similar incidents. Got to be.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Just to be clear, it was my great grandfather. My grandfathers dad. There is high strangness with my grandfather, too....but that is another story altogether. But Pops, my great grandfather, immigrated from Hungary. When he got here, he "Americanized" the family name. Little did he know that it would come to be pronounced "Fools day" and curse my uncles. LOL. I carry my fathers name, which is of English origin.

I was a horribly active child though. I know i would have been a test for my mother, were she not angelically loving and patient. But she and I are both very heavy sleepers.

In all honesty, this is why i don't pass this story off as a dream. I don't dream, or at least i don't recall my dreams. I sleep VERY deeply, and am unsure how that effects my dreaming. When i first married my wife would panic because i sleep deeply enough that i can get down to 1 or 2 breaths a minute. I also will on occassion just sleep for a few days at a time. Been a long time since i did that. My mom used to use a mirror to check me after sleeping for 18 or so hours.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
As a little kid who often stayed awake all night long, I had a number of late-night encounters with bizarre entities, which today I consider encounters with interdimensional — if not extraterrestrial — beings.

One of the scariest was a short creature (maybe 3 feet tall) that looked like an embryonic chicken, like so:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bf7498be288.jpg[/atsimg]

Which is pretty scary enough, right? Anyway, as a kid, I always thought it was an embryonic chicken until, finally, I saw a picture like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25f9f6e76bfe.jpg[/atsimg]

At which point I thought, Oh! That's what it was!

Anyway, another such entity was a tall, dark, winged thing that had its "wings" wrapped around itself and opened them when I approached it. I had a screaming fit, which awoke my parents at 2:00 AM.

Another entity was a tall, bright, human-like being with indistinct features and kind of a glowing, vaporous mist or smoke that poured off of it, kind of like liquid Nitrogen. This mist or smoke or whatever you want to call it rose up into the air from its head — it looked like its head was on fire, with these ghostly flames dancing around where hair should be. But this entity was uniformly white or bluish-white, not red.

I actually did talk with the flaming-headed being, which always began by telling me not to be afraid — instantly shutting off my fear. The bulk of the conversation, as I recall, was like simple aptitude testing... "How many triangles do you see?" and "Which one of these things is unlike the others?" and so forth, and it used what looked like a flip-book of questions and equations, like flash cards (or that's how I perceived it).

I seldom got to ask questions, but once I asked it if it was a teacher, which seemed to amuse it. It answered "No" but it didn't elucidate further.

Do you recall, or do you get any impressions about the "flaming-haired woman" that would lead you to think it was testing you somehow? Did it ever tell you "Don't be afraid?"

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/15/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

sorr but that actually sounded kind of like Pallas to me. armour, illuminated from within, idk and i dont want to sound like a greek pagan here lol, but just struck me as Athena.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You know, that is the real question i suppose. My mom said that i told her we talked, but not what we talked about. But her impression was that the talk went on for awhile and then something happened that scared me.

I have always talked to what i recall to be my imagination. But I have this "thing" about people, and sometimes just preferred my own company. Other people tend to interrupt my thoughts, and that annoys me. But that is in phases. Right now it is in an upswing, and my wife is annoyed with me. LOL

The lady, according to mom, looked like any other young, causasian woman, but her hair was flaming, like fire. She materialized out of the wall by my bed.

edit to add: Sundays are the days i prepare my mother dinner. So while over there tomorrow, i will ask her about it. She did not say that i claimed the hair was red, only that it was flames. She may have inferred red based on her association with the lady across the street that i mentioned (i don't remember this lady, but my mom mentioned it today. I just rmeember her son, who i hated to play with).

[edit on 15-5-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
But what i am asking here is, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a lady with flaming red hair? Is there an archetype that already has an example?

Yes, I've seen her.

Here is a thread about it.

I didn't see her come through the wall, but she certainly left through it.

Did she have no eyes?

[edit on 15/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I found this at
www.smartgirl.org...

Fire
Fire can represent passion and anger, and can also mean transition. If you dream of being caught in a fire, a transition will be difficult. If you dream of being warmed by a fire and the feeling in your dream is positive, it is a symbol of illumination, transformation and enlightenment. You are waking up to the positive powers within you.
Maid
To see or have a maid in your dream suggests that you are depending too much on others for help. You need to be more independent and look after yourself
Hair
Long hair in dreams represents strength and beauty. Red hair in dreams usually symbolizes changes in the dreamer's life. Curly hair in dreams foretells that someone will try to seduce you..
The their was this: www.dreammoods.com...
Flame
To see a flame in your dream, symbolizes purification. The dream may also be a metaphor for "flaming" or some heated online argument or personal attack. Flaming also refers to someone who is overtly gay or an old flame could refer to someone from your past who you had a crush on or who you were in love with.
To dream that you are fighting flames, signifies that you will need to invest your best efforts and energy in your road to success and wealth.

Woman
To see a woman in your dream, represents nurturance, passivity, caring nature, and love. It refers to your own female aspects or may also represent your mother. Alternatively, it may indicate temptation and guilt. If you know the woman, then it may symbolize the concerns and feelings you have about her. To see an old woman in your dream, indicates your concerns about aging and growing old. Alternatively, the old woman may be an archet

Hair
To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. If your hair is knotted or tangled, then it is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in your life. You may be unable to think straight. If the wind is blowing through your hair, then it signifies freedom to express uninhibited feelings. You are "letting your hair down".
I realize that you said that you weren't dreaming, but...
PS
I hope your move went well.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

I immediately thought is sounded familiar,.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

That is a good question that i would love to be able to answer.

I will pry more information out. But what you describe is pretty interesting to say the least.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
But what i am asking here is, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a lady with flaming red hair? Is there an archetype that already has an example?

Yes, I've seen her.

Here is a thread about it.

I didn't see her come through the wall, but she certainly left through it.

Did she have no eyes?

[edit on 15/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

NuclearPaul,

Sounds like you saw the same thing that I have been chasing for a while. I wonder if there is a whole batch of them out there? I've never been able to get the biatch on film or on digital camera, but with all the reports that I get from various paranormal groups, as well as my own research, it sounds like this is a regular phenomenon. The one time that I did face down one of these things, I was with a very scared female client, and one other team member (this was about 3-4 years ago). She was extremely religious and thought that this thing was a demon coming to possess her. Well, I am pretty confident in ruling out the demon defense, because the moment I started my white light prayer, the thing took off through the nearest wall, just like what you saw. I am curious as to why these things keep coming around, but without actually being able to confine one and ask it, I have no idea. All I know is that they give people quite the fright, and this is one of the few paranormal mysteries I have yet to solve. The only concrete name I can give them is succubi, but I'm not exactly sure what these things are, or what their origin is.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry. Dbl post.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by truthseeker1984]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join