It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Wormholes tranversable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Go to the link and tell me what you think!
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Warhappy]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, I've read Thorne's Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy from which this material (at least the set of images) seems to be taken. I think this excerpt is a very selective one. If you mean traversable, as in by people, I think the parts of that chapter that were left out need to be considered.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Another solution might be the conversion of matter into energy (i.e. beam me up Scotty), and then back into matter, as energy is said to be able to traverse a normal (i.e. without exotic matter) wormhole....

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well now all we have to do is create an aircraft that can go through the wormholes...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thats one big equation. Imagine having to derive that. I've derived other physics equations in my physics lab but this one goes out of proportion for me lol.

Could these be the "classified" equations that are not supposed to be given out to man?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No, it's not a special equation at all. It is a so-called metric equation from general relativity. There are much larger equations like the Kerr-Newman metric, which describes a spinning black hole.

The standard black hole equation is the Schwarzschild metric (source):

Notice the similarity with the equation in the link. The Kerr-Newman metric is much larger and can be found here, where it takes 5 lines to describe it. All in all, the metric solutions are not secret equations.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by amantine]

new topics

top topics

join