It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Sorry to disagree with you.

The definition of a true hero is to feel the fear, and do that heroic act in spite of the fear.

How could the secret be not to feel fear, when that is an inbred emotion?

Do you think humans can just give up on feeling fear? No, I wish we could.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by juveous

Sorry to disagree with you.

The definition of a true hero is to feel the fear, and do that heroic act in spite of the fear.

How could the secret be not to feel fear, when that is an inbred emotion?

Do you think humans can just give up on feeling fear? No, I wish we could.

It kind of blows my mind now that people think this way.

Does the hero do the act out of love, because the hero knows that he should.
Or
Does the hero do the act out of fear, of the pain inside that the victim will give him if they are hurt without the hero's help?

That is the difference.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I was trying to say this - what if the hero is full of fear and wants to run away (a normal human reaction) but then stays anyway?

That is the mark of the true hero.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

re-read my reply I wrote. And then re-read the quote. Forget about the adrenaline and uncertainty going through the hero's head. The entire point is why the hero did the act. Not whether the hero had "fears" or was afraid.

edit: I have realized there is a lot of confusion in semantics for context your example of fear is being used, and the context the quote is in the OP. We have different connotations with fear that have many different synonyms. My synonyms are different from yours. Yours are - affraid, scared, worried, nervous
Mine are - negative, against, hate, dislike, force, distrust

Think about how I worded my sentences based off the connotations of my word fear, and think about what my sentences are saying.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by juveous]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

That hero was afraid alright.

Therefore, that person is a hero. There is not enough adrenaline to account for saving people if you could die.

And it makes you wonder why anyone would save anyone else.

The wish to save yourself is stronger, surely.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Let me know if there is something you don't understand, replacing the connotations.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

lol you dont seem to understand whta he said either,

you cannot judge the reason of an outcome, never anything is because something else it is always for itself, so when you are not itself you cannot predict or know futur realities moves
otherwise there wont be any futur nor move, if everything was for a reason

but the guy answered you very well, he said stick to the word heros mean, heroes are not meaning something else but themselves as a concept living, there cant be expectations from heroes but if they exist first

hero is not what you expect from him to do for you, it is a quality someone move deserve alone irrelevant is the fact of result there
other then the objective result on him

so he didnt run, face the danger

that resut he meant

now fearless is what? it is from what you say here, to not give an excuse for powers abuse, so you keep meaning to appear as cool buddha zen

so by being fearless you run but you avoid the objective evil to take control of the situstion
while in facing the danger you permit to evil forces to come and take advantage of that fact

of course we are helpless as individuals to face any force of powers from nature and life, we are mortals to powerful sources

but honestly, is the fact of admitting that as forever the case is helping humanity
or is the fact of judging evil forces despite of fears tyranny and inferiority resulting from facts as livings limits certainty, but the fact that also make you judge the tyran dont elevate the condition of humanity and put down powers by revealing their living faces more

i mean what you act as not faering it is confirming it in another way as accepting its superior reality
fearing is also saying that it is not you there since you are in danger from another powerful living meaning to kill you

destroying fears is first destroying the living powers that can do fears
you dont adpat to situstion that can do fears, it is ridiculous and say that everyone should do this

if fear is it is because of real living source, so even if fears disappear as feature of humanity those powerful living able to act on humans dimensions without being seen are always there more gaining control then

my point is to understand how to deal with situations as a result and not as cause and effect

a result is due to different factors that are independant of each othres, what is objective reality is always related to others livings not only you

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
All it is, is a change in perspective.

Imans, we don't see I to eye because we aren't even talking about the same thing. (pun intended for the spelling)

Perspective.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

OK, I have not understood - how amazing that I am about to be corrected!

Right, firstly there is a giant explosion, secondly there are people who die and people who save.

