It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They come here for a better life" and "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

No I don't...that would be a crime. And just like I respect them for doing what they need to in order to provide for their families...I am not going to commit a crime because I need to provide for my family.

That doesn't change the fact that I respect what they are doing.

Oh, ok, but it is ok for them to steal my ss number? That happened to me while I was living in Arizona.

Also, they are working illegally, and the employer is hiering them illegally. So, yeah, both the illegal, and the employer are at fault.

edit

I'd also like to add, that I did not know my ss number was being used, until the person took out a car loan in my name. Also, the person who took my number was Asian, not Mexican. I am not Asian, never have been, but my name might very easily match an Asian person! So there goes your theory that people are targeting Mexicans.........No it wasn't an illegal Mexican who stole my identity in Arizona!

I've been a US citizen all my life, and have to supply proof by way of an I9 form to be employed, which requires 2 peices of identification, yet somebody, ahem, and illegal got hired right off the bat with just my ss number. And you wonder why people have issues with illegals!

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Unfortunately, that just doesn't change the fact that they broke the law and if you or I break the law, we face the consequences.

True. But if we break a law that is a misdemeanor, we wouldn't have law enforcement looking for us as though we were dangerous felons.

My only hope is that the issue gets addressed and resolved.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

This still does not mean that they were catered to with all these freebies. They flat out stole them as could anybody working the system. I'm just trying to point out that they are not treated differently.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I try to stay out of these extremely vocal
threads because they tend to go no where,
but this one looked so fun. (sarcasm)

All I can say is if you are not a legal U.S
citizen then this one particular issue should
not concern you.

For those who believe that people are entitled
to use any means to get a job whether they
are legal or not, you are the problem. You are
no better than the employer, government,
or illegal alien.

If you feel that there os no crime in using someone elses SSN, then that person
should be able to sue you for damages (far fetched),
but victims of identity theft should be able to collect
damages from the federal government. After numerous
lawsuits I bet the government would find it less expensive to enforce the law.

Now if our government does grant amnesty, I can
guarantee that I will not consider those I believe to
have benefitted from amnesty as Americans. I will
do everything I can to treat them as second class
"citizens". I will show them no respect.

Now some of you will ask how I would be able to tell.
Such people will more than likely not be capable, or
willing to speak English. This is a requirement for
legal immigration now. They will also probably have
less fidelity to America than they show their present
home country. Renouncing citizenship to the country
of origin and pledging allegience to America is also
a prerequisite of citizenship. Why this is not enforced
today is beyond me.

Because of these beliefs, some of them actually mandatory; I
know, understand, and accept that some of you will
label me a "racist". Just remember that is you
labeling me that by YOUR definition, not mine.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
It's so different now things are not a good as they used to be huh?

Yet here we are, you want them all to be rounded up and placed into FEMA camps, camps I might add most of you denied even existed not so long ago, if it Aint American then we don't want to know right? guess what America the rest of us have the same problems, the difference is we don't blame everyone else for our problems, and I challenge you to show the rest of us a single crime carried out by Immigrants only, just one - any crime.

Illegal immigrants are more apt to run from a crime they've caused, because they are here illegally and don't want to be caught!

www.immigrationshumancost.org...

Take a look at the number of police officers that have lost their lives.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Obviously you open you mouth without looking into statistical facts coming from Latino sites, no white supremacy site, let met enlighten you.

Illegal immigration is not about rich wealthy immigrants with high education levels invading our states and our nations, most illegal immigrants are poor people with very minimal education or none.

More Than 80% of Latino Children Unable To Read at or Above Grade Level by 4th Grade.

www.hispanictips.com...

I used to work with Illegal immigrants and many of their children never has been in school, because their parents never went to school either or only accomplish to finish some of the grade school.

So in the US we have to force this people to send their children to school, I had in my group children already too old to be in first grade that never saw the interior of school until they came to the US, by the time they were in their teen years they will drop of the system to work without achieving any education at all.

That lower the standards of the adult population in the nation when it comes to education.

New study shows most Latino students drop out of high school for economic need

It's estimated that there are 6.2 million high school dropouts in the nation. Contrary to what some say, it's the high school dropouts who are fueling the rise in our prison populations according to a new study.

Consequences of Dropping out of High School: Joblessness & Jailing for High School Dropouts & The High Cost for Taxpayers details how while young Black high school dropouts are disproportionately represented in the penal and juvenile detention system, the problem cuts across racial lines.

Male dropouts of all races were 47 times more likely to be incarcerated than their peers of a similar age who had graduated from a four-year college or university.

