It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan protest on civilian deaths turns violent,1 dead(These are the people were fighting for?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I love how they're burning our flag and killing there own people and for what? because we liberated them from an opressive regime? Its disgusting.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by truth?]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
haha how did you post a pic, i tried that and i always get the link to external image? (sorry random and off topic)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truth?

You have to upload a image on ATS first and then the use the url link of the picture to make it appear.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth?
haha how did you post a pic, i tried that and i always get the link to external image? (sorry random and off topic)

Start with the videos and media link in the upper left corner.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by truth?

It is quite arrogant to think that these people asked you to come fight for them, or that they would want Americans around.

I love how they're burning our flag and killing there own people and for what? because we liberated them from an opressive regime? Its disgusting.

Maybe it's because the "liberation" keeps getting them killed.

The ones burning the flag and protesting didn't kill anyone, the NATO trained police killed one of them, so don't twist facts.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think part of the problem is the USA and the rest of the western world are trying to impose a supposed democracy on counrties thats lets face it are nothing but third world tribal hell holes that happen to have a bit of oil.

These people are far far from ever being able to entertian the idea of democracy even the bastardized form of democracy we have.

Islam and democracy go thoghter like like oil and water they are incompatable with one another the goes same for equal rights.

The world went to Iraq and Afganistan and said here this is our idea of democracy all the women, low cast, different sect memebers can all go to school they can think, talk and act for themselves. It destroyed the power base of MEN.

In trying to take that power away to dominate and dictate the lives of those around them and the girls, women of there society they turned to the only tool they know best Violence.

Its an inescapable truth that these countires where/are run by fear,violence and oppresion.

Try and take the power away from the men and they use the above tools to fight back against the people that are trying to take that power away.

In my opinion Islam needs another 5 or 6 hundred years to come out of the dark age that it is in, a lot like christanity had to move out of the dark age it was in 5 to 6 hundred years ago. Then and only then will these people be able to live in some sort of harmony with one another where all are equal and treated the same.

I won't for a minute take the stance that our western countries live in harmony with one another and all are equal but at the moment there is an un easy truce of sorts where countrires trade ect and the people in them can pretty much chose there own way of living without an all opressive and destructive influence like Islam ruling every facet of there daily lives.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

You claim to know for a fact that none of the individuals pictures above have killed anybody. You know for a fact those men aren't Taliban? You know they have not killed anybody? You can tell from that picture they are innocent?

Your ignorance is staggering.

*edit* I apologize for a grammatical error I had made earlier, that I have now corrected. When you type 150 wpm, you make a grammatical error occasionally.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by i944002]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by i944002

You claim to know for a fact that none of the individuals pictures above have killed anybody. You know for a fact those men aren't Taliban? You know they have not killed anybody? You can tell from that picture they are innocent?

You're ignorance is staggering.

This is just funny.

I can post a picture of any group of people and ask you to prove none of them have killed anyone, and imply they're guilty because you can't.

Try for some real logic next time.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by truth?]

Now how are you going to make a comment on the state of affairs in the Middle East when you can't even figure out which country is which?

We "liberated" Iraq.

Afghanistan is still under the control of the heroin smuggling family the U.S. government supports.

What IS disgusting...is that they even have a reason to protest in the first place.

I am ashamed of what Americans are doing to the middle east and I'm even more ashamed of the ones at home with blinders on.

How many more civilians of Planet Earth does the United States military need to kill before it makes you all feel safe from the boogeyman? We can apparently kill ~4 million non-terrorists in a war on terror but not find the 1 terrorist we're supposedly after... but that's okay, as long you feel safe....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You must be very bright.

In the article it said that 1 protester was killed by Afghan police, so one casualty in this event, not caused by the men in the picture of this event.

And since the OP is about this particular event, your post is irrelevant.

edit:

Yes, I am ignorance is staggering, very staggering.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's almost impossible to post a response to the laughable piece of reasoning exhibited here.

It's also a bit crass when one considers the devastation the True Axis of Evil has wreaked upon their country and the truly appalling civilian casualties which prompted the protest in the first place.

The saying " What goes around comes around" springs to mind.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
I think part of the problem is the USA and the rest of the western world are trying to impose a supposed democracy on counrties thats lets face it are nothing but third world tribal hell holes that happen to have a bit of oil.

...democracy has nothing to do with it - "supposed" or otherwise... we're imposing, no doubt about that one... "tribal hell holes" is often used by those who approve of invading another country and maintaining control by committing genocide or enslaving the population or both - and - sometimes the phrase is used by those who have forgotten that all humans were once tribal people... the only accurate part of your statement is that we're there for the oil - but - thats not the only reason we're there...

These people are far far from ever being able to entertian the idea of democracy even the bastardized form of democracy we have.

...just because they dont want it doesnt mean they are incapable of comprehending it...

Islam and democracy go thoghter like like oil and water they are incompatable with one another the goes same for equal rights.

...christianity has a worse track record than any religion on the planet...

The world went to Iraq and Afganistan and said here this is our idea of democracy all the women, low cast, different sect memebers can all go to school they can think, talk and act for themselves. It destroyed the power base of MEN.

...our government's reasons for being there had nothing to do with setting anyone free of a culture/government that was deemed oppressive... we're there for the same reason we invaded iraq - resources (heroin being a biggie in afghanistan) and to clear the way for haliburton's pipeline...

Its an inescapable truth that these countires where/are run by fear,violence and oppresion.

...so is the usofa... so is great britain... so is aussieland... so is india... so is china...

I won't for a minute take the stance that our western countries live in harmony with one another and all are equal but at the moment there is an un easy truce of sorts where countrires trade ect and the people in them can pretty much chose there own way of living without an all opressive and destructive influence like Islam ruling every facet of there daily lives.

...perhaps you see it that way because you're accustomed to the tyranny of christendom and blind to its oppressive and destructive nature...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

My use of tribal hell hole was not as an excuse for war as I beleive we should not be there it was to show that these parts of the world are not nice places to live by most if not all western standards so my statement was acurate would you go to live there? or would you be happy for your family to live there?

Tribal life in these countries is not nice for the majority of people.

Again I was right that they would not being able entertain the idea of democracy I never siad they could not understand it. They understand it all right and don't want it because its destroys there power base.

No religion has a corner on the amount of death and destruction on this planet I believe they are all as bad as one another.

You took my statement of why the world went there out of context what ever the real reason the one I gave is the one the countries involved want the world to believe.

If you think that uk, Austriala are ruled by fear and violence then you and me must see 2 very different views of these countries. To compare the UK and Austraila to Iraq and Afghanistan is to compare black to white they are very very different.

I am not sure at what you are pointing at in your last statement are you advocating Islam over christianity?

Or are you saying that christianity is tyranical more so than say Islam ?

Though we agree on some points I wonder how you base your responces to my post as you really seem to come across as a suporter or even practioner of Islam trying to cover up for its flaws like every religious person does when they feel there side is being questioned.

I would be happy to be wrong and that your reponces are based on actual logical thought over clouded, contradictory and mystical mumbo jumbo of religion.

new topics

top topics

join