It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Glenn Beck "uncovering" the "Conspiracy" of the Millenium?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by epic_eccentricity13
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well Bill Maher states things with clarity, logic, and common sense. So yeah things by him could be taken seriously to an extent. That's silly really, why even ask that question. Hah. Bill Maher was a lousy comparison anyway. Can anyone honestly see Bill Maher involving himself in anything like that? It's not where his tastes lie. If you want to throw out liberal vs. conservative slurs, you should have said Michael Moore. There, I've helped you out with your next one.

Well dear god I hope he starts soon, maybe people will listen, I don't care who the messenger is, even god used a donkey .

[edit on 103131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by epic_eccentricity13

Another attempt to misdirect.
Get away from the name calling.
Present us with some hard evidence that show Beck has not quoted the characters correctly.
I've read his sources, have you? Have these individuals not been quoted correctly? Are certain organizations not linked as they show on their own websites? Do these organizations not have their agenda spelled out directly on their own web pages?
Call the Red Phone.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you wanted this theory taken seriously, a good idea would have been to post your own research about it. You mentioned the biggest tool of the century in your thread title. What did you expect? It seems like you wanted this to happen. A thread with only the facts/research should have been presented. Then it could have been looked at seriously in an unbiased fashion.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Lol. Good one.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Great post! It seems to me that the ones who are having trouble with the message are the ones who hate Beck, or Fox News. To the OP, S&F for you.
Those of you who hate Beck should watch on Founders Fridays. You might learn something. I am currently reading a biography of George Washington, one that is pretty much told from the point of view of Washington and his friends and aquaintences. Much of the information is in Washington's own words, through letters he wrote to family and friends.
While I was very interested in history in years gone past, I had lost my interest. It is though people like Glen Beck, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul that have regained my passion for the founding of America.
Storm, I agree. Watch the program for the next few weeks. If you don't like Beck, then try to put that out of your mind, and just get the information. You can always go online and research it.
None of us should take anything we hear from the media (any media) at face value. All of the members of ATS need to take the advice of Thomas Jefferson, from a letter he wrote to his nephew, expounding the use of reason. "Question with boldness even the very existence of God; because, if their is one, he must approve of the homage of reason, that that of blind-folded fear."

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

I'm sorry. I do so enjoy a good opportunity to call out fools. (Glenn Beck) I will openly admit that. I've read a little into this research and frankly, connections can be made into a lot of things. Some may be true, some may not. God forbid we all start shoving it down our throats as truth. Honestly, as I said previously, Beck should have never been mentioned in this thread if the true topic were to be taken seriously. Hundreds dislike Beck and the garbage he has spewed. He is like a circus act. And if he wanted to start telling truths one day, then his pulpit on Fox News isn't exactly the best place to do it. Get off Fox, apologize for the nonsense and fear mongering and THEN make up for it by reporting truth. He has yet to do that. Regardless of the connections in this conspiracy theory.

And Glenn Beck should not be compared to Ron Paul.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alttracks
reply to post by romanmel

I just read your post.
I see only your personal opinion about an individual and a magazine.
No factual information.

[edit on 5/16/2010 by alttracks]

Hear it from his own lips...He HATES 9-11 victems families and Katrina victems.

www.youtube.com...

This guy is a sleezey fellow. All I am saying is be careful in whom you place your confidence.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by romanmel]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by epic_eccentricity13

And I wish to clarify that I know it was not you who mentioned Ron Paul and Glenn Beck in the same sentence. I was only making that statement.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Although Beck may be drawing some wrong conclusions or being led down the rosy path, (I question everything on TV and the internet.), it is up to the viewer to check into Beck's claims. As it is to question even government actions. These are my personal opinions.
Again I ask. Are his supporting facts wrong, misquoted or correct?
Lets get away from the opinions on his motives and character and question the information he gives us.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If Glenn Beck was honestly making progress in airing the truth his bosses in the MSM would silence him a la Lou Dobbs. The job of all MSM personnel is to disinform...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have posted information on Strong several times on this forum and others.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 033131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

Your links aren't really damning or alarming at all. A bunch of information on Esperanto and Soros' interest in the language? It is an immense leap of "logic" trying to tie Esperanto (which I've always found to be an interesting/noble/intelligent conceptual language) to some world-government conspiracy to kill us all. The only thing your links prove is that Soros is inspired by efforts to eliminate the dangers of rabid nationalism and foster communication between people that normally speak different languages. And speaking for myself and many other anti-nationalists I've heard opinions from- people are NOT for a giant, powerful one-world-government that controls us all, what people are for is the elimination of nationalism, borders, nation-states, POWERFUL/CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS, and all the things that divide the masses against each other; really we're all more similar to each other than to the rich/powerful elites that control our countries and send us off to kill each other based on racial/ethnic propaganda.

