It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new newbie here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hello, uh I don't really know what to say, but the guidelines suggest making an introductory thread and a mandatory 20 posts before being able to post.

Recently I started reading and researching UFO phenomena, and have some first hand experience paranormal experiences but no direct ufo experience. I've lived all my life in an asian 'buddhist' family that has experience with paranormal phenomena and powers involving a specific obscure tradition in buddhism.

While that may the case even with all the strange stuff, I don't consider myself a diehard believer in supernatural stuff or a buddhist in any strict sense but more of an indepedent thinker and have for years and done reading various topics involving philosophy, other religions, and now ufo's, possible government conspiracies/ secret government/ and coverups particularly involving the topic of UFO's.

Before I decided to register here, originally I was something of a casual poster on a forum for skeptics, let's just say the UFO thing didn't wash there very well at all. So here I am where I hope people will be a little more sane and less close-minded.

Well that's it, while I tend to be a little on the skeptical side as David hume said a rock can fall to the floor several times, but you'll never know if the next one floats to the top.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by redrezo]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS redrezo,

You'll fit right in here
ATS is filled with people who are interested in the Alien & UFO phenomenon, infact I'm a believer myself.
Hope you enjoy your time here. ATS is like a community, we'll help you the best we can.

All the best,
Jordan.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hey there,

20 days here and you'll end up hating UFO threads. Trust me. I started off fascinated with UFOlogy until 20,000,000 people started taking photos of seagulls or planes claiming them to be UFOs.

Plus, if you have an interest in the year 2012, expect to learn the names of 40,000 different fictional alien entities coming to save us when SHTF.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Enjoy.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi welcome to ATS

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

~ SK

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Jordan and Klass - Thank you very much for your replies I will keep that in mind.

Whine Flu - Also thank you for your warning, but before coming here I expected that in a way.

I feel that an ongoing topic such as UFO's which is high priority on the government's cover up list, is going to have a high noise to signal ratio to encourage doubt and discourage too many people from investigating and forming credible theories that turn out to be true.

This I believe is partly as a result of over zealous people and further compounded by disinformation being spread through government agents.

Though you are right as far as losing interest, it's not like I'm too gung ho about the topic, I plan to take it slow, and mainly just reading stuff while I recover from an illness.

other than that I like your Avatar, Assassins creed 1 & 2 are fun games with a good story.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

Hi redrezo, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join