It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger's solution to California's budget woes: End welfare

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Oh yeah, a cross section of what, 2% of the population are a big part of the blame for this...?
Maybe its a smaller percentage than that actually...Politicians, Bankers, Insurance Companies, Wall Streeters...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Illegals are a big problem, but not the biggest problem as too why we are having bad times in the U.S.A. right now.

This is just the accumulated affect starting in the mid 1990's of ridding of our one thing that made us strong, Manufacturing.
In an Economy based world like we have and have had for 1000's of years, you have to produce things in order to survive. You can't go from making the most in the world to being the 20th on the list without a major fallout.

If we want to make things better, we have to make things at home. They made a good ride of it, and most got all the junk in the world for a while, but now it's time to do some re-setting.

It's time too shake DC down to it's core and bring back what we need.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

NO, NO , NO, NO...Please! Cheer Schwarzenegger on !!! Yes, cheer Arizona on!!! This is going to solve all of our problems. Let's take this s#it out on the immigrants, the poor, and those SO STUPID as to pick from the "low-hanging fruit" in the USA.
PEOPLE!!! WAKE UP!!! Can't you see where this is going? You can't see the agenda in everything that's going on right now???? This is it!!! This is FINAL countdown...they want us to turn against each other here...start out small. A group they LET happen, one that's easy blame, one that almost seems "different"
People are rallying about rounding up illegals into FEMA Camps???? My GOD, YES YES YES You are PERFORMING marvelously!!! This is exactly where & how the final war against US begins...here it comes. Pretty soon you'll all get to use your pretty lil guns...against each other.

I'm right there with you... It's all about to begin.

and shame on many ATSers for falling for the deception.

Such a disgrace to see so many people supporting this crap... especially on ATS.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by dzonatas

is there an outside source
describing how this works? you've gotten me curious now....

if, true, this would bl ow my little ole mind!!

It's true, yet I doubt you'll find any outside source unless they have lived it. Those that probably have lived it aren't stuck inside and want out.

It's blown my mind for the past 20+ years how great these words have looked on paper where everybody seems to support, until you actually live it and find out how it really works.

When they put in the news *someone wants to cut welfare* then the immediate reaction is the stupidness we see in this thread where people don't have no freak'n clue of how the so-called welfare system in California actually works.

This isn't the first time I've tried to explain it, but even the mods on ATS still don't understand it when they close my thread about it, read my quote here: FORCED Healthcare as signed into law. It explains CLEARLY in that STATE law how healthcare "welfare" is paid directly by other "the other parent" or "somebody in 'aid' status" (Note: Even though I clearly brought up STATE law, the second poster stupidly complained it doesn't apply to all 50 states, DUH! I wasn't talking federal there, that's why I made another thread! *facepalm*)

That example may be about healthcare, yet doesn't work any different for the rest of 'welfare'. Just replace 'insurance agency' with one of the 'welfare-to-work agencies' and it is the same.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
California is ending welfare subsidies for its own citizens, but you can bet that any welfare payments given to illegal immigrants will continue.

It makes California look like they don't care about their own citizens when illegal immigrants have more rights than LEGAL immigrants or Americans.

It's time that California stopped criticizing Arizona and followed suit.

Why is the California Government still insisting on funding emergency services, prison costs, health care, and education for illegals when it can't even help out the poorest residents of the state who are either Americans or LEGAL immigrants paying taxes?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

NO, NO , NO, NO...Please! Cheer Schwarzenegger on !!! Yes, cheer Arizona on!!! This is going to solve all of our problems. Let's take this s#it out on the immigrants, the poor, and those SO STUPID as to pick from the "low-hanging fruit" in the USA.
PEOPLE!!! WAKE UP!!! Can't you see where this is going? You can't see the agenda in everything that's going on right now???? This is it!!! This is FINAL countdown...they want us to turn against each other here...start out small. A group they LET happen, one that's easy blame, one that almost seems "different"
People are rallying about rounding up illegals into FEMA Camps???? My GOD, YES YES YES You are PERFORMING marvelously!!! This is exactly where & how the final war against US begins...here it comes. Pretty soon you'll all get to use your pretty lil guns...against each other.

Common thing California attorneys say about people like you... "there is a sucker born everyday."

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Why is the California Government still insisting on funding emergency services, prison costs, health care, and education for illegals when it can't even help out the poorest residents of the state who are either Americans or LEGAL immigrants paying taxes?

You don't get it. To put an end to the welfare-to-work programs is helping them!

Stop trying to look at a program called 'welfare-to-work' and call it 'ending welfare' because it surely is not that. California doesn't have any socialized welfare. It's just a program with the name 'welfare' added to it to make it "another pretty face".

