It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you willing to act alone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am curious what people think about this.

Let's say that martial law happens because of food shortages. Weather or not this is plausible, and weather or not it happens because of food being to expensive, or just plain shortages doesn't matter. Now, let's say there is all out war in the USA(just using the US as an example, please don't feel left out), military vs militia/gangs/rambos. You are hungry, your family is hungry, you all need water. There is nowhere to go. The streets are covered with roving gangs hunting food, and killing people. What do you do?

Let's say for example, you are a person of religious background, and you are a person of faith, or you are one of these types of people who preach peace and prosperity. What is your next course of action? Do you;

Turn into rambo, and begin killing to feed your family?

Are you prepared with food stores?

How far are you willing to go to protect your food? Are you willing to organize and begin killing people who pose threat? How do you determine a threat?

What if the military knocks on your door right now and tells you that they need to search your premises for weapons, and confiscate anything they consider a weapon? Would you call your neighbor down the street to warn them? Do you have any plan for this event? What type of thought do you put towards this? If any...

How do you know at what point you are going to feel the need to act?

When do you say, no you cannot come into my home or i will kill you where you stand!

This is all hypothetical. I am not suggesting any of this will happen. But i am curious as to what people think about this.

Let's just say that the internet is down, the tv stations have been put on emergency broadcast.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As the police crackdown, as there is more laws created, more control being taken. As your rights are slowly being taken away, these are questions that you are going to have to ask yourself.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Heck no, I'm not going it alone. This is the mindset that THEY want you to have. They want you to think that your family and supplies are threatened by others so that you will go it alone and they can pick us off one by one.

The only way to overcome is to UNIFY.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't stand there and take that foreseen hunger time and time again or take that foreseen search time and time again. I'd go out an honorable man who took his own life only to enter into Paradise where I get the last laugh over the crooked, wicked, wrecked world.

For it is honorable to go out on your own terms than be left in troubles under somebody else's terms.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

There will be no unifying without communication.

You are going to have to make a choice, on the spot, without consulting anyone. Hypothetical.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They'll be enough food, but not enough money left to go round to buy it. The bottom 40 percent of the population in the United States own less than 1 percent of the nation’s wealth. Inflation will mean prices of basic foods like bread will be higher than the poorest can afford. Invest at least 20-30% of your earnings into silver and gold otherwise you may starve like the 7 million in the 1930's.

cnmnewsnetwork.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

There will be no unifying without communication.

You are going to have to make a choice, on the spot, without consulting anyone. Hypothetical.

How do you think they did it in the old days? Before the invention of the telephone, or the internet.

People talked, they shared information verbally. How do you think civil wars started in England, France, America, etc. long before the use of electronic communications?

There doesn't need to be any "communications" in order for people to talk, and unite.

Team work! This is the only answer.

Divide and be conquered or stand united. The choice is yours.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I am not asking about the hypothetical situation in which causes this event. I am asking about, when there is military vehicles rolling around the streets, and door to door presence searching and seizing.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

You are not talking about a society riddled with intelligence agencies and far superior technology, such as;

Listening devices, infrared, unmanned aircraft. Who knows what else? What's the movie where they map out the building with cellphones? Batman? Who knows what they are capable of with these satellites.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Learn how to grow or find food and set up a neighbourhood network if you can so everybody knows what to do if the military,mercs, or gangsters begin breaking through doors.

I believe they have this sort of system in some neighbourhoods in Iraq where neighbours form their own protective force.

If you grow some of your own food the shock of a sabotaged or destroyed food supply system, which incidentally, is presently being slowly dismantled convertly by the PTB through nutritional value loss, smaller packaging\volume while prices go up to raise more profit, GMO problems, pollution from food transport (thousands of miles in some cases), nasty vaccinated, pesticided, genetic engineered, hormone-laced veggies and meats...Refined sugars...

