It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad medicine with an appetite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Bad medical science is meeting bad food again in a fundraiser showdown designed to test the publics gullible bones again. I'm beginning to enjoy the Douglass report for information, it's becoming a seriously healthy look at the world of corporate betrayal. Before they start plucking heartstrings and people pluck fingers, I felt this was worth an outcry, or more ...

Buckets of disease

The cancer con strikes again as a major charity teams up with a fast food giant.

The two share a common goal, and it's not curing cancer. It's collecting your money.

KFC is selling pink buckets of its awful chicken as part of a bizarre new partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a breast cancer charity.

It's a sick joke: Stuff your face with their unhealthy breasts to "save" women's breasts.

But it only proves once again that anyone who's ever sported a pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness has been suckered by a "cause" that's more about cash than cures.

Go to the Komen Web site, and -- if they haven't been shamed into removing it by the time you read this -- you'll find a big box with a KFC chicken bucket and the phrase, "EACH PINK BUCKET MAKES A DIFFERENCE!"

It'll make a difference all right -- eat from that pink chum bucket, and you'll be so fat and sick you'll forget all about breast cancer. Hold onto it when you're done -- you might need something to upchuck into afterwards.

This isn't some outrageous new direction for the organization. Komen has some 240 partners, including Dr. Pepper, Pepperidge Farm and Dove Chocolates. The Web site even boasts how much they've taken in from each "partner."

Show them enough money and you can "pinkwash" your junk food, too.

Hoping KFC kicks the bucket,

William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

douglassreport.com...

More discussion on the Kormon choice of KFC as a fundraiser.
KFC Wants To Fight Breast Cancer With Buckets Of Fried Chicken
www.ecorazzi.com...

Doubletake on KFC Chicken ...
naturalbias.com...
www.organicconsumers.org...

How bio-engineered is that chicken nowadays? I heard they had to switch KFC to an acronym, because the chicken could no longer be called chicken.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Great thread, Warden!

The source you cited really puts it into perspective. Now, I feel a bit dumb because all I thought when I saw the ads were, "They can't give more than $0.50/bucket?"

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I agree with you and I avoid commercially produced chicken like the plague. As far as estrogenic hormones it's actually less dangerous to eat commercially produced beef. I rarely eat any animal products anymore unless I can afford organic.

Good for you for spreading the word.

edited for spelling

[edit on 15-5-2010 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
...thank you, and I thank M.C. Douglass for the warning! I may have no compassion left for corporate charities if they keep putting boneheaded movements like this together. I question immediately if they support any of the big diseases, which, as some research reveals, are already curable.
If someone is hurt in an accident, fine, there's a good help from a modern hospital.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
As much as i wanted to donate to pink charities....it got shoved down my throat so much that I got a little aggravated by it. So I didnt.

But hey...this is a great idea. Eat our fat saturated chicken and save some lives!!!

Maybe we can get some doughnut companies to sponsor some gastric bypass surgeries!

Or hey! Better yet, maybe we can get Marlboro to donate 1 dollar to cancer research from every pack of smokes they sell!!!

What great partnership ideas!

top topics

join