It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Falls from Grace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

by PatesHatriots
Yeah I consider picking on corrupt politicians and the people stupid enough to support them to be one of my many gifts. I'm also an excellent cook, I excel at horticulture, and I'm a talented filmmaker. However attacking the things that are dragging down our society does tend to be my finest gift.

Had your post added anything of relevance to the thread, some (not me) might agree. However, along with your revealing username, your post sounds more like the work of a very young person with a potty mouth.

Anyone that refers to Sarah Palin as 'a retard' is insensitive, cowardly, and immature. Given that she has a child with Down's Syndrome, your remarks show an amazing lack of intelligence.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

by PatesHatriots
Yeah I consider picking on corrupt politicians and the people stupid enough to support them to be one of my many gifts. I'm also an excellent cook, I excel at horticulture, and I'm a talented filmmaker. However attacking the things that are dragging down our society does tend to be my finest gift.

Had your post added anything of relevance to the thread, some (not me) might agree. However, along with your revealing username, your post sounds more like the work of a very young person with a potty mouth.

Anyone that refers to Sarah Palin as 'a retard' is insensitive, cowardly, and immature. Given that she has a child with Down's Syndrome, your remarks show an amazing lack of intelligence.

I love how the American right-wing hates political correctness with a passion right up until someone on their side gets some mud in their eye.

As for the article itself, the Tele was spot on here. Personally I would liken her more to a privateer than a profiteer. She's still the beauty-queen, the Machiavellian suburban housewife that has never read "The Prince."

Deep down inside, I still think Sarah Palin believes she will be president someday, and that is very dangerous for someone willing to do anything to get that. Palin has no shame, and never will. The ends (power and popularity more so than wealth I think) justify the means for her. If she could get away with it, and it was expedient for her to do so, I fully believe that she would advocate violence.

Luckily, the majority of America is starting to see Palin for who she is. The political parties have become sick of her; the Republicans want her to shut up and the Democrats have actually tired of pointing out her screw ups. The media will continue to chew on her for a good long while, especially around the 2012 elections, but in the end she will be relegated to history's humorously insane footnotes.

If she continues down this path, Sarah Palin, I believe, will be seen in the same light as Father Coughlin in the view of history.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

re·tard 2 (rtärd)
n. Offensive Slang
1. Used as a disparaging term for a mentally retarded person.
2. A person considered to be foolish or socially inept.

Don't get mad at me for your ignorance of the English language. Especially since Palin falls into both categories. But hey if you want to keep hyping an irrelevant retard who a gimmick of a by-gone era that was meant to drum up support for a horrible agenda by using double digit IQ buzz words and a big pair of tits, have fun. However a pig is a pig no matter what kind of hat you put on it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
She is definitely a top ten candidate to recieve the prestigious award‎ of Top IDIOT in American politics Of All Time. Except the King IDIOT who was our last President seems to knock all other nominations out of the contest as he is a big enough IDIOT to place favorably in all positions 1-10 in the rankings. Imagine our Idiot previous president in office with this Idiot lady as his VP?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sometimes a person is placed at the head of a movement to take the flak.

Sometimes things are not, as they seem.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Don't get mad at me for your ignorance of the English language. Especially since Palin falls into both categories.

Mad at you? I'd have to give a crap about your existence to get mad at you.

But it's enough for me to know that I was correct in my assessment of your post and what it tells about you.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

So do you just run around pontificating your opinion at everything you don't care about? You must be an absolute riot to spend time with. And I still find it funny you don't defend against what I say, you take shots at my character. Obviously because you have no defense yet still feel offended because I'm right. Oh well continue on with your life of spreading your unfounded opinions and looking the way you do.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

And I still find it funny you don't defend against what I say, you take shots at my character.

You haven't uttered one word worth debating! All you are capable of is spewing hateful partisan bile at your betters. As I said before:

"Anyone that refers to Sarah Palin as 'a retard' is insensitive, cowardly, and immature. Given that she has a child with Down's Syndrome, your remarks show an amazing lack of intelligence."

That's all I have to say. Buh-bye.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Did you get angry at Rush when he used the word?

And what is revealing about the poster's username? Did it occur to you that he/she is talking about the football team?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Did you get angry at Rush when he used the word?

Oh yes, and I fired off an angry email to him, too!

And what is revealing about the poster's username? Did it occur to you that he/she is talking about the football team?

[edit on 17-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

Riiight...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Ok, good to hear.

Do you know what the poster's name means? I immediately thought of the football team. I am sure I'm not the only one to think this. Why not ask?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I don't understand why it's "hateful bile" to call Palin a retard when she clearly fits the definition of the word. I guess you're one of those people who consider themselves the thought and word police. That's fine I guess to go out in a naive do-gooder sense trying to enact your views on the world. However defending a retard like Palin probably won't get you far. And if you're not going to debate the content of what I say and instead make unfounded accusations based on no evidence, then I can't really help how you're going to be received by those who are unfortunate enough to be within comprehensional distance. But let's really get to the heart of the matter. You're just mad you emotionally invested in a corrupt loser. And now that the segment of our society that wanted to believe in a cheap political gimmick has been nullified and left leaderless you want to quibble over semantics because it somehow makes you feel justified in your failed beliefs. That's fine, there's still temporary freedom in this country. So with that right, you're free to continue to make a fool out of yourself picking a fight based on nothing.

I also especially like this comment

All you are capable of is spewing hateful partisan bile at your betters.

You don't even know me, my views, my politics, yet you're going to label me as "hateful" and "partisan." I understand that it's scary to buy into a failing world view. However I think it's interesting how you're exactly what you preach against. Considering your choice of labeling me, it obviously signifies that you've picked a side and you clearly think I'm not a part of it. So considering who's espousing these views, who's really the one "spewing hateful partisan pile." To steal some old words of wisdom "He who smelt it, dealt it."

And yeah about the username, I #ing hate hatriots and people who masquerade as "true Americans" while wanting to subvert my freedoms and dictate how I should live and think. Palin is absolutely one of the symbols and was the projected leader of this ideology that has desiccated and robbed America of it's greatness. And yet here you come to pick a fight over what?

Palin is a failed retard. Once the sexual fantasy ended and people actually started listening to what she was saying, she was on a quick shuttle to obscurity.

Sorry that your feelings got hurt.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by PatesHatriots]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Sarah Palin has become a product to be manufactured and marketed and sold to conservatives just like Hanna Montana was created, marketed and sold to teenage girls. It's the American way; create a product, no matter how shabby and bogus, put fuel in the hype machine, and reap the profits.

Yup, you got that right. Maybe when the human species rises to a higher level of evolution, we'll stop falling for this crap, save our money, and donate it to candidates who will actually do something good for Americans.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Oops..

[edit on 17-5-2010 by NightGypsy]

<< 1   >>

join