It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buchanan: With Kagan, too many Jews on Supreme Court bench

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I completely agree. I was showing how the Republicans in this case are being hypocritical. I don't expect the Supreme Court to be "representative". That's not their job. Their job is to interpret the law, etc., not to provide a representation of the people, as Pat Buchanan seems to think (when it's in his favor, at least).

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I could care less about a Justice's sexuality, race, religion, or even to some degree...their political leanings.

What I do care about is their experience in interpreting and applying the law to real cases in the justice system. Give me a Justice who:

1. Sentenced someone to death, only to discover later that the person was wrongly convicted.

2. Has experienced taking drugs, and has had a friend or family member who is an addict.

3. Has made lots of money through investing, stocks, and the other capitalistic systems of the privileged, only to have lost most of it to scams or bad people.

4. Has served in the military, and knows what that means.

5. Has worked somewhere else in their adult life, other than a courtroom or a classroom.

Nothing quite beats practical experience, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think I have pointed out my view on Kagan
in my other thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kagan has Bin Laden, Saudi, 9/11 money ties

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes, like you, whaaa, Pat and I have agreed on a point or two. But even Nixon disagreed with him on some of his views, at a time when he was "Nixon's Brain". Of course, that was during a time Republicans were allowed to disagree with each other in private as well as public.

Pat longs for the good ole days, "traditional American values", when men were men and white men held the power, for white men. The world has changed around Pat, but Pat has refused to change.

Pat knows that his GOP promised their voters that if elected, they would stack the SC with the correct activist judges to overturn RvW. Pat's beef now is simply, well, another Jew could sit on the SC.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Interesting, I have never heard anyone say that there were too many blacks or not enough Latinos or heaven forbid anyone suggest there were too many Christians or too many men!

This is prime indicator that 1. Buchanan is an idiot and 2. the GOP is in search mode to find something bad about her and can't. Oh, and 3. Buchanan is an idiot.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

Eh, there is plenty to find bad about her and not be a part of the ridiculous GOP Machine. Just look at her writings. Regulation of Speech? Goldman Sachs board? Corporate stooge? Yes, yes, and yes. I have nothing against her as a person, I just think she's a total nutbag when it comes to her judicial philosophy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join