It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
OK maybe those who are pro-illegals can understand a bit better what is going on with an analogy.

Let's say you have a very nice house that you've worked very hard for. You pay all your taxes which allow you to keep your house, your car, etc.. In other words, you've worked hard to give your family nice things and make sure they have all they need.

Little do you know but someone has sneaked into your house when you're not at home and is now living in your attic. When you're not home, they eat your food, they watch your tv, they sleep in your bed, they use your bathroom...and they even take one of your cars out and drive around town and empty the gas tank.

Now one day you've noticed that you have less then what you thought you should have based on how much money you've spent. You notice food gone, your water bill has gone up, your electrical bill has gone up, your cable tv bill has gone up, your gasoline purchases have gone up. You get suspicious and decide to look around and find that a person is living in your attic...
What do you do now ??????
Do you:
A: Invite him into your home and allow him to continue draining your finances and resources?
B: Call the cops as he is there illegally and stealing from you?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I know this is an ILLUSION...But it's a REAL ILLUSION...Right? Isn't that what you are saying? No SIR, You are the GENIUS, my friend...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I do! Tell you what, if you and I invaded Mexico and got caught, you can bet we would be locked up in some kind of camp/prison for an illegal act. And the OP is right, it IS an INVASION of a foreign national base of people who have entered illegally, and that, coupled with the numbers involved, could in fact be considered an act of war. I do not live in LA, nor near the border States, but I did, until 6 years ago live in northern Indiana in what used to be a resort town on 15,000. I saw the original land owners sell out at rock bottom prices when the Hispanics invaded and took over the city. Crowds of Mexicans were suddenly everywhere, I have seen them pull up to the welfare office in a high end SUV, finish off a joint, and got in for their food stamps and money. I saw what was once nice homes destroyed when 7 families moved in and slept like sardines in a can, parking their cars in the yard and throwing trash everywhere, along with beer cans and whiskey bottles. Teenage girls were getting pregnant, and the fathers were no place to be seen. I took my family and fled because if this. I saw the town lose millions because the tourists no longer come, and now the town may as well be in Mexico.

I think herding them all up, the illegals now, and doing a mass deportation is a good idea. when can we begin? If the towns and counties would stand up for themselves, and flood ICE with calls and complaints, and chase them out of town and down the road things could get better. Jail the employers that hire them. Win by attrition. If we take away the jobs, the free hospital care, and the welfare....they will have nothing to stay for. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The thing is that "Illegal Immigration" is spin. It can be spun a different way. Like "Mexico is such an exploitative and victimizing country that it's people are starving and poor and compelled to invade foreign counties like the uSA" or "Latinos are now being brainwashed by 'La Raza' propaganda into thinking it's their right and duty to invade the uSA" or "the Central American wars cultivated a generation of butchers now part of the invading armies known as 'illegal immigrants', watch for the movie machete, a call to arms for La Raza".

All kinds of angles can be put on it. The point is the angles don't matter so long as nothing is done and the states honor executive orders from the corporation USA or do nothing but want the fed to take care of them. The army from the south will come, the wars in the west will trigger a rational for UN "Peace Keepers" to invade and just like any where else they invade, the goal is to facilitate transformation of the government and see the slaughters go on as the NWO wishes. People will be rounded up for their "protection", etc...

The hope is this has been neutered by the Restore America Plan.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree with the OP 110%.

As I get older and notice my interest in politics grows, this issue involving illegal immigration is of the utmost importance to me. It the only issue involving illegal activity by millions of people that the government chooses to bury it's head in the sand about or even sometimes actually support.

If your the President, you can even make a joke at the correspondents dinner poking fun at Arizona for trying to uphold the Constitution since you choose not to while innocent ranchers and other citizens in border states' lives are affected by this issue everyday in the form of increased gang activity, kidnapping, identity theft, rape, drug smuggling, and economic ramifications. Also, the often persistent anti American attitude of the Mexicans who have no interest whatsoever in assimilating into our culture.

This issue gives a perfect example of why come November, people like Obama won't be laughing anymore as people like myself who never bothered to vote anymore are driven to voice their outrage at the voting booth and we clean house like never before.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Exuberant1

I do! Tell you what, if you and I invaded Mexico and got caught, you can bet we would be locked up in some kind of camp/prison for an illegal act.

You would be wrong. You would only be detained by mexican immigration and they would have to return you to your country of origin ASAP.

Being illegal in mexico does not carry any prison time, only a fine that is usually not enforced.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

You would be wrong. You would only be detained by mexican immigration and they would have to return you to your country of origin ASAP.

No you would be wrong.

They would hold you in a prison/camp until you could be deported.

Deal with it.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
All of the illegals should be rounded up and held in FEMA camps until we can ship them to their nation of origin (who will receive a bill).

Rounding them up and holding them would immediately take them out of the job market, allowing the millions of unemployed Americans opportunities for employment.

