It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by godddd
reply to post by Wise Man

You can say this, it is easy to do.
But now explain why it is so, don't just come here and reject it but go into it.
Bring out the reason why so we can discuss it.

godddd has a point, do you care to elaborate on why wise man? I have done fare good bit of elaborating here, why I believe it to be true.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

But now explain why it is so, don't just come here and reject it but go into it.

Well its just that anyone can use that quote to do anything, from prisoners to the corrupt elite.

The first thought in my head when I read it was that it's similar to most rap songs I hear.

It's just too vague.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wise Man]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by juveous

i dont see that anyone misunderstood me...

imans, I would bet all my ATS points that everyone in this thread has at one point had a hard time understanding you.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

Well its just that anyone can use that quote to do anything, from prisoners to the corrupt elite.

The first thought in my head when I read it was that it's similar to most rap songs I hear.

It's just too vague.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wise Man]

and I believe your reasons are too vague. the quote reflects on how we perceive, but more importantly it's affect on everything. look back in the thread for examples, there are some good ones.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I think the beauty of the quote is that it can be precisely understood in it's simple form. I Had also found it funny how I started to look at simple phrases that are over used in our society that now appear to have lost their meaning and appear cheesy or vague.

I'm not saying there is an important philosophical message at the end of a power rangers episode, but often we over look the power of simplicity.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

your bet is a fake one like you since it can never be proven, you cannot get back to when i posted all what i wrote there, and verify at that past time how did everyone that read it felt

anyway with all i write without any reference to anything already said, and all from myself free judgements people should adore me to mean reading a post like this, it is all too free who can be interested there but me alone doing it
and of course when i am clearly with or against something from objective arguments others mean to say the same
but otherwise why anyone would care about another expressions, expressions have values when they are confirmed as living by objective reality or others livings ones, they have value from objective positvie result value

and if there is any value of truth for that time, there is nothing to get then from but words to read there and a lot of others are also giving a lot of writings for that time forced to or not, and it looks like everyone is at that time meaning himself free thoughts what some call consciousness that i fundamentally disagree with, but for sure noone is suppose to give more then others because anything is absolutely same way to be existing too
so you should not mean another words but yourself contributions

also it is obvious how you deform what i said, i meant clearly how it is never my perspective mean what others understand
as any sane individual i speak in meaning positive living contribution but not mroe then that, i cannot mean to focus on some others livings and i already said my views on that subject how it is wrong, everyone should look to himself and hear others views from freedom base which is the only sense source of positive move, and of course hearing others within all

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”

Thats just garbage.

Anyone who believes such a vague sentence will probably fall for anything.
Sounds like something at the end of a Power Rangers episode.

exactly, giving lessons is the proof of fake, there is obviously never any one rule for everything, only the positive mean and freedom base to sense the right move are important and those are completly depending on the individual one alone

beside if you know what the freedom of another is it wont be his freedom anymore
it is clear how it is all like you said meaning taking advantage from what everyone fear life conditions to make some fake heroes on tv shows that people can project their freedom there since it is obvious how it is fake and nothing at all

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by imans
exactly, giving lessons is the proof of fake, there is obviously never any one rule for everything, only the positive mean and freedom base to sense the right move are important and those are completly depending on the individual one alone

beside if you know what the freedom of another is it wont be his freedom anymore
it is clear how it is all like you said meaning taking advantage from what everyone fear life conditions to make some fake heroes on tv shows that people can project their freedom there since it is obvious how it is fake and nothing at all

I am not giving any lessons, but merely showing my perception, which can teach.
I believe what I'm saying to be true, yet the main people in this thread believe what I say to be false, do not know why I believe it is true. You proclaim that you don't have to, because you actually wish to disagree Rather than to see why I understand. If you cannot see why I understand you should ask why, instead you make an alternate claim in attempt to void my understanding.

I am not trying to force anyone into my way of thinking, I am merely asking if you see why the quote makes sense to me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It is not a secret but a revelation for those that find this out for them self.
There never was a secret and never will, but it is our lack of clarity why we cannot see it.
One who does not fear what will become of him, is not chasing anything but lives with a chaste mind and true to himself.
Also he knows about pleasure, the pleasure of having succes, pleasure of possesion, pleasure of attention, pleasure of enlightenment, pleasure of power and position.
And this because fear and pleasure are related,the pleasure of having and the fear of losing.
Some say love is the opposite of fear, to me this is untrue, also i wonder if love really exists in this world.
To me its all about caring, caring for fellow earthlings, caring for our homeplanet, caring for the welbeing of us and the next generation.
This brings a tremendous responsibility which we do not take, because in this society there is only the pleasure of wealth, power and position and the fear of losing or not having it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

you keep thinking as if you create your reality a reality is a result not from one source, it is not because people fear lost that the world is what it looks like to you, anything happening is a fact not a will, wills dont do anything you can shout what you want as much as you can nothing of what you want can be achieved

lot of people live right geniunly, by taking a step out of reality knowing how to see it wiht certain distance from nothing where they are to know what is positive there for them and keep to themselves

reality is your source but nver you are a source of reality, any realisation you do as a living is true only when it is totally absolutely free just in mind, that is how the self and you are the same in truth your free life

but that is how objective reality is always itself one free life too

people try to justify themselves from waht they are living about as the only choice they got but they are not meaning that seriously
that is how manipulation of the mass is a business that run everywhre, every evil mind know that people dont mean anything and it is easy to fool them then

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

the whole secret of existence is to never mean existence as a source but as an object fact only, so you can then sense your freedom and your fantasy as being source there to anything you want to mean

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

very well put. It isn't a secret. I consider it a foundation where a temple will be built, and it is a very large temple! It is knowing how to build it with what tools that is the obstacle. You are the only one who can destroy the temple, but once the foundation is laid, it is hard to not want to build anything.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by juveous]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

I think the beauty of the quote is that it can be precisely understood in it's simple form. I Had also found it funny how I started to look at simple phrases that are over used in our society that now appear to have lost their meaning and appear cheesy or vague.

