It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger's solution to California's budget woes: End welfare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is how martial law gets declared.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I may be totally ignorant on this subject, but I was always under the impression that Illegals actually worked or they wouldn't eat and would never be eligible for welfare. If they do get welfare that needs to be addressed rather than stopping welfare for all, especially in this climate.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This almost seems too perfect for TPTB.

Step 1- Cut off Aid to the poor and homeless (people riot and up rise as a result)

Step 2- Send in national guard to quell decent and keep protests at bay

Step 3-Put "criminals" (people who are trying to get by) in jail to clean up the streets

Step 4- No jail space left so time to start using those good old FEMA camps for "Housing and feeding purposes"

Step 5- Enslavement complete

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
People rely on these benefits. Contrary to what some believe, there are many who really would be doomed to homelessness - legal and illegal alike - if this were to happen. Not everyone on welfare is lazy, an illegal immigrant, or simply not trying hard enough to find work. In fact, there are many people on some form of welfare or another who actually do work for a living, even without any of the niceties people often tell those people to go without to save money (cable, etc.)

I myself live in a two income home. It's a small apartment. We don't have cable. We only have marginal internet. We don't own a car. We don't pay for gas (for our nonexistent car.) We use mas transit. We don't pay for water. All we pay for is our portion of the rent, (heating) gas and electricity, and this internet connection (which is only 30 dollars a month.) We have done a lot to reduce our electric bill. We budget down to the last cent. If we were to lose our housing subsidy, we would be on the street. I grew up in and out of homeless shelters, and if this happens I'll be returning to my childhood nightmare existence at the age of 28. We won't be alone.

We also depend on public health coverage for chronic health conditions.

This cannot be allowed to happen in my opinion, and while I, as always, respect the views of everyone who disagrees with me, I do not understand the positions of those who support these measures given the above facts.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

California is doing what the Federal Government should have done long ago.
End Social Programs. Perhaps if they start lowering real estate values by 2/3's
in California, people can start feeling less financial pressure.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Welfare needs to be regulated more not just turned off. People who have 20 kids and dont want to work need the welfare taken away. People who are in a wheelchair and cant work need our help.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

is there an outside source
describing how this works? you've gotten me curious now....

if, true, this would bl ow my little ole mind!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Really, it's just another way of saying without meaning to, he's going to follow in the footsteps of Arizona.

He's doing it the smarter way. Why waste resources rounding people up when you can cut off their resources? They will pick up and leave on their own.

Good luck to him though. People will probably riot.

Yes Probably. Another thing is to look at the boredom factor. Keeping away from boredom requires money. Bored kids cause problems by getting into mischief I believe bored adults could be worse.

This could happen on a grand scale. Either way society will have to pay but the gated communities will be able to watch it safely on TV.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Text He's doing it the smarter way. Why waste resources rounding people up when you can cut off their resources? They will pick up and leave on their own. Good luck to him though. People will probably riot.

Then they'll declare martial law and get us used to having our own military on US soil so they can 'protect' us.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

It's not a bad idea. Let the poor move to Utah.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

The only thing about HCR is that is going to switch the burden of the care for the poor to the tax payer in the state once the Federal government stop funding.

The HCR is not the sweet deal people thing they are getting, if Arnold wants to cut state funding then how will he be able to abide by guide lines of the HCR, actually Medicaids all over the nations states will face increases and hardship.

I saw the budget numbers and the cuts that Arnold wants to do and I don't thing he will be able to get away with it but then again how will he get the funding to keep up with the expenses in the state.

Is all about the thing at the end, when your industrial base is outsourced, turned into cheap labor or completely destroyed by government policies is not way to produce wealth for the individual states and then the deficits take hold less generated income meas less taxable income

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well I am going to add my opinion here, taking into consideration that before the Federal government default do to financial stress and low economic recovery states are the first to go.

Even the Federal government tax income has decline due to unemployment and lower wages.

Once the Federal aid starts to dry out so the states will start defaulting one at a time or all of them at the same time.

Like I say wait for the mammoth HCR to take place then wait when the baby boomers start to leech what is not longer there their hard earned SS and retirement accounts along with Medicare.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I agree but do you know that the defense budget is not all for the military? the big bad lie, most of the funding for the defense budget goes to private contractors that is where the money for the defense is been leeching too

Been America run by big corporations do not expect the leeching to stop anytime soon.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

As everything in the nation the individual states are the ones that dictate how their state laws are to be enforced, when it comes to illegal immigrants each state have their own way to deal with, most allow certain services to illegal others are more strict and some more just ignore the problems.

