It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty? Bureaucrats already drawing up plan to implement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, already has drafted a plan for processing 13 million illegal alien applicants for amnesty in a 30-week period at an estimated cost of $1 billion, WND has learned.

Source

I don't like to use World Net Daily as my only source, but if this turns out to be true, what a firestorms its going to be.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Surly this is a positive initiative, Gets everyone on board so to speak and will help establish proper working directives, The former "Illegals" will have to become legitimate, Paying proper taxes and subscribing to the system, As well ensuring proper recruitment of suitable employees ensuring,
More real jobs.... IMO

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Yeah and 13 million more underemployed, undereducated people to have to provide for. The husband goes off to work a dead end job, their wife stays home and gets fat and has 5 kids they can't afford and meanwhile those kids go to McDonald's 5 times a week and end up becoming obese and diabetic teenagers! And all our children will have to be "bilingual" spanish speaking. Great idea! I swear Americans are morons nowadays. I'm ashamed to see just how far my country has fallen.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I'm sure their gonna tout out the old 'back of the line' gimmick. Sure, you may be in the back of the line process wise, but you are still in the US and using the system. As someone who has had family have to wait YEARS IN LINE to get to the US, anything short of deportation is unacceptable.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ok you may have taken me the wrong way there, What i was trying to get across was these "illegals" will lose the initiative to stay in your country and move on elsewhere, (back home) the service industries will still need to employ legitimate employees (tax payers), Thus cutting out "blackmarket" cheap employment,
And creating new jobs for citizens of your country....
The way i see it its plain old empire building, simples

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Then what? Are they gonna close down the border or will 13 million more come over here? This situation is easily fixed by getting all employers arrested for hiring them. Instead they wanna get their free votes and screw all of us over in the process.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It would be nice to see them all self-deport, but I can't imagine any such government amnesty to provide the initiative for that. They would be loosing too many potential voters.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Ventian you hit the nail on the head my friend....

"employers arrested for hiring them"

This is a shot across the bow so to speak at the employers to get there act together and get into the real world "wake up smell the coffee", No more cheap labour here,

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
They can call it the

Pro-human trafficking & criminal employer amnesty bill.

human trafficking:

A criminal activity in which people are recruited, harboured, transported, bought, or kidnapped to serve an exploitative purpose, such as sexual ...
en.wiktionary.org...

Simpson act II
Amnesty is given to millions & none of the promises are kept.

Simpson Act 1986

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Since government and big business want illegals here, the only people they would ever arrest or fine for hiring them is smaller mom and pop operations. You think the government is going to come down on Dole for employing them?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'll bet the outcome of the Congressional votes is already known. I have no doubt such legislation will pass. The word "amnesty" = votes, and there are plenty of politicians who are willing to use it, Republican and Democrat alike.

Would this be the wrong time to stick my thumbs in my ears, wave my fingers and sing "I told you so...I told you so"? (Shameless plug for the thread in my sig)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Any Amnesty bill MUST have a provision written in it stating that there will NEVER be another Amnesty..........

If they pass a bill without this provision we will be doing another Amnesty within 20 years.

With this provision we will be telling anyone that want to enter illegally that the US is closed to illegals and anyone else entering will be arrested and deported period.

This will go a long way to stop illegals from entering the US

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
With this provision we will be telling anyone that want to enter illegally that the US is closed to illegals and anyone else entering will be arrested and deported period.

Sure, that's all they need to get them to start obeying the laws; a new law saying the same thing it already says.

No amnesty or laws will stop them. The only solution is to deport, enforce border security, stop the benefits/incentives, severely punish employers who higher.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
But wait up a second...haven't all of you stated you have no problem with LEGAL immigrants???

Well...if this goes forward and passes...they will be LEGAL or CITIZENS.

And then you will welcome them as brothers...right???

I thought your ONLY problem with them is that they were breaking the law by just being here...well if that is removed then you should have absolutely NO PROBLEM with them being here.

That is of course all this "outrage" over immigrations isn't about race...like you all keep saying it's not. Because if you are still angry AFTER they become LEGAL or CITIZENS...then I'm going to have to call you a liar.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You Again.

I realize that you just do it to antagonize, so either you just get off on that, are completely anti-american in the most traditional sense, or can't grasp the simplest concept.

No, amnesty does not change the facts. A rose by any other name.

They broke the law, meaning they didn't respect the nations laws and sovereignty. From my experience, they don't want to assimilate into the various American cultures.

