It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe your dreams are real and this is the real dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I put this in skunk works because it's entirely subjective and unfalsifiable. Has nothing to do with conspiracies, but couldn't think where else to put it.

I often have serial dreams. Dreams which incorporate past dreams. And in one series of dreams, I am a captain in the wehrmacht. I don't do any persecuting, burning books, etc, I work in an office. In that dream I have a wife and children, know their names, etc, though I never remember them when I'm in this waking reality, a house, all the usual attributes of a life. There are no anachronisms. Weird things don't happen there. I don't fly or levitate and nobody comes to work in a rowboat or stuff like that. All very real worldly for 1930's Germany. Boring even. And don't call me a nazi. In this year 2010 life I'm gay. In this present waking life, long ago, I learned to several times a day stop and concentrate on what's around me to see if anything was unusual. And to look at something to see if I could focus on it. I was told that that that was a way to find out if you were dreaming, and if you make a habit of doing it several times a day, that habit will often continue while you are dreaming. If you realized you were dreaming, you could take control of it and have some fun. Anyway, I remember there vaguely remembering this life, like it was a dream. For just the slightest moment I wondered if I was remembering a dream or dreaming at that moment. I looked at my desk. It was brown. I could almost see the pores in the wood. I felt my trousers. I could feel them. The texture. I smelled the air. Smelled like an office. Decided that that world was indeed real and went on about my business. Needless to say I woke up eventually. Didn't remember most of what I did there, but remembered that.

When I am here, I think that this is the real world. But I could be mistaken and this is a dream. When I'm there, there is no doubt in my mind that that is the way my life is. That me doesn't even have a concept of what I'm talking about, that it might only be a dream. That is my life. Is there anybody here who has similar dream lives?

I also have regular dreams where I fly and do dream things. I remember many more of them than of wehrmacht world.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

I've had dreams with narrators over the top of them! Some have had theme music or been TV shows I've never seen. What the mind can come up with when we aren't awake is crazy and amazing. Instead of reality, they are like snapshot adventures in virtual reality and with all senses present the line is blurred almost to irrelevance. One for our philosophers maybe?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Maybe you are experiencing latent memories of a past life.

I sometimes have lucid dreams. But, I know they're dreams because I can fly.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I once had a dream that I was a little boy with an Australian father and an English mother. We were getting ready to move to a weird place called America. Nothing strange aside from the fact that I'm a grown man born in Cincinnati, Ohio and I've never been fortunate enough to venture overseas. I've also had seemingly continuous dreams that carry over into other dreams, where I even experience memories of things that only could've happened in a dream. It's really bizarre when I wake up after these. My name is Daniel in the dream world. In real life, people tend to call me Bryan. lol

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Def Youth

very interesting i am also able to have vivid dreams that interlock with each other over months, also i am able after waking from a good dream able to fall asleep and continue on with that same dream sometimes three times in a sleep (i usually cant sleep for more than 14h) but can also go back next time i sleep (if the dream is memorable enough) or days later by accident

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Maybe they are both real.
Maybe when you sleep, you are taking on the 'other you' in the'other world'.

Parallel dimensions. Both of which are connected through a universal(no pun intended)outlet, your brain.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
“I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke.
Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?”

- Chuang Tzu, 3rd Century BCE

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I pretty much do tend to think that yes.. our soul if you will.. is native to the realm closer to Dreamtime than this physical place.. here is a link to somthing a very close friend of mine wrote back in 1995..

web.archive.org...

He told me he just knows from instinct.. I know what can you say.. but interesting read for some maybe..

RDDS

top topics

join