I'm not saying there is an important philosophical message at the end of a power rangers episode, but often we over look the power of simplicity.

It is those cliche quotes that have lasted hundreds if not thousands of years that we seem to overlook because of their overuse. But like you, I have come across so many that are great universal truth that need to be understood on a deeper level. Some examples for me are;

"Just breathe" .... I never knew how important the breath was until I began meditating and being mindfull. If you are ever angry or stressed just observe your breath and guide it to a deep slow rythem. Then you will understand why this quote has been around forever.

"Forgive and forget" ... Forgiveness is one of the most powerful tools we have to free ourselves. It opens up our hearts and let's all the love it. Clearing up painful grudges and blockages that do have more power over us than we know.

I could go on but it is a little off topic. Maybe we brainstorm on these cliche's for a new thread. There is a reason we hear them all the time, they just need to be felt on a deeper level.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”

Thats just garbage.

Anyone who believes such a vague sentence will probably fall for anything.
Sounds like something at the end of a Power Rangers episode.

Actually it's not garbage, it's a bassis for a precipt of extreme austere way of life, a more intouch with nature and yourself way. Brought about by a person and person's who unlike those who like to argue about fear and being in fear, knew abouth fear and devised a mantra/way to healp them get over fear. A person such as the budhha in his way but many others in there way

One such as miamoto musashy who lived by the sword but didn't die by the sword, in a time were there was very little time to question others ideologys and way of live. And unlike the movies like to portray sword fights as back and forth duels were you have time for a conversation while your fighting, but the truth is most sword fights last abouth 5 seconds then one is dead or dying, and often one wins and dies latter from wounds received. You dont even have time to think of thinking, What budhha said was incorporated into musashy's way, one that left little room for errors, and if you want to learn a little abouth controlling fears look at the man that fought in war and killed over 60 men in duels to the death lots of wich he fought with a woden sword against a steal sword. Bellow is what he wrote of his way.

The Way of Walking Alone, by miamoto musashy.

Do not turn your back on the various Ways of this world.
Do not scheme for physical pleasure.
Do not intend to rely on anything.
Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.
Do not ever think in acquisitive terms.
Do not regret things about your own personal life.
Do not envy another's good or evil.
Do not lament parting on any road whatsoever.
Do not complain or feel bitterly about yourself or others.
Have no heart for approaching the path of love.
Do not have preferences.
Do not harbor hopes for your own personal home.
Do not have a liking for delicious food for yourself.
Do not carry antiques handed down from generation to generation.
Do not fast so that it affects you physically.
While it's different with military equipment, do not be fond of material things.
While on the Way, do not begrudge death.
Do not be intent on possessing valuables or a fief in old age.
Respect the gods and Buddhas, but do not depend on them.
Though you give up your life, do not give up your honor. Never depart from the Way of the Martial Arts.

Yup deffinatly not one you would want to be fighting against. But his way like the budhhas is not very practical in society, I quess it's a take what works for you and move on type of experience.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Fear vanishes with enlightenment. Enlightenment is knowing yourself inside and out.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Yup deffinatly not one you would want to be fighting against. But his way like the budhhas is not very practical in society, I quess it's a take what works for you and move on type of experience.

I actually think this is very applicable in society, but nearly impossible without allowing parts of your ego in interfere constantly along the way.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I don't think it would be off topic at all, and would love it if you would go on. I have just recently rediscovered "Carpe diem", through Eckhart Tolle's books, and I find it very fascinating and helpful. The breathing meditation is an awesome tool.

When you let the love back in to your life, you will overcome fear, as many of the posters seem to have both realized and felt. Keep letting the love lead you

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

I actually think this is very applicable in society, but nearly impossible without allowing parts of your ego in interfere constantly along the way.

Actually most can be applicable in society, some though like "Have no heart for approaching the path of love". and "Do not be intent on possessing valuables or a fief in old age". Are basically remnants of his personal life the dude literally lived by himself in the woods for most of his life. So some aren't applicable to most people. And martial arts is a way to squash the ego, because in any battle especially in sword fighting the ego will get you killed fast. The ego is delusion it's looking at the world through a fogy perspective, you must see things as they are in the moment not as you think they are, a clear mind. And what dude's like musashy and others familiar with life or death conflict said, in conflict you must have no ego if you want to survive. But like most things easyer said then done.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNorthernLight

on the contrary you become a miserable thing dependant on fake positive freedom built upon obvious negative sense

you become trapped by nature on all terms

a thing cannot kill its opposite, a result would be of what both are and that is also the fact of duality that mean nothing but unsane negative existence

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
fear no evil see no evil...
its hard though in this confused and manipulated world!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join