Along with not occupying an American's job, they won't be collecting welfare or benefits while they are in the holding camps.

We could do at least two million a year if we made an effort and allowed rewards for entrepreneurs who want to get in on the thing. Many illegals would probably try to flee to another country or just return home and skip the not-so-fun period that comes with being caught and detained by the authorities.

Sounds like this could be the next big reality tv show. "Dawg the Illegal Alien Hunter".

*Does anyone else think we should round them up and ship them home en masse?

To be fair, all other countries would have our permission to ship home all the Americans who are illegally in their countries.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

No you would be wrong.

They would hold you in a prison/camp until you could be deported.

Deal with it.

The original statement was "camp/prison for an illegal act". Being detained until deported, which could be a couple of hours if in a bordertown, is not prison. Just like being held in a police station until you are charged or let go is not prison.

EDIT - Even if you are held until a trial after being charged this still does not constitute a prison sentence.

If you asked to go before an immigration judge you would have to post bail to be allowed in Mexico until your hearing.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If all the illegal immigrants were deported from America then there wouldn't be any people left in America except the remnants of the native Americans. The rest are immigrants, and illegal because genocide is illegal. The occupation of American land was illegal and cannot be forgiven by the natives who have been forced into confined spaces by the immigrants, and stolen their jobs and economy.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

youve obviously not spent any time in a mexican jail So let me tell you if you dont have documentation proving your in mexico legally you get an all expense paid trip to the local jail.

Mexico has a love/hate relationship with illegal aliens. They LOVE to send the US illegal aliens. The Mexican government has even published instruction booklets and aided it’s own citizens in illegally coming to the United States.

However, when foreigners illegal cross Mexico’s southern border, they are dealt with harshly. Often they are robbed, beaten, and raped by the Mexican police before thrown in squalid prisons.

The Mexican government has proposed a plan to use biochips to track legal immigrants from Belize and Guatemala so illegals can be easily identified.

Soberanes has reported that Central American and even Mexican migrants in Mexico are subject to abuse at the hands of police and military personnel, and that immigrants are detained in municipal prisons.

According to Soberanes, "the Mexican government mistreats ‘indocumentados’ that cross its territory, it keeps them in jails, in overcrowded conditions, many times without food, without medical attention and overall, violating their human rights."

So not only do they lock up there illegals mistreat them but worse if they need medical attention guess what.Foreign nationals are banned from receiving any kind of government services. In fact, injured American tourists are routinely denied emergency care in Mexico until their families can wire transfer payment in advance.But in the United States we treat all medical emergencies. So people can argue all they want about how we should let Mexicans cross the border all i say to that is they should do it first!!!!!!

[edit on 5/16/10 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm Guatemalan and have lived in Mexico and although I did see a lot of things they were not much worse than what I saw growing up in the states.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

You've got it all wrong. You cannot seriously be saying that Latinos have low IQs in general?

Perhaps low levels of education, but what is wrong if your experiences and education are directly tied to a lifestyle that works. Oh wait, it stopped working somehow and that's why they (at least the Mexicans) started to leave for this country to find work.

Could it be agrobusiness? absolutely. Free trade? Yep!

As far as education goes, the drop-out rate for Latinos in high school is 33% (or 66%, I can't remember, but either is disgusting).

A large reason for this is the lack of appropriate bilingual education.

Sorry, language is learned a certain way and trying to presume it is not and then calling those people who don't learn English through our system lazy or that they have low IQs does not change the fact that the system is broken.

I, for one, do not understand why we cannot benefit from a total bilingual educational system throughout the country, at least in areas where Spanish (or whatever foreign language is common). ESL does not work. Period. For the same reasons having a bunch of US kids sitting in a classroom 5 hours a week learning how to conjugate irregular Spanish verbs in the preterit tense or how to match gender of words with their modifiers never produces fluent Spanish speakers. Why on God's green earth should I have to teach Spanish 101 to college kids? They should already know Spanish so we can discuss issues in it or read literature. It's college...why should I have to use color wheels and counting songs like it's kindergarten?

We've let an opportunity go down the drain and in the end, the Latino kids are not becoming fluent speakers of English by the time they drop out.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueseas
If all the illegal immigrants were deported from America then there wouldn't be any people left in America except the remnants of the native Americans. The rest are immigrants, and illegal because genocide is illegal. The occupation of American land was illegal and cannot be forgiven by the natives who have been forced into confined spaces by the immigrants, and stolen their jobs and economy.

we can't go back in time.
That being said, we need to properly govern what the country is now so ILLEGALS as they are now, must go or become citizens.

Time to get off your high horse and start dealing with the reality of the situation the way it is.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Drug war...border violence has it's roots in the drug war.