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

deleted due to my own editing

[edit on 16-5-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I can understand where many of your hearts are, especially when someone invokes images of starving babies.

But folks! But folks, get a grip! We can't spend on defense issues equal to the the amount the REST of the world spends and keep that up forever! We gotta cut corners someplace! I know, hit the disinfranchised, the poor, the middle-class, and especially those that can't even vote. That is good politics. A fact of life of politics.

The new dawning to Washington is that the average American is fed up with illegals and wants a government, any government, to stop allowing it to go on. The public festering has reached an emotional pinnacle and TPTB have found (belatedly) a well-deserving scapegoat. Their desires for new voters has been swept aside by more pressing money issues that cannot be avoided. California, like Greece, simply cannot change the hand it has dealt itself and the federal government has a whole bunch of states lining up to demand help also.

Of course, there will be riots by the illegals, but what leg do they have to stand on? How quickly will the term "terrorist" be applied to them and with more than a little just cause?

It is easy to foresee much bad blood between the US and Mexico as the southward exodus starts following growing confrontations across America.

Who will be to blame? Basically, it will be the politicians that have allowed it to happen. However, the blame will be put upon the average American that wanted none of this from the beginning.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by ..5..
The best thing for Cali would be to go bankrupt and break the union contracts. Start over from scratch.

that is EXACTLY what needs to happen!!!
a complete re-boot

Yep...then we can start them all at minimum wage, with no benefits...it's good for the economy...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We can fight wars yet we can't feed the poor.

That's how it is huh?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

The welfare system as we know it must be greatly reduced. This is obvious. But there is a right way and a wrong way to accomplish this.
We haven't figured out what the "right" way, is.

It's extraordinarily complicated. Frankly I've been studying it for years, and so have many others. Almost every University in the country studies it, trying to find solutions. Many solutions are even more expensive than the current method. When I say "expensive", I mean that in a very broad way.

One thing is for sure. "Cold Turkey" is not the answer. Maybe California will be the first to test it. Good luck, because they are going to need it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
well this Plan also should go to the state's that has Illegals !

Arizona for one ! but who going to do the lawn for your Churches! or who is going to serve the Homeless at the Soup Kitchens in California ! ? ohh well
I guess they will have to (pay)hire people or get an the OLD retire to do the JOB!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is an extremely poor decision, the repercussions of which he can't imagine.

If you call people waking up from their slumber "repercussions"...

This will never, never work. The Feds will have to step in on this one.

You mean Daddy-Government has to come to the rescue again? No, the poor in California need to learn to step up their game.

they can step in to do damage control with the National Guard.

Implying that the military step in to enforce "equality"?

This is targeting the poor regardless of legal status.

Expecting people to work for a living is not "targeting the poor". Its normal.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The sociological effects would be devestating.

In states that offer less welfare the effects have been good actually.

In a state that is experiencing economic issues which results in lower availability of jobs what the hell will the people whom have subsided on welfare do?

They`ll just have to start looking after themselves, right? Its sloth that got California into trouble in the first place.

This is the stupidest thing I have heard

Really, the stupidest?

the pseudo informed middle class

where does this attack on the middle class come from?

they are going to feel the effects on increased crime et cetera.

"you give me money or I make crime"

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Two words.

"Won't Happen"

Political attention grabber ploy.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Its amazing how many Humanitarian defenders are on this site. You make yourselves look like idiots most of the time because you chose to defend all that is wrong. Example: You want to jump to the illegal immigrants side to stick up for them as if they have done no wrong in creating our deficit. Thats where you look like a idiots. You defend the very people that do nothing at all for our economy. NOTHING! Sponges thats it. I say round them all up and send them back to their own craphole they came from. Send them all back and you will see the deficit change big time... You wont get it until god forbid if you ever need any kind of government assistance and you cant get it because we are spoon feeding them everything we have.

I think Arnold is going about it all the wrong way though. I will say that much..

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Yes, I can see through to the hidden agenda. He kills several minorities

Actually the agenda is not hidden but wide out in the open, clearly stated.

And he is not killing minorities but helping them not to be dependent on the state.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

You said:

"You mean Daddy-Government has to come to the rescue again? No, the poor in California need to learn to step up their game."

More likely the politicians in California are needing to learn how to step up their game. This idea is no-win. But you are indeed right on one thing. The American people might tire of bailing out California.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I hear alot of complaining and zero solutions. If anyone of you guys think you have better solutions then by all means run for office. It's easy for people to talk it but never easy for people to walk it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join