It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The government and corporations are to blame. The illegals are to blame as well for the theivery of their false identities and false documentations.

Will everyone please read NightStar's comment quoted above.

She has the insight to know who the real enemy is.

Excellent post! If I were a moderator, I'de give you a thousand extra stars. You hit the nail on the head, fast and square.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

The US constitution does not apply down in old mexico. I would say that the feeling that I got from the original post was more of a "tossed in a hole and held without a chance of ever seeing daylight ever again" type of prison instead of denied certain freedoms like "house arrest" or being held in an office for a couple of hours. Also the comparison was to the way illegals are treated in the states which happens to be similar.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by oozyism

Furthermore..an slow INVASION into a nation by a foreign force (Illegals) can do more harm to a country over time than standing armies. That is a DIRECT threat...which has INDIRECT consequences that are usually seen too LATE....example of where we are at now.

If you are American...your Government is ALLOWING your NATION( Genocide) to be structurally compromised and destroyed.

Genocide against Americans...allowed by special interests and the Federal Government....through Illegal Immigration and all of the INDIRECT effects from it.

You are being moved out, looted, socially engineered, displaced, dispersed, a watered down slowly and methodically.

Americans are being babied to death.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Immigration by the Numbers: 1

Immigration by the Numbers: 2

Not sure how many of you have seen this. But this is a great video on why we MUST do something to cut down on illegal immigration AND LEGAL Immigration. Yes, you heard me right.. watch the video..

[edit on 17-5-2010 by djcloudy]

[edit on 17-5-2010 by djcloudy]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
seriously doubt mexico or others would accept 10 million odd deporties back into their country, you are stuck with them however you deal with the situation.

it costs dollars for your goverment and yourselves wether they are allowed free reign or being detained in some camp for a lifetime.

the only thing would be to try and stop anymore from getting through as illegals, and to fix the issues of how these people can cheat the systems in place already.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by redgy]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
seriously doubt mexico would accept 10 million odd deporties back into their country, you are stuck with them however you deal with the situation.

it costs dollars for your goverment and yourselves wether they are allowed free reign or being detained in some camp for a lifetime.

the only thing would be to try and stop anymore from getting through as illegals, and to fix the issues of how these people can cheat the systems in place already.

Yep, we have to fix the "nanny state" as its called.. remove the incentives to come here illegally.. and they'll head back to Mexico..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
seriously doubt mexico or others would accept 10 million odd deporties back into their country, you are stuck with them however you deal with the situation.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by redgy]

Any country is obligated to take back it's own citizens no matter how many there are. The thing is that it would probably be agreed upon by both countries as to the best way to handle it. I mean that is the whole reason behind being diplomatic.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

From what I have heard, Mexico's upper crust are more 'white' than the caste that risk the border trek for life in the US. Essentially a white-hispanic vs native indian-hispanic, and there is much racism between them. (Please correct me if I am misunderstanding that anyone)

Perhaps they would try to keep the 'riff-raff' out.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

No they are legally obligated to take back every one of their citizens. I have known of people who are taken straight from the prison system and placed on a plane non stop to their home countries. Whether they decide to stay or try to get back is their choice. I do know that there is federal time for deported felons who are found in the US after being deported.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Oh I know they are obligated to take them back. I'm just saying if we implemented a policy and suddenly in a matter of weeks or months, virtually all the illegals were self-deporting or we were rounding them up for deportation, the idea of getting them ALL back might upset their home nations.

I think your right, that they would likely work out a phased return or something through diplomatic channels.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Right they would come to a diplomatic solution. Like some had said it has taken years if not decades to have all those people move from one country to another and it would be a large task to get them all sent back in a short amount of time.

I know some are of the f**k them mentality but the truth is that after all is said and done you still have to live next to each other (Mexico and the US). You have signed agreements (NAFTA) and although each US citizen didn't sign you did grant the government power to sign on your behalf.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
reply to post by BlasteR

Yeah WHATEVER DUDE! My grandfather was part of the LA GAngster squad in the 1940's... you think that these are NEW problems...HAHAHAHAHA!!!
This has been going on for at least since he was born, and really looking back, since this country began.
Drug smuggling? Through Mexico? Was rampant in the 1940's. Gangs? Hahaha...
What a joke. Things are just the way they like them...and always have. WHO, in the end, do you think really profits from ALL OF THIS??? Follow the money. I guarantee, Pablo Escobar was easy to bring down compared to who really PROFITED from his work..."DRUG LORD" what a joke...
A completely SKEWED perspective of what's really going comes from focusing constantly on the symptoms, and not the real NATURE of the problem. That is exactly HOW we have been trained as SHEEP in America...follow the ball under the shell, place your bets...

Laws are in place for a reason. They need to be enforced. If we can't control the borders of our own sovereign territory then the law isn't being enforced.

In this case, we either need to change the laws to make illegal immigration legal (bad idea) or we need to enforce the borders and prevent illegals from entering this country by whatever means available to us.