If they were to write a law allowing criminal behavior to be made acceptable, then that just indicates that the politicians are as corrupt and criminal, which is already known.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
NO amnesty! ever

they broke the law simply as that.

deport them and never have the chance to become legal.

i am sick of people breaking the law and getting rewarded for it.

without the border closed the endless droves would come here in a heartbeat.

no other minorty(if they really are a minority with as many here now) does the us government and us people bend over backwards to accomadate and kiss their asses.

i have major problems with the mexico flag wavers, ever where you go spanish signs, automated messaging systems in spanish. we are the usa we speak english.

there are other minority in the us and none have the preferential treatment that spanish have.

i have nothing agianst them. i dont. but if you live in america. speak english and the only flags you should be loyal to is the us.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by neo96]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Thought i would throw in a chart demonstrating the diversity of the citizens of America,
America's Ethnic Population

The Ethnic list is compiled from multiple sources such as surveys, Census and Tract information.

African Amer. 6,821708 Greek 267,874 Polish 1,041,378
Arabic 587,100 Hungarian 387,524 Portuguese 327,004
Chinese 931,854 Icelandic 1,491 Russian 387,814
Czech 234,202 Indian 418,559 Scottish 6,987486
Danish 524,774 Irish 5,387,588 Spanish 8,965297
Dutch 1,966,881 Italian 3,467,078 Swedish 992,875
English 27,054,951 Japanese 356,539 Thai 26,021
Estonian 17,547 Israeli 161,654 Turkish 35,832
Finnish 131,335 Korean 315,271 Ukrainian 84,572
French 2,382214 Lithuanian 47,774 Vietnamese 417,952
German 6,499,748 Norwegian 417,887 Welsh 2,913,847

I had no idea (me being naive) your country was made up of so many nationalities ?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I don't like to use World Net Daily as my only source, but if this turns out to be true, what a firestorms its going to be.

I sincerely hope it is not true. But something has to be done. I've suspected ever since healthcare passed that immigration reform and axing social security and medicare wouldn't be far behind.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
...diversity of the citizens of America...

a native or naturalized member of a state or other political community
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

...America's Ethnic Population..

: of or relating to large groups of people classed according to common racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background b : being a member of a specified ethnic group c : of, relating to, or characteristic of ethnics
www.merriam-webster.com...

...so many nationalities...

people having common origins or traditions and often comprising a nation; "immigrants of the same nationality often seek each other out";
the status of belonging to a particular nation by birth or naturalization
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Membership can that be acquired by being born within the jurisdiction of a state, by inheriting it from parents, or by a process of naturalization ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationality

: Membership of a particular nation or state, by origin, birth, naturalization, ownership, allegiance or otherwise; National, i.e. ethnic and/or cultural, character or identity; A people sharing a common origin, culture and/or language, and possibly constituting a nation-state; Political ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nationality

I am curious if you considered the actual definitions of the words which I bolded, from your comments.

The true key words were "citizen" and "nationality". Although many here and in the mainstream media attempt to gloss over this fact, there are few "citizens" of the U.S. who don't welcome immigrants (sans the illegal prefix). There is no mass movement to discontinue the naturalization process.

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

Look, there's that pesky word again...citizen.

I wish I had the resources to conduct a poll of those who have entered the U.S. illegally. I really wonder how many would actually follow the legal process of naturalization, if granted "amnesty" in the manner the last and current administrations support. I wonder how many meet the

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for naturalization under section 316(a) of the INA, an applicant must:

Be 18 or older

Be a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence, for at least 3 months prior to the date of filing the application

Have continuous residence in the United States as a permanent resident for at least 5 years immediately preceding the date of the filing the application

Be physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing the application

Reside continuously within the United States from the date of application for naturalization up to the time of naturalization

Be able to read, write, and speak English and have knowledge and an understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).

Be a person of good moral character, attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States during all relevant periods under the law
www.uscis.gov... nnel=86bd6811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

There is always a lot of talk about the difficulty of the naturalization process. Ridiculous. The government even provides study materials, for the test, including flash cards for civics and vocabulary.

Anyway, I kinda got off track there. Can you provide the source for the info in your post? I'm curious about how the original article utilized the words "citizen", "ethnic" and "nationality".

[edit on 18-5-2010 by WTFover]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Any Amnesty bill MUST have a provision written in it stating that there will NEVER be another Amnesty..........

If they pass a bill without this provision we will be doing another Amnesty within 20 years.

Sorry to have to tell you but amnesty has been doled out 6 times in the last 24 years so your 20 prediction as to the next amnesty may be off by 15 or 16 years.

And yes it didn't really work the last six times either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join