It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live from the Obama trial: Alex Pareene in Harlem

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

4:00 pm Finally, Manning reveals why we're not trying Obama for treason. He told "some Tea Party people" a while back that they should go after Obama's citizenship instead of his policies. Becaue if they convicted him of treason, they would get to execute him! This didn't go over well. Manning claims the CIA visited his church. So he wants to make it clear: he will not attempt to execute Obama at the conclusion of the trial. (He does still think Obama should be hanged, though.)

3:45 pm Manning asks permission to make his opening statement before the jury is sworn in. He tells us about how George Washington and John Jay invented the natural-born citizen clause, just in case of a situation like this one. "This is not about racism. It just happens that Mr. Obama happens to be alleged to be black. This is about the constitution." If we let one guy violate the constitution, everyone will want to! Also, an allegorical explanation for attacking Obama's citizenship instead of his policies: If you know a man is guilty of rape, but you challenge him on "what kind of coffee he drinks," that is "psychologically imbalanced." Then Manning brought up the Illuminati. Also: Howard Dean, the Clintons.

3:30 pm One juror wants to know why we're not going to prosecute Obama for treason and sedition. Manning: "To prove treason would not be the most difficult thing in this trial" but he is convinced that the American people will uphold the results of this trial, and they will demand Obama's imprisonment. If he's convicted of treason, the American people will demand his death. "And a number of people, not that I'm one of them, are opposed to capital punishment." This is an odd and rambling answer, but basically the standard of proof would be higher if they were arguing a capital case, and also the American people might be uncomfortable executing an American president.

i still cant find out if its a real trial

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
i still cant find out if its a real trial

That is easy.

Just tell me what the case number is and what court it is being held in.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This may help.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
3:30 pm One juror wants to know why we're not going to prosecute Obama for treason and sedition

Sounds like the "jury" is objective to me!
This is just plain idiocy.
Hey, maybe we can have pretend trials with pretend juries and pretend law over everything we don't agree with.
This is completly meaningless, completly stupid and I really feel sorry for anyone that can't realize what a crock this is.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh God, read the story! It's HILARIOUS!
What a bunch of nuts!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I agree its a waste of time but far from stupid.

My reason is that where can the public actually question the Goverment and get a fair trial?
In the US Courts filled with judges all put there by said Goverment??

I would say the only place to get a fair, unbiased trial would be in a court outside of the USA, and even thats iffy..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

This is honestly embarrassing. A group of adult men and women acting this way, playing a mock trial. I mean really, if these people cared half as much about the presidents eligibility and about the constitutional guidelines, they would not be wasting time through embarrasing public shows.

Originally posted by Libertygal
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This may help.

I'd just like to know what evidence this grand jury has again? We are talking about putting Obama through court right? So what evidence would you present to the judge again? The $2 million figure that birthers can't seem to prove he spent? The social security number that only WND and Orly taitz appear to know of, one that people cannot even find on the databse itself? Are you going to tell the judge that his short form birth certificate is insufficient evidence? And what part of the constitution or law will you reference this on?

Come on now, let us know what evidence this grand jury hopes to present. After all, we are talking about a very 'serious' accusation here. That the president as a CIA operative who was actually born in Kenya.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I admit it *sounds* crazy, but that is just because it is not normal protocol for a trial. At least these people are doing SOMETHING.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I don't know, how about you watch and find out?

I just provided the links.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

What they are doing is acting like the uneducated ignorant fools they are.
VERY impressive huh?
You want these fringe nutcases in control of America?

I wouldn't trust them to take out the trash!

It's a ludicris display of ignorance. as I said, i pity anyone that can't understand how ridiculous this circus is!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

"Theres no such thing as bad publicity"
Don't know who said it but it's true and your post is making people aware.
Some will read more and agree/dissagree but they will look...

Smart people will seperate the "chaff from the corn" even if they think most is obsurd..

So, if its all for nothing theres no loss but they may come up with some new information.
Anyway they are free to express themselves any way they disire..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have to challenge you, OldDragger, it seems as though you come here to detract us from the truth on matters of great importance. Such as:

Enough is enough! The "birther" nonsense IS a conspiracy

Suggestion: break down HOAX section into broad catagories

Conspiracy to flood ATS with ridiculous topics?
and last, but not least....
ATS as a tool for propaganda

It seems as though you have an agenda here in this forum. Does anyone else see this? Don't you know how hard it is to turn a conspiracy theorist away from his/her theories?
I can assure you that some content in here is far from ridiculous, and no amount of "debunking" will change the facts.

I know the power of the Grand Jury, and they are quite easy to convene for those in the know. The governmental powers operate of the American Common Law, (statutory laws are for us peons) and Common Law can be used to take them down. This is why Common Law has been so demonized in the courts, they, the judges, know you can use it to take they from their lofty perch. I myself made, through a series of affidavits, a sitting Circuit Court judge step down and dismiss for lack of jurisdiction on his part, and I am only a man who reads a lot. I can imagine what a good Constitutional Attorney could do what this.

They are right, we cannot execute anyone here. That is not what we are about, is it people? We have super prisons for those who commit treason against the American people.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I have to challenge you, OldDragger,

I have a challenge for birthers. Start providing solid evidence. You have running around in circles providing what he/she said, speculative evidence. In addition to that you have thrown so many accusations out there with no credible sources its not funny anymore. Please, put the evidence where your mouth.

I am not concerned about your bluff. I am not concerned about hypotheticals. I want solid evidence so where is it? Where is the proof that the president was born off US soil?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

What a hoot!
Agenda! Wow, with your super reasoning powers you have determined I have consistent opinions! OOOOO! Sinister ,no?
Oh yeah, ATS loves it's right wing whackos doesn't it?
Common Law. yeah sure, the bastion of amateur nutcases in politics for the last
40 years! Please.
These people are like children, ranting in their pretend trial like it means anything at all to sane people.It doesn't. It's utterly vapid nonsense, just like your own "legal" theories.

Please. grow up.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Correct autowrench, sadly some people actually "believe" thatthe birth certificate produced is real. Any birth certificate can be faked or forged. The government can produce one quite easily. And so instead of denying ignorance those people run with it. Pitiful indeed.

What proof do they have he WAS born on American soil? There isn't any. So how can we prove he WAS born on American soil, there is more documentation, people have provided, that shows it is MORE LIKELY than not, that he was born OUTSIDE of American soil.

I just find it funny how people do not understand how grand juries are convened and for their purpose. Sad really.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

You really made me laugh!
Sure. Whatever.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

I agree its a waste of time but far from stupid.

My reason is that where can the public actually question the Goverment and get a fair trial?

Church basement with a fake doctor/reverend pulling things out of his behind. Obviously that is a much better place.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
I admit it *sounds* crazy, but that is just because it is not normal protocol for a trial. At least these people are doing SOMETHING.

I am sitting here with a hammer just slowly driving nails into my thigh. Are you proud of me? Are you ready to stand up for me? Come one, it might sound crazy but at least I am doing something

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I agreed it was stupid so your point with me is???
Is it just that I asked where people could get a fair/unbiased hearing?

Are you here just to attack everyone without giving a reason???

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Could this topic be discussed without the snide remarks and personal jabs?

or not... ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join