Todays food is not food. Grow your own, no matter how little, and tell your neighbours too... You might need that skill someday, to grow bumper crops, under friendly protection of course.
:
:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
First off there's no damn reason that humanity as long as we've existed should be as primitive as we are. We are only this way because "evil" PTB have opressed us and our own evolution/advancement.

There are people in India who can go without food. There are people who can manifest their own food out of light, through MPO-LERM or LEOM. This stuff should be known to us.

But if anything, learn to be self sufficient. We can learn to be so, we are thinking beings, we dont have to resort to such violence.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well first i would go into the bush there are alot of plants and veggies there so i would survive. Second if someone was hungry and needed food even if there was a shortage i would at least feed them for as long as i could. Third I would try to find water in under ground springs to quench my thirst. Fourth when it comes to the cops let them check for guns since i dont have one i have nothing to hide (lol) as far as praying---well i would ask god to help but i wouldnt wait to it to happen thats for sure.

If the internet or tvs were down i would think of this as a blessing because it would be hard for them to track me down or post my pic on tv lol

i would try to look at the better situation then sit and mope about the situation.

Thank god that hasn't happened where i live yet and i hope it never does :]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I find it interesting to note that few if any have answered this hypothetical directly.

Granting all of the assumptions you've made

I would not turn into Rambo and murder innocent people to feed my loved ones.

I am better then most of the population in the preparedness department, but not comfortable yet (Is there anyone that could make that statement?)

I will protect my food/gear/etc to the best of my ability. If I am in a position to be charitable, I will be.

If the Military knocked on my door asking for my weapons (and after the weapons, anything valuable or useful if you are a realistic thinker), personally, I would not surrender my stuff. If the political/economic situation has progressed to that point all they are presenting me with is 'the Ogre's choice': die fast or die slow. Prior to this, I hopefully would have had the sense to ask anyone with me where they stand on this issue. If I were alone in my sentiment, I would attempt to get them out of harm's way before the confrontation.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You have asked a question that I and I alone know until the time comes to act. I would certainly not broadcast my plans on the Internet.

Loose lips sink ships.

Some believe in survival of the fittest but I believe in survival of the most clever and crafty.

Anyone with good sense should have been preparing years ago.

The answer to the question of if we will have a WW3 has always been when not if.

Being born right after WW2 and living through the cold war tends to make one always prepared for another war.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The situation that you describe would mean a TOTAL BREAKDOWN in society, which means the country is chaos and the govt no longer has control, akin to fighting several fires at the same time.

Their resources would be stretched and protection of the civilians would take last priority. The powerful, the rich, the connected, the priviledged will only be the ones who will get heavy protection.

You, the common man, would have to live as best as you can.

1. There is no chance you can survive alone, from maruading gangs. Gather your family, relatives and friends, pack up your belongings and head for the hills where there are water sources.

Avoid cities, as that is where hoardes of hungry gangs will roam and pick off people easily one by one with ease and need not travel far to do so.

The most critical item is a radio, to listen for broadcast which will be your comms link to the authorities, should they manage to stabilized or the victor seized control.

2. Build a stockade , strengthen it and live off the land.

3. Should the army arrives and demand you hand over your weapons, try to negotiate with them. They too, may be marauding gangs that broke off from official status.

If it fails, then you will have defend your home, because if you hand over your weapons, you are likely to be murdered now or later, so might as go in a blaze of glory than to be stepped upon like an ant.

4. Humans are a resource. Build up your turf, expand it to include more people into your organisation. Those gangs are also only humans and hungry. They need guidance and hope that had been denied by a govt and those in authority whom had failed them.

Bring them in and then set rules for community behaviours and share responsibilities as you share resources. Continue to build it up until you have a strong force state size, and then try to restore order to the state.

Let the Constitution be the guide and ruled by men, not dictator, so that checks and balances can be ensured that excesses do not happened or are minimised.

May such an issue not happen, but by the looks of things, if the NWO continues on with its charade....

Just my 2cts

top topics

join