Right now the whole idea of people patrolling the border is a joke. There's no reason to patrol anything if you can't prevent people from entering the country illegally. It's a waste of time and resources.

People coming into the United States illegally from Mexico aren't exactly all innocent people looking for a better life either.

-ChriS

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
You have signed agreements (NAFTA) and although each US citizen didn't sign you did grant the government power to sign on your behalf.

And that is a match for a whole other fire.

Cheers!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Very well done post..i just wanted to add here, that illegals are being hired hand over fist for many jobs that could be and were previously, given to US citizens. When growing up in NYS, i remember a few times when younger that certain cafes or diners would get 'raided' and loads of illegals would run out of the back door.. it used to be kind of a local joke sadly enough, to what is a serious problem despite who wants to face that it is or not, and you are also absolutely right OP about resources. What really got me, is when i lived there, i was trying to get my fiance to move over to live from the UK to the US, he has certain expertise that the visa should have been straight forward and basic enough.. so after months and months of paperwork and a great deal of money trying to do it their way..the legal way.. he was denied a work visa because his potential employer in the States messed up his side of the paperwork and we would have to start all over again, time aggrivation and money, to appeal the decision.. so i find it sad really, that its easy for these illegals to live and work and stay in the country when those trying to be honest and do things correctly, get the short end over doing so. it doesnt add up.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So what are the penalty for an employer who employes illegal immigrants?

I can understand that the illegals are sent back when found, but surely they wouldn't be getting all those jobs mentuiioned by OP if it was penalized to employ them. And with penalized I mean in a way that truly discourages using them for cheap labour.

I'm sure a hefty fine first time and then a prison sentence would persuade those evil employers to stop undermining the proud nation what makes it possible for them to # on their fellow Americans.

I just wonder - perhaps the surge of illegals are there because it is better than where they come from and almost gratis for the evil employer.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
reply to post by lpowell0627

One thing is College and another thing is raising a family of three (some single-parents).

So I chose college and they chose to have children? This negates my hard work how? Perhaps they should have waited? It's not my call to make, it's theirs. But to complain about it, like they had to have 3 children is ridiculous.

Oh -- and I was raised by a single parent that was a teacher making $8900 per year when my father left. So yes, I am familiar with that too.

Life is full of choices. Having children is a choice.

Also, I received no assistance, no grants, nothing. My tuition back then was $11,000 per year -- I couldn't afford the room and board so I had to commute.

Those are called sacrifices for getting what you want from life.

I have kids of my own to take care of now. So don't preach to me about how expensive they are. But I chose to have them. So now I take care of them. There have been a number of part-time jobs taken over the years in order to bridge some gaps in the lack of intake versus the amount of exhaust. Again, it's about choice and priorties.

As a final note -- I'm nothing special. I'm not claiming to be better than, or superior, or anything like that over anyone else.

My point is: If I did it anyone can, and I'm sure others have.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by lpowell0627

Unfortunately, that just doesn't change the fact that they broke the law and if you or I break the law, we face the consequences.

True. But if we break a law that is a misdemeanor, we wouldn't have law enforcement looking for us as though we were dangerous felons.

My only hope is that the issue gets addressed and resolved.

I agree with you 100%. I don't, in my mind, picture enforcing immigration laws by having the police or military scanning our streets for illegals day and night and loading them all in a van as they drive along picking up more.

I don't think the ideal balance can be found in a witch hunt-type scenario.

That being said, what infuriates me is when ICE is called and they simply claim to not have the time to deal with the problem. That is the travesty in my opinion.

There are certain situations in which it's pretty obvious that people are living here illegally. For example, when they line up on the side of the road in the mornings and wait for a pick-up truck, different everyday, to pick some of them up for day work.

It is the obvious situations such as above that are ignored that simply trample all over our laws and encourage others to break it as well. The kind of thinking that makes what used to be 20 workers on the street, has now ballooned to more than 50.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Since this website is about denying ignorance I thought I would post some actual facts:

From Factcheck.org:

Does Immigration Cost Jobs?

Read for yourself and let the evidence be your guide.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
From what I've seen, Latinos are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Maybe that's part of the reason they are getting hired. That being said, I 100% believe that any immigrant should follow the laws and regulations that are set.

If we "legalize" and tax these folks, I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to come to the states. Who the hell am I to say where some person I've never met should live?!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
Since this website is about denying ignorance I thought I would post some actual facts:

From Factcheck.org:

Does Immigration Cost Jobs?

Read for yourself and let the evidence be your guide.

Well, judging from your post , you completely ignored my OP, which this thread ABOUT.

Your "fact check" (giggle) link means nothing compared to the years of what I...as a native of Los Angeles...know and see with my own eyes...of being in the business world here, a business owner myself, and someone who has MANY contacts in this city.

I also can post many links that oppose your link and we can go about this forever.

Hiding behind the "Deny Ignorance" meme doesn't make your link or it's tenants any more "real" than my own experience along with the experience of millions of others who live in border states.

Waving the "deny ignorance" banner isn't a trump card that gives ONE LINK some validity out of nowhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join