Also, remember the dead rancher? Well, it seems as though somehow everyone had it certain that he was killed by illegals. The truth is that the case wasn't solved even before it was used as propaganda for passing SB 1070. We need to get a grip. Next unexplained murder in Phoenix or Tucson will be blamed on an illegal...witch hunts will ensue...and that, my friends, is how the Reichstag burned down...and we all know where it went from there.

Achtung...zie kampfs are not only fur zie Mexikaner und all citizens auf zie republik mussen have deine papiers!!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by oozyism

Furthermore..an slow INVASION into a nation by a foreign force (Illegals) can do more harm to a country over time than standing armies. That is a DIRECT threat...which has INDIRECT consequences that are usually seen too LATE....example of where we are at now.

If you are American...your Government is ALLOWING your NATION( Genocide) to be structurally compromised and destroyed.

Genocide against Americans...allowed by special interests and the Federal Government....through Illegal Immigration and all of the INDIRECT effects from it.

You are being moved out, looted, socially engineered, displaced, dispersed, a watered down slowly and methodically.

Sounds like you're describing US policy in Iraq & Afghanistan...

The US government has flooded both nations with illegal aliens, you can call them "troops" but to Iraqis & Afgnanis.. they're illegal un-welcome invaders who ignored local laws, don't speak the language, ruined the economy, kill & torture innocent souls and should be rounded up, then deported... consider the Taliban & Iraqi resistance as mid east 'minutemen', patriots defending their homeland borders & laws from hostile take over.

It's official US policy to ignore other nations laws & borders, lets not pretend to be upset when people from Mexico et al follow DCs example.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

OK, well Chiapas would be on Mexico's southern border, so I imagine that that could have something to do with the violence down there. But I'm just not that familiar with the stats to make a case. Anyone is welcome to look into it if they wish.

I don't get the rationale of sinking to someone else's level. It's always considered in step with "if Bobby and Ricky jumped off the ol' river bridge, would you too?" quip.

I have not spent a lot of time in Mexico other than several border towns in Sonora. I will say from my experience with "rights" afforded to people in custody that in Brazil, the police are generally not seen as very "nice" to you when you are considered suspect. Hell, they are literally military in uniform, mannerisms, weaponry and the like...a last, fascist vestige of the military dictatorship period. At least they learned their school of thought well from the CIA during the whole "Red Scare" ...how to torture leftists and what not. Good stuff. But I digress...

Don't know enough about our neighbor to the south insofar as US support/training. However, it seems that there are many moneyed interests playing the game with our lives and that game is the drug war...illegal immigration is not the same thing and I wish we could make that empirically clear once and for all here.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Sphota]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I agree the reason illegal immigration is allowed to occur at all leads back to drugs.Its big business and they use illegals to help sneak stuff across the border. Not only as carriers but also a smoke screen keeping the border patrol busy. Poeple cannot be stopped from crossing the border the only thing we can do is prevent them from finding work here.You go after the people and companies that hire illegals and then they stop coming and the ones here go home. But in truth this would never happen so there will be no stoping illegals the best you can do is make it inconvenient to be in your area so they become another persons problem.The Arizona approach make it less likely illegals will stay there and hope they move to Texas or California.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by oozyism

Furthermore..an slow INVASION into a nation by a foreign force (Illegals) can do more harm to a country over time than standing armies. That is a DIRECT threat...which has INDIRECT consequences that are usually seen too LATE....example of where we are at now.

If you are American...your Government is ALLOWING your NATION( Genocide) to be structurally compromised and destroyed.

Genocide against Americans...allowed by special interests and the Federal Government....through Illegal Immigration and all of the INDIRECT effects from it.

You are being moved out, looted, socially engineered, displaced, dispersed, a watered down slowly and methodically.

Sounds like you're describing US policy in Iraq & Afghanistan...

The US government has flooded both nations with illegal aliens, you can call them "troops" but to Iraqis & Afgnanis.. they're illegal un-welcome invaders who ignored local laws, don't speak the language, ruined the economy, kill & torture innocent souls and should be rounded up, then deported... consider the Taliban & Iraqi resistance as mid east 'minutemen', patriots defending their homeland borders & laws from hostile take over.

It's official US policy to ignore other nations laws & borders, lets not pretend to be upset when people from Mexico et al follow DCs example.

Read my BIO on my profile. Then try and pretend I'm Pro War and wouldn't agree with your comparison.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Being detained until deported, which could be a couple of hours if in a bordertown, is not prison. Just like being held in a police station until you are charged or let go is not prison.

EDIT - Even if you are held until a trial after being charged this still does not constitute a prison sentence.

People's understanding of prison/imprisonment has become so degraded, it's astonishing. It is prison. Even if it happens to a legal citizen. Being arrested/detained is imprisonment by definition.

Which is why the CONSTITUTION says no one shall be interfered with except if they have cause to obtain a warrant to do so.

A prison (from Old French prisoun) is a place in which people are physically confined and, usually, deprived of a range of personal freedoms

[edit on 16-5-2010 by mryanbrown]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join