It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Originally posted by juveous

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”

- Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Edit: I actually agree on the fear part, it's the part about "reject all help." That has me confused.

It's not in the sense that you "cannot be helped", it is that you "should not fear not being helped". If you were starving you would beg, but that does not mean that you should look at those who do not give you food with malevolence. You cannot be mad at people that do not help.

The context the quote is probably most referring to as rejecting help is in the previous sentence "depend on no one" - when we depend on people, we fear what becomes of us when they do not so choose to help us.

Edit: even though we accept help - if we never did, it would be impossible to fear losing it - but if you never accepted help, because you did not want to fear losing help, you would then fear the fear of losing help. It is about losing the conditions of fear not the opportunities that create fear.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by juveous]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

i like yours as well klaatumagnum which proove how truth is about sameness result of different free livings sources, thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
LOL wtf is this? A subjective orgy? Hey fellas lets help the now and alive.How does a famine create 100,000+ graves in a year?
How is it that billions of dollars dont reach children dying from malnurishment?
What conspiracies can you elaborate on?
What solutions do you have?
----Sorry Soupaloop and Jahimian rhapsidoy....I need help. for this paper L0L!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
eh was nice reading what u guys girlz said
well i have come to part of my life where fear blockades needs to be removed
why lets tell like this this is gonna be one huge story lol

lets say someone (like my) life is going apart
everything you do goes in wrong direction,or you want some desires like have some job or anything
in some cases u dont know even what you want in your life,and that my friends is big problem
so if u dont know what u want your energy starts fall down to some certain limit just so u can bee still alive
you become still not moving up or down
this is big opportunity to learn one big lesion
so when u are here u feel kinda lost dont know what to do or how to get moving again
so lets get closer look
why are u in that state?
in my case its all about fears,as fears that are deep within me keep me blocked
if u have fear lets say like hmm fear about moving in another city/state/fear of UNKNOWN
u cant move there why ,that fear also affect law of attraction as fear is opposite of love and high vibrations
it manifests in your/my reality and keep me locked here stuck uncertain what to do
soon as you notice that fear you become free of it and energy start flow where you direct it and thing start just
happen as you wanted if it is for your own highest good
so dont judge fear when you meet your fear (egoistic mind) and observe it you become aware of your power within you
fear blocks Root or Base Chakra (Muladhara) and it creates opposite rotation and energy gets blocked
if you came to that point fear is one big lesion,you notice fear than u beacome more aware who you truly are
when you beacome just one tiny step aware you u create bridge as u face more and more fears ego is getting crushed
when that happens
fear is last line of ego defence
as that starts to weken your desires your highest desires start to manifest

so my point fear is a just thing to expiriance as you observe your fear you actualy observe yourself
so for all you who are wondering how my life is going now

lets say i am in relationship,got job offers just 1 day in difrent country with difrent language that i dont even know
who cares evrithying will be ok (and my friends it needed just 1 day)

observe yourself fear is just fear dont giveit more strengt
dont be afraid of fear as it can show u one big thing

and this is not only truth was in my case was in my expriance
it matters what u can learn from buddha words
he left just directions how u can become something more
for there is not one truth,truth once spoken cannot be again truth my friends

every person will find somoething in his words and its not wrong becose someone have another opinion
all peoples learn something from his words
truly one big soul he was
he left knowdlage for all of us and we can all use it on our ways ,
it matters what u can find in certain quotes teachings for you

wish u all luck and may your dreams come true friends

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is cortisol - the fear and stress hormone,
And there is oxytocin - the love and bonding hormone.

Just as cortisol lowers oxytocin,
And oxytocin lowers cortisol,
Fear and Love cannot co-exist.

Where there is Light, darkness disappears.

Another great quote on this topic from a man named John:

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

The next time you're worried, try to focus on your all that you appreciate and how Life always goes on and that there is always much to enjoy, and Faith will start to replace the worries.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: juveous
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

I saw this headline screaming at me from the checkout line papers!
(Not)
The WHOLE SECRET?!? *__-

Might I add, as a bit of .. practicality.. that 'fear' only exists in the imagination/thought! It is a feeling, and 'feelings' are 'thoughts'!
Thus, as any successful traditional meditator can affirm, no 'thought/imagination' = no 'fear'!

And, ultimately, there can be no 'fear' in unconditional Love!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I agree, however to my experience the lack of fear is due to a permanent sense of security, perhaps once you have established yourself into time you have a point to work from, a permanent "knowledge" that you are based upon, the fear of loss non-existent as you have all that you need, and that, cannot be, taken away, ever.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Fear of what? Being eaten alive by a big animal?
Of getting ill?
Of not having enough money to dope yourself up on consumer goods that offer a temporary distraction to the feelings of failure?

For my part, as long as I have my family, 2 wheels and my dog, I'm alright.

One of the scariest things I ever did was leave a super secure, public sector job for a private sector one that paid half.
Perhaps not the most sensible decision I ever made, but I'm sure happier now.

No point worrying over stuff, it'll happen if it happens, enjoy the moment

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join