It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas family hit with $8,000 electric bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If they were wrongly underbilled for however many years, 1+1=2, so they must pay it all back. there are no freebies in life. You have to work and pay your bills. It is dishonest to expect it to be given for free. they must own up and cough up the cash. While people are starving in Africa, they are eating cakes and biscuits, watching TV, and expecting their bills for free?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
my computers messing up
second line

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

It wasn't the family's fault at all. If they didn't do anything to steal power, then it is the company's fault. And the company should suck it up. If you buy a couch for 600 bucks, the company cannot track you down and say, "Oh that couch was supposed to be 800, you woe us 200 dollars." Too bad, the company's loss.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Where in the hell did you get anything about her boyfriend drinking and doing drugs?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

It seems she could afford her bills; she was paying 300-400 per month.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Just a hunch... based on a tip in the story... and some personal observations over the years as to why some people get singled out for things like this.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Care to share that tip from the story?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Last summer Northwest Energy started coming out to customer's home and taking their old meter out and replacing it with a new one.

I used to test meters. As they age, they slow down due to wear on the jewels and gears.
It was great, whenever a customer called to complain about their bill AND insist on a new meter, their bill went UP after they got the new meter, never failed. I never tested a meter that ran too fast.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't discuss my bills with my neighbours and hell I wouldn't notice if I missed a bill one month, but 5 years???

Maybe she actually KNEW that she wasn't being billed for it and was just along for a free ride until karma came back and bit her in the ass.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Care to share that tip from the story?

Certainly... as I previously stated in an earlier post... she had a boyfriend living with her. Little insignificant things like that can sometimes get you singled out in some "communities..." especially if children and Xs are involved. Perhaps someone observing is/was morally/politically motivated and wished to make things difficult and more public.

Or maybe a disgruntled employee wanted to stick it to the electric company... or the company itself was looking for grants to upgrade and wanted to show the FEDS their own vulnerabilities and needs.

Whatever the case... just the fact that the media got it's hands on this story (CNN) tells me that this scenario was planned out by someone other than the victims. JMO... and thanks for asking.

[edit on 17/5/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ADHDguy

Just wondering if you have any updates? If the situation has been resolved? And what the resolution was?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join