Since 1996 Medicaid is not longer available for illegal immigrants when it comes to federal laws unless is in emergency but states around allow illegals to fall under Medicaid clauses.

Or under other state subside health care coverage for the poor

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"The only thing about HCR is that it's going to switch the burden of the care for the poor to the tax payer in the state once the Federal government stop funding. " Marg
Yes, and worse. State's won't have the money, and social service agencies such as soup kitchens, shelters, Salvation Army,and churches (who have food pantries) will be completely overwhelmed. This is for the ones who will try to seek help in a legal manner. So, essentially, it puts it back on the private citizen, through donations.

But what will happen, is what he wants to happen. The poor will go elsewhere, at least the ones who can.

I wonder what his plans are for those who are unable to relocate? Relocation is not as easy as it sounds. Maybe they can live underneath those fine bridges LA has. Or maybe live in the dumps like people do in Guatemala. Maybe they will rename LA "New Guatemala!

Maybe he can designate some of the parks as "tent cities", and people can go begging in Beverly Hills.
Now, there's a thought Arnold! I bet those folks have enough in the garbage containers every week to feed a family of four!

Maybe all the poor whites/blacks will go to Arizona.

Maybe they won't mind helping the legally poor.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Only time will tell us exactly what the repercussions will be. While many don't like Schwarzenegger, he has the same problems many of us have, no one listens or takes him seriously. So, just because he asks for something, doesn't mean he'll get it.

From what I've read about the CalWORKs program, it was a disaster from the start, cutting it is the best plan.

Here is a link to Schwarzenegger's speech followed by questions and answers.

Governor Schwarzenegger Unveils 2010-11 Revised State Budget Proposal

"Now as you know, I presented my budget for this year in January and it solved our $19.9 billion deficit. But several things, of course, have changed in the last five months. First of all, I asked our legislators for $8.9 billion in solutions and after a special session of two and a half months they came up with $1.3 billion in solutions. Of course, by not dealing with the whole problem we lost time. And time is money. As a matter of fact, it cost the state an extra $2.8 billion by not having those solutions solved."

gov.ca.gov...

To dzonatas

You shouldn't slander a govenator that hasn't accepted a single paycheck from the state as an income for his whole time in office. That's right... he hasn't received an income for being governator.

for Schwarzenegger, he gets paid exactly what the others deserve to be paid. Overpaid politicians are a huge part of the problem.

I wonder if the "extra $2.8 billion" he spoke of included what went to the legislators for that "special session of two and a half months".

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The problems in California are not limited to California is just that California used to be one fo the few states that were able to generate more taxable income for the Federal government back in the days when California was full of high income earners.

Is many states around the nation right now increasing taxes and cutting from education to services, my state that happen to be wealthfare state is cutting education like crazy but when it comes to government workers they are not cutting anything.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rothmans

There's no money down here either. If they actually paid attention to the country they're invading, they would've known this before they even got here.

Again, they may not be the ONLY reason this country is scewed right now, but they're a big part of it.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lisa12
reply to post by antonia

Then they'll declare martial law and get us used to having our own military on US soil so they can 'protect' us.

The chaos must begin first. I do believe Cali is going to way of Greece. The other states are very unlikely to support a bailout. This is what it's coming to as their obligations are far more than they have laying around. Personally, I'd get the hell out of that state. I've been advising it for the last 4 years.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

NO, NO , NO, NO...Please! Cheer Schwarzenegger on !!! Yes, cheer Arizona on!!! This is going to solve all of our problems. Let's take this s#it out on the immigrants, the poor, and those SO STUPID as to pick from the "low-hanging fruit" in the USA.
PEOPLE!!! WAKE UP!!! Can't you see where this is going? You can't see the agenda in everything that's going on right now???? This is it!!! This is FINAL countdown...they want us to turn against each other here...start out small. A group they LET happen, one that's easy blame, one that almost seems "different"
People are rallying about rounding up illegals into FEMA Camps???? My GOD, YES YES YES You are PERFORMING marvelously!!! This is exactly where & how the final war against US begins...here it comes. Pretty soon you'll all get to use your pretty lil guns...against each other.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join