Also, on page 4 of your thread you link to "Lord" Monckton (he's not actually part of the House of Lords, though he falsely claims he is). Just seeing his name I know he's going to be full of sh*t. He's a pathological liar, twists facts, makes them up, gets them dead wrong, and he has an OBVIOUS agenda of propaganda he's pushing. If there's any conspiracy to manipulate people, HE'S part of it, and it's RIGHT-WING. Everybody should do their homework on that bug-eyed slimeball Monckton:

scienceblogs.com...

www.realclimate.org...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Bottom line is this:

The title of the thread is: "Is Glenn Beck "uncovering" the "Conspiracy" of the Millenium?"

The answer is NO, as in the past, he is executing a fraud, IMO.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by darrellk

How was Lou Dobbs "silenced"? He wasn't fired from CNN. He resigned MONTHS after his Birtherism destroyed the last shred of credibility CNN had. Beck had killed the rest of it prior to that during his employment there. That along with CNN's inability to question Bush in the run up to the Iraq war like the rest of the lapdog media.

Dobbs also still has his radio show. How is that being silenced?

And not even Glenn Beck buys into the Birther conspiracy theory when he damn near believes everything else and then makes up even more of his own.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Frith]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If anyone were to believe in conspiracys , that any group is trying to take control of the world, how could you not believe that they already control all media sources, TV,radio,news papers and the internet.
If we get any truth it is molded and twisted to fit their need.
To think that people believe any news source because it leans to the left or right I would ask you to listen to the adjectives (you do know what an adjective is ?) used in the news, and then separate it from the news.
The only time we might get the whole truth if at all, it will be to late.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Bottom line is this:

The title of the thread is: "Is Glenn Beck "uncovering" the "Conspiracy" of the Millenium?"

The answer is NO, as in the past, he is executing a fraud, IMO.

Absolutely. He's a propagandist through and through.

OF COURSE, he's going to mix in 'agreeable' concepts, notions, ideas, and emotions in with a TON of lies, propaganda, and corrupt agendas. He's a propagator of misinformation and possibly even deliberate disinformation. As others have said, he's a shill serving only to divide and confuse people. The reality is, everyone who's a REAL activist trying to fight tyranny in all forms realizes that Glenn Beck is full of it. And in fact, I personally feel that Beck is dangerous, not because he tells the truth to millions of Americans, but because he blatantly LIES on such an influential media platform. His efforts, whether intentional or born of ignorance, are sure to help stem the broiling tide of a REAL/informed revolution.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Exchanges such as THIS makes me question if people seriously want to DENY IGNORANCE or simply high five each other in Anti Obama threads. A poster submits alleged quotes WITHOUT any links/proof:

Originally posted by On the Edge
From "Dreams From My Father",by Barack Hussein Obama...

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance against my mother's race. It remained necessary to prove which side you were on,to show your loyalty to the black masses,to strike out and name names."

And this quote,from "Audacity of Hope":

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." (Not "Americans",...?)

Another poster challenges that post, takes the time to research and provides 2 erudite links dispelling the quote attribution:

Response by Frith

The response:

Originally posted by On the Edge

Yeah,right,and Factcheck.org and Snopes are completely unbiased?!

That makes me laugh!

Hat tip to Frith. Nice work.
Too bad it falls on deaf ears. :shk:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well let us look at this another way shall we?
Glenn is really the only one in cable news putting these types of things out there.
Some have posted that only a FEW Fox news junkies watch him anyway........REALLY? I know a lot of people, including myself, that DVR his show and don't watch Fox.
By a lot of the statements I have seen posted it seems that people are putting him down just because of things they have read or heard about him without having every really watched or checked out what he is reporting.
I am afraid that a lot more people than just the Fox junkies are watching and listening. Don't believe me. Just look at his ratings compared to Fox as a whole. Compare his ratings to those of other 5pm shows on other networks like CNN and MSNBC.
www.nationalreview.com...
Now I do believe that he is silly and over animated at times but as I said in a previous post, I see very little of what he claims that he does not back up with video or audio. This is a lot more than I can say about others I have watched. This is one of the main reasons he is so popular.
As far as the amount of money he's making........WHO CARES unless your just shallow and jealous.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey Chicagoland -
I think you are racist because of where you live and your viewpoint.

Now I'm using the same type tactics as you are using, how do you like it?

Get away from the name calling.

To Mod: I'm just doing this to show a point, I'm not actually calling hime a racist.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Glenn Beck

Stopped reading there. I don't mind Beck, but he is a shill. He works for corporate media. I'll take any sort of "conspiracy" Beck finds with a grain of salt.

For some reason your avatar reminds me of "Move-On or ACORN."
And we know who the real shill is here don't we.

I don't know why you feel the need to announce to the world that you're an idiot, but at the very least I support your ability to do so.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If he says "9/11 was an inside job" - I don't care what's his "agenda". It's the truth.

Maybe the Sith Lords that rule the world have a plan - and that's why Glenn Beck is allowed to say this stuff ? Maybe. So what. Would you prefer lies ?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by pai mei]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join