Thirdly, it is some man who saves everyone then dies.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

and there are more different reasons to an act then there are different free means
like for instance some people would really die for a pic on newspaper

you have to keep in mind that noone fear death it is never that we are all dead in a sense and everyone knows it, as nothing

but the fear is the assimilation of nothing as negative life

so peope also choose to die to avoid pains for them as well as others they objectively identify to as same living

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The word hero is a concept. There is a town near me that brings home heros in boxes. Are they heros because they have been brainwashed into thinking that fighting in an illegal war will make them a hero? Who says they are heros? Not the common people in the other countries, who have the homes blown up - by heros.
Do heros feel like heros?
Post traumatic stress is fear that is felt when it is safe.
Fear is mind stuff.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

absolutely, fear is the understanding that negative is a source of living realities, imagine what that mean to an intelligent mind, you cannot move or anything negative forces are controlling life realities

animals were barely aware and that is their realities as aware when they understand that but gods of course dont care on the contrary they are the living positive doing that, they dont care that objectively the issue it makes to any sane mind

forcing the moves to animals cannot be the technic with minds that see and move alone

inferior cannot be superior force only because sitting on a balcony that set a form reality of being above
what is inferior and superior are absolute concepts of truth realistions as the source of existence justifications and freedom life

i still dont get how that is possible and never will probably

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

you shore are right, fear is mind stuff. But the most hidden of all fears lie in the ego.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Hi,

I am anti-war.

War kills our young men, but for some reason young men always join up.

I am sorry for your losses.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

it is completely freaky to say that,how an animal has an ego
you cannot pretend something if it is not absolutely true

you call ego caring for yourself just to please what god might want you to proove considering him the living and not you

so you become human after being animal to mean being less then an animal, how tht make any sense but hypocrit means of not caring for anything at all but powers given without ever understanding what and for no reality forever but pretenses and lies

ego is the fake self, and who say fake mean never in fear and always of certain supports that the brain is willing to confirm

fearing to loose your ego is fearing yourself as inferior condition, which bring the issue again to that reality objectively meaning living beings as inferior ones, and that cant be, the minimum reality of living is nothing absolutely and not negative in powers to kill and abuse whatever is weak

every awareness know its fact of awareness being of positive truth
negative cannot be a source of anything and certainty of always positive is the sense of creations life

anyway those egos you mean are the first that bend infront of powers, while similing like dogs because they feel safe with that is same one

it is god that make those egos from lies he is and wills of pretenses meaning behind creations opportunities nothing at all

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by juveous

it is completely freaky to say that,how an animal has an ego
you cannot pretend something if it is not absolutely true

It is completely freaky to say that humans are types of animals too aren't they? now what separates man from a dog?

Physical features?

How about intelligence?

once dogs and other animals start thinking like humans, then maybe the rest of my last statement will stay true. Just letting you know, right now, even if you explained to the dog, trained the dog, the dog will not have the intelligence and understanding a human can.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

exactly but basically it is the animals that fear, you cannot say yourself being a human because you dont fear anymore and at the same time you claim that who fear are egos types

obviously you dont care about anything being true

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

just to let you know there is no such thing as a dog existing but self conscious is always existing in positive truth

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by juveous

exactly but basically it is the animals that fear, you cannot say yourself being a human because you dont fear anymore and at the same time you claim that who fear are egos types

obviously you dont care about anything being true

do not look at certain truths in terms of singular. Yes in one sense it is easy to see how an unintelligent animal's instincts are to survive and live with fears that drive the animal to survive.

It is the fear of physical death and it is rooted in biology.
This would mean it to be true for animals to not eliminate fear, and void out Buddha's quote. But that is an understanding of ignorance.

If you could enlighten the animal in the same way a human being can understand, it could experience the truth of its actions, and I'm sure even understand the ego. But that is not the case is it?

So you see, much like how a child believes that the scary noise could be a monster, the parent has an understanding of the world that understands why the child thinks there is a monster. The parent could represent a human, the child - an animal. But even then, I am sure you would still argue about a child's intelligence and an animals. But then you would be missing the point.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

you are the one missing any true point

first it is your subjective claim that you dont justify that say how fear are for animals educations so it becomes a biological condition to survival mode

obviously you are totally out of any reality context, even creations they are not totally inventions and creations life are always of objective realities lives, noone is upthere planning to make things fear so they can become animals and then humans
you are so focus on yourself wills that you say everything according to what suit yourself life means

everyone is like you doing for himself and surely gods and god too, which mean never able to imagine another
and you must understand that truth exist and start to believe on something being true, noway anything can sustain if it wasnt hundred percent true

so of course the animal awareness fear the intelligent only fear so humans logically fear more, but humans are also of evil gods intelligence so they can be in illusions of powers whatever happen to them like they are gods or with them forever
and there they become animals beasts that took the choice alone to not have any perspective of true reality, because gods are evil living for sure but they know the truth and how they must respect some rules

parents fear more then their children mister, child think of a monster as frightning image not a real powerful living but adults know that powerful evil is the source of all realities

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join