It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Accuses Man In Wheelchair With Cerebral Palsy Of Sex Crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

www.myfoxny.com

Video Link: www.myfoxny.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm actually beginning to believe that maybe I'm just plain 'ol everyday NUTS !!!
Just when I thought that I could not be anymore dumbfounded with our politically correct perceived dogmas I then come upon this piece. I believe that it's just a concerted effort on the elites part to just make me sit back and simply continue shaking my head even more in disbelief.

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Did he commit the crime?

I'm all for calling things ridiculous when they are, but there are mild forms of cerebral palsy where people still have control over themselves and their actions..

Then again, I'm pretty sure this is another one of those "face palm" stories.

Like that autistic kid being charged with making terrorist threats.

ETA: After reading the story fully, obviously this person commited no crime. This is just insanity.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/15/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Well, outside of the touching, he sent this woman harassing e-mails.

Sorry, but the thought is just as bad as the touching.

His brain works fine, and while he there is proof he can't control his limbs, he still is a freakin perve.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Chicho Mertsaris is accused of sexual abuse, although he can't control his arms, his legs, or his hands. He has cerebral palsy because his brain was damaged during his delivery at birth.

Last October, a TLC judge accused Mertaris of grabbing her upper thigh and buttocks while they were in the office alone. His aide had gone to file papers.

How many have ever seen Cerebral Palsy patients? A vast majority patients have virtually no VOLUNTARY control of LIMB movements.

For a judge to come out and file this against the CP patient is absurd. An example would be a Psych Ward in the hospital where a patient grabs the Nurse on the arm or on the thigh, does the Nurse go and file a sex harassment charge on the patient?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Yes, but did your read where this guy was sending the victim harassing e-mails?

If any other normal person was doing the same, they would be in trouble, too!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Mertsaris admits that he sent the judge a series of emails two years ago. The judge asked his supervisors to make him stop sending the emails. He says he stopped.

Mertsaris agrees that he got on her nerves because of the emails.

Sending a judge series of emails shouldn't constitute as harassment. The accused is a lawyer himself, so he could have been asking for anything in those emails, though the judge found it irritating and the accused stopped 2yrs prior.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

While it doesn't say exactly what was in those e-mails, there is a past history there, already. The e-mails probably wouldn't have been brought up, if they were of a business nature.

Granted, he might have had an uncontrollable fit, but, as I say, there is a history there.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

We really don't know what kind of history it is. Judges are notorious against the cabbies of NYC and they should be because a majority of those cab drivers are atrocious drivers. The context of those emails could be anything and we should not perceive them to be sexual unless there is proof of them being so.

Also why is the Judge after complaining about the accused in a room with him?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

After going back and reading the article again, I can't answer your question.

A trial is schedule for June, so I guess it will all come out in the wash.

Perhaps, at that time, we will also get to know what the content of the e-mails were.

Something doesn't quite fit right with this whole ordeal.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

:O ... What the HELL is wrong with this Judge ? Surely when medical proffesionals are telling you a man has little or no control over his limbs , you must not just drop the case, but have yourself sued for being a total freaking idiot?
Im pig sick of persons in western nations acting as if they have had less schooling and education than your average sewer rat. Wake up america, this idiot woman presides over YOUR legal matters. If you are in the area , move to have this fool removed from your courts.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I think you need to rethink that statement...not even talking about or discussing the actual topic of this particular incident.

Thoughts are never crimes...they are thoughts...thoughts written down on paper should never be a crime either, as its still just thoughts, fantasies, etc...be it sexual or violent in nature.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Thoughts are never crimes...they are thoughts...thoughts written down on paper should never be a crime either, as its still just thoughts, fantasies, etc...be it sexual or violent in nature.

Unless you have been on the receiving end of somebody's thoughts, via paper, that might be quite disturbing, I think you need to rethink your reply.

Reading something disturbing, even from a guy that is wheelchair bound, might cause a person some distress, if the thoughts are disgusting, or sick enough!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Whilst I agree that written abuses of character or person can be as damaging to a targets psyche as a physical attack, the matter at hand regards an accusation of physical sexual assault, and in that matter the gentleman is quite clearly incapable.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So what about gossip. If gossip was a crime like writing something down, all females would be on watch lists wouldn't they.

How is gossip any different than writing it down.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by lapi7

His brain works fine, and while he there is proof he can't control his limbs, he still is a freakin perve.

What kind of world do you live in? "The thought is just as bad as the touching?"
So from this perspective you would convict a person of a thought crime? It is no wonder the world is fast becoming a place where no human dare interact with another for fear of being branded by someone like you.

Not only does your comment ring of someone with zero logic, your appearant lack of compassion is truly chilling. The hypocrisy of he statement is also mind boggling, as if you have never looked approvingly at a man.

..Ex

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

When it hits a keyboard or a peice of paper, it is no longer a thought. It is a reflection of the attitude of the person, being put outside of the mind.

So, if I e-mailed you even being in a wheelchair of some sick, psychopathic thoughts, or dreams, that would be ok with you?

It's not a sex crime per say, it is a psychological threat.

If I was in a wheel chair and told you I wanted to hack you up into little peices with and ax, via e-mail, or rape you continually, that would be ok?

I'm not saying what this fellow said, or thought, however, there are disturbing e-mails out there, or they would not have been brought up!

edit fix quote

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by lapi7

What kind of world do you live in? "The thought is just as bad as the touching?"
So from this perspective you would convict a person of a thought crime? It is no wonder the world is fast becoming a place where no human dare interact with another for fear of being branded by someone like you.

Not only does your comment ring of someone with zero logic, your appearant lack of compassion is truly chilling. The hypocrisy of the statement is also mind boggling, as if you have never looked approvingly at a man.

..Ex

edit to fix "the"

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The thoughts took form in the way of harassing e-mails. So, yes, to me that is just as bad as touching.

So, once again, would it be ok, if I sent you harassing e-mails, that might be of a sexual nature, or perverted? There is nothing wrong with this fellows mind. Yes, I think it's as bad as touching. I really do.

Not only does your comment ring of someone with zero logic, your appearant lack of compassion is truly chilling. The hypocrisy of the statement is also mind boggling, as if you have never looked approvingly at a man.

Using my logic, I can read, and see this guy has a history of sending harassing e-mails, besides the slap on the rump.

new topics

top topics

join