It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Ocean Floor Rising - 13ft Per Day! Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
This is not true.
There is no creditable data or information on this online.
15 feet per day would be noticeable to every living person on the coast by now.
I've been following your recent posts, and find your level of "research" to be concerning.
You should spend more time "checking your facts" before throwing them in the cage with all the "worry warts".

BUT.....

Did you check with Mr Basiago?

Hmmmm?

And you presume to complain about other people's research.....

Tsk....tsk.....tsk.....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
something appears odd.

no data is available from the station mentioned (55023), or from the nearby station 55022 since the 12th.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8f743fb2e25.png[/atsimg]

and the csiro map shows up ??? cooler temp and bigger current around the spot of the 55023 station.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/999694730716.png[/atsimg]

link below is for above image. can't see the right side as i cant at a scrollbar for it (yet)

[edit on 16-5-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Did you check with Mr Basiago?

I tried ...but he quickly ran off to DARPA and he went time traveling before I could question him...

Damn, he is a tricky little scammer.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Im at the northern beaches north of Townsville , Qld , Australia .
2 days ago the high tide was huge , right up against the bush/beach line , ive been here for 5 yrs , and have never seen the tide level this high even in spring , not saying it has any connection , but strange to say the least , something is goin on , thanks for the info.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Interesting find there Citizen, nice to see people looking to support both sides of the debate rather than just competing to write someone off.

The way I see it these days is that nothing can truely be 'written off' as even the data that some respond with cannot truely be verified. Many of the sites people link data from have a history of inaccuracies or anomalies and most 'evidence' is at best third hand.

Knowing this, the 'evidence' upon which counter-claims are made, has around the same validity as the evidence that is used to support the claims themselves.

The fact of the matter is; we only know what we read and are taught. This becomes the generally accepted 'fact', but is not always an actual fact that we can prove as such.

Two quotes come to mind here:

“Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.”

Mahatma Gandhi

“Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.”

Anthony Robbins

I apologise for going a little off-topic.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

King tides aren't rare in Townsville...

Since being there for 5 years I would have thought you'd have known this?

''It's usually the houses on the corner which seem to cop it the worst - poor Mrs Mills gets it every year,'' she said. ''If you want to sightsee park your car on the street and get out and walk. Think of the residents before you make bow waves.
''I've been here five years and it seems to be this one king tide every year that really floods.''

Seventh St resident Naomi Smith said most long term residents were well aware of the king tide and had taken appropriate preparations.

''On our street we all say this is our king tide birthday because it happens at the same time every year,'' she said.

''I've moved the car to higher ground and if you have prepared properly, it can be fun for the kids.

www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Data Buoys link. Currently, there is no data being reported from #55023 = STB Coral Sea, nor from #55012 - also STB Coral Sea.

Not uncommon for a databuoy to not be reporting -- you can see from the NOAA map that there are several around the world not reporting.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I foound this article from April 2010 about rising seafloors, the science community thinks it is fully possible.

Hot Mantle May Prop Up The Sea Floor.

The seas may be rising due to climate change, but most of the seafloor is also dropping as part of the natural dynamics of Earth's crust. The question that has dogged scientists for decades, however, is why hasn't the ocean bottom sunk faster? An exhaustive analysis of the Pacific Ocean seabed may provide at least part of the answer—though experts think important questions remain.

Earth's crust is like an ice field floating atop the ocean. As tectonic plates move away from each other, the underlying mantle wells up between them. This process builds underwater mountain ranges, such as the central ridges of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The mantle also heats the plates near this upwelling, making them more buoyant—and thus raising the seafloor. As the new crust cools, it sinks under its own weight—a process called subsidence—so the seafloor should be deeper the farther it is from a mid-ocean ridge.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
First of all the el ninjo is moderate and does have a effect on sea rising. It is a sientific fact that the sea level is different in certain areas. The indian sea is usually lower because of evaporating seawater that is fasther than the water that is supposed to compensate.

But if this is out of balance it is logical that the anomaly can change. In Australie the climate has been extremely dry the last years.

It is not global warming!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I am in Wa in the Desert. My altitude is 440m. In the distance there may be a slight level of land mass poking up, but it could also be a mirage. Not sure though. There is a red moon though could it mean..... no it couldn't, I hope...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

The question is, for how long (days/months) will the water keep rising?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You're all gonna need Chadwickus' underwater bike!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Our house (Caribbean) is 12 feet above high tide. I'm fairly sure I would've noticed even a 2-foot gain in the sea's elevation, let alone 13. Tropical cyclones can temporarily "stack" water, but even that eventually evens out after the influence has passed.

Don't worry; if I wake up some bright morning and there is sea at my door, I'll be certain to let you all know.

High Seas in Eastern/Northern OZ for the next 24-hours -- aka weather

CIMSS

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

13 feet per day? Yeah alright.. funny how all the structures are still standing and roads intact. If that was happening we would have had massive earthquakes, the tectonic plate we're on would have split in half and we'd be plunged into absolute chaos.

or is this maybe happening in that other dimension where New Zealand is out of place?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
massive gas drilling has commenced in Queensland.

It could be that where the bouys are situated in the coral sea,
an underwater vent could have opened up or disturbed, pushing up hot water or gas from the seabed. this could disrupt the bouys accuracy in measuring the sea floor depth.

the earlier charts show current flows (disturbance) centered in that area.

or it could be that the bouy's broken or started sinking, sending up false data until it went 'off air' when it went too deep.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have not read every post in this thread.
When I saw the ocean floor was rising that much I thought of two things. The first was earth quakes, the second would be a volcano.
Hear is a link to a USGS map that will show earthquakes in the reagon. If this is the start of a volcano it would seem as if its going to cause some major damage and loss of life.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

call me crazy , but i got the general idea of this thread and the first thing that came to my mind was Edgar Cysey and heres why !..

www.scribd.com...

looks like one of his predictions is coming true yet again .

worth keeping an eye on

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Pocky

Andrew Basiago who was used as a child in top secret time travel experiments with jumpgate technology, went to the year 2013 were he saw Washington DC submerged under water with green shrubbery growing on it. Oh great, so it doesn't end up being caused by a 2012 cataclysm but by these money grubbing corporations?

Anybody can listen to his interview on Coasttocoastam through youtube.

Well now for some reason Washington DC being submerged underwater doesn't sound like such a bad thing.

I thought this was why they were moving the whole shabang to Denver?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRQuick

Originally posted by SubPop79
Screw Australia, I want to know why Station 41424 is pulsating off the coast of South Carolina. According to the chart, a pulsating icon is a "Tsunami station in event mode."

Whaaaat? If accurate, this isn't good news for me!

Me neither! I'm in VA right near DC, so we could watch a tsunami together. I got some walkie talkies. But seriously, who here knows how to properly read that website? I searched for the Station's activity from May 1st to the 16th, and it is showing that the rate at which the ocean is rising and fall, by 6 feet approximately, is increasing in frequency, and the icon is still pulsing indicating "Tsunami station in event mode." As there are no Tsunami warnings, what could this be if not a tsunami?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join