It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point in any of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
We are all screwed. Look at all the posts on this forum, I know most of them are just paranoid ramblings and urban legends, but there is still a significant number of important subjects with solid evidence.

Yet little is being done about any of it.

People are claiming more and more people are waking up. That is bull#. Nobody wants to wake up. People are happy being slaves, people are happy being ignorant. So, if they are happy, whats the point in taking it from them?

We are way too deep now to get out of this #. People seem to be happy to discuss it on here but where are the real activists? Where are the protestors?

Nothing will ever change. This is human nature, this will repeat over and over again. We will bomb ourselves almost to extinction then a remnant (most likely of the elite) will rise again.

Nobody seems to care about learning lessons, people are more bothered about living comfortably and not caring about who goes without so they can have an excess.

This human civilisation is pathetic.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Couldn't agree more, we are the way we are, the word is arrogance..

Sorry state of human nature.

Thanks for your thoughts, great to read them, and agree that history did, and still does continually repeat itself.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Take your life into your own hands and live it the way you want. Quit your job and live in the wilderness somewhere. No use complaining about other people. Do what you do for yourself and nobody else.

You'll have to give up the luxuries of modern living though, if you choose to go without money. That's hard for most people to give up.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Take your life into your own hands and live it the way you want. Quit your job and live in the wilderness somewhere. No use complaining about other people. Do what you do for yourself and nobody else.

You'll have to give up the luxuries of modern living though, if you choose to go without money. That's hard for most people to give up.

I do what I can, and I know others do too. But its not enough. There are too few people doing anything.

Who said anything about living in the wilderness being the solution? Who said anything about getting rid of money? IMO thats going backwards. Money the way I see it is needed because if you require a particular service or goods, without money you will need to return the favour with a service of goods of your own, and what if you have nothing that the trader wants? Money will enable them to get what they want.

The problem is not living in a society. The problem is people becoming apathetic to the widespread corruption and greed because they ultimately benefit from it.

Can you imagine where we would be if all our technology was built in harmony with nature? Can you imagine what we'd be able to achieve if technology was developed with genuinely furthering our understanding, rather than more ways to destroy other people?

Our way of life is not so evil as people claim, it has its flaws like all other cultures on this planet, but ultimately its the corruption of our way of life that causes problems. And people who just sit by and do nothing.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Relax, itll be all good.

If you perma-hang out on sites like ATS and spend most of the time in artificial environments, it ll all look start looking doomy and gloomy.

If you overfeed yousrself with this kind of info ALL THE TIME your mind starts turning it into (personal) reality.

If you let a matter and reality creating instrument like this go to waste by over-ATSing and monocultural information (knowledge) flow, you dont do yourself a favor.

Meet real people, i was astonished how many "woken up " people i met, and still meet, people i would never have thought of, which gave me a greater sense of happiness than seeing someone reasonable on ATS from time to time.
Its really amazing and puts things into a new perspective.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've always wondered about people who "do nothing". I have been involved in the voluntary sector for a good part of my life and I know that getting out there and doing "something" is really worthwhile - but too many people want something for themselves out of whatever they do - even if it is short-term gratification which does them little good in the end. Why is this?

Is it lack of knowledge, culture, personality? Perhaps also I may think they are doing nothing when actually they are, so have to be careful here! It is also a train of thought that can lead ultimately to eugenics - which is not a pretty topic. Who are we to judge what is best for society?

So what is the point in any of this? It makes us think, interact, learn - and perhaps some of us might even stick our heads over the parapet.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I just meant if you want to get out from under the slavery thing, you'll have to live outside of normal society. Otherwise, you need to get money to pay your bills and whatnot.

You hit the nail on the head; most people benefit from the system. No one is going to rise up and bring it down. That's a pipe dream if there ever was one. The days of revolutions are over. At least in the US and West they are.

Originally posted by Firefly_

Can you imagine where we would be if all our technology was built in harmony with nature?

Yes, we would be back in the Stone Age.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by TheComte]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You're correct that it is very unlikely that things will change. Humans resist change.

It seems that you are down about all of this. I agree with Dynamitrios - get out and look at what is beautiful about the world. Take a walk outside and really experience nature.

You may be forgetting that harsh reality and cliche that life really is not fair. It really isn't... but it is beautiful if you look for the beauty.

Don't ignore the inequity but also don't ignore the beauty either.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Two points I would like to make. The first being that alot of people (I for one) feel at a loss to make much needed changes. Look at the bank bailouts and health care reform as one example. There are much stronger and pervasive powers controlling the world. The gods of greed, corruptness and hate are being served.

I've concluded that there just might be the something winding up to the doomsday scenario. This site has reaffirmmed my own feeings that alot of like minded people also conclude some catalysmic end. This being said I for one choose to look within to strenghten my resolve to face whatever comes and know this reality is not the end all in my cosmic journey.

And No. I am not a christian.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What should we do? Go to Washington and demand that they do what we want or maybe we will kill someone? That would be a stupid Idea. What has already been done as far as tea parties ect. is doing nothing to help.

So instead we can only help ourselves, by making sure that we have everything needed for our families just in case if the SHTF. Because one never knows what tomorrow will bring. That is all we can do, because otherwise we may end up in prison or even killed by TPTB. Which wouldn't help our families at all.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The Point of This- To Me is...

staying a jump ahead of events, like this financial crisis for example,
or the pop culture 'i deserve everything' mindset... which seems to be a big part of your gripes.

if you view mine or anothers' perogative to thrive in life and not just subsist as being selfish, selfserving.... reflect on the adage;
[god helps those who help themseves]

the forces of the status quo around us shap the general direction our lives may go, there's no excaping that, even if one goes off-grid, becomes a hermit out in the wilds the acid rain stll fallon your head and distresses those crops you garden & those fish you poach from your nearby stream or lake

new topics

top topics

join