An earlier report examining the dropout crisis found that of the 6.2 million high school dropouts, the vast majority are male, Black and Latino. The report's authors recommend that instead of expanding prisons with new facilities, there should be more investment into programs that keep dropouts in school.

www.latinalista.net...

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts

In 1963, President Lyndon Johnson launched the War on Poverty with the goal of eliminating poverty in the United States. Since that time, the U.S. has spent over $11 trillion on anti-poverty programs, providing cash, food, housing, medical care, and services to the poor and near poor. Today, government provides a generous system of benefits and services to both the working and non-working poor. While government continues its massive efforts to reduce poverty, immigration policy in the U.S. has come to operate in the opposite direction, increasing rather than decreasing poverty. Immigrants with low skill levels have a high probability of both poverty and receipt of welfare benefits and services.

www.heritage.org...

BTW I am Latina I know how the immigration issue is been sugar coated by all those that benefits from it
[edit on 15-5-2010 by marg6043]

The value an immigrant brings to the country is determined by their IQ and talents. A person with an IQ of 70 can work a low paying job or be a thief, drug dealer, pimp,extortionist,prison inmate or gang banger. They all dont want to work low paying jobs. Low IQ immigrants will have low IQ children and lots of them. The wealth of a country is directly linked to the hereditary IQ of the population.Blaming their failures on the educational system is a liberal euphemism that they have been repeating since 1965.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It is pretty obvious that it is La Raza's intent and the agenda of illegal Mexican nationals in the US (quite probably with the collusion of some Mexican Americans who are US citizens) to form a new country that will eventually be broken away from the United States and belong only to them (Aztlan?).

If persons of Muslim extraction formed an organization like La Raza with the similar STATED intentions, they would be declared "enemy combatants", arrested & off to GITMO before you could spit. They ARE enemies of the sovereign United States; their methods/ weapons just haven't reached the level of bombings & their activities thus far have only been in the border states. At what point do we, as a country, take actions to defend our country & our way of life? Those "sympathizers" are fomenting a civil war. They are seditionists. Why aren't the laws being applied?
And why aren't the president & the Congress being impeached for violating their oaths of office and dereliction of duty? (as well as the previous administrations who brought us to this point)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a lot of people seem to be directing their anger towards the illegal immigrants. The individual immigrants are, as the OP says, doing it just for a better life. When the risk of illegal immigration to the US is pretty much nil, a comparison to other crimes doesn't help. It's as much of a crime as loitering in a place where there's a 'no loitering' sign.

No, people need to leave the individual immigrant alone, as they are just doing what is best for their family. What people need to do is get the border tightened, and as others have said clamp down on some employment laws.

Also, someone was saying it was an INVASION? the balls of an american to complain about an invasion

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

It is pretty obvious that it is La Raza's intent and the agenda of illegal Mexican nationals in the US (quite probably with the collusion of some Mexican Americans who are US citizens) to form a new country that will eventually be broken away from the United States and belong only to them (Aztlan?).

Here we go again. The chances of La Raza taking over is the same as the KKK taking over.

It will never happen. The La Raza is a common name used by different groups. Quit buying the hype and do some research.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
The value an immigrant brings to the country is determined by their IQ and talents. A person with an IQ of 70 can work a low paying job or be a thief, drug dealer, pimp,extortionist,prison inmate or gang banger. They all dont want to work low paying jobs. Low IQ immigrants will have low IQ children and lots of them. The wealth of a country is directly linked to the hereditary IQ of the population.Blaming their failures on the educational system is a liberal euphemism that they have been repeating since 1965.

Stating that it's plainly hereditary like that is shenanigans...

There's a huge divide amongst the academic community as to whether it even is hereditary. And those that claim it even is, hide behind shifting numbers and data.

It's a theory, an unproven one at that.

Love ATS "facts".

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
CORRECTION. Its not what Americans "wont do" Its what Americans USED to do. That Is until mr illegal came along and said hell do it for less. Two jobs on your list I used to do. Until I was fired because I wouldn't accept working for less.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I have indian ancestory on my Mother's side. The tribe was nearly wiped out by another tribe. NOT the white man! Yes, imagine that indians fought each other

Your "logic"...or lack of...baffles me.

So since the tribe that you have a connection to was nearly wiped out by another tribe means what? That the white man didn't come to this land and push the natives (the ones the didn't kill) into tiny reservations???

What is your reasoning behind pointing this out?

Just saying that we all have good and bad people. All races have good and bad people. I'm tired of hearing about the evil white man. None of us were born back then, none of us had anything to do with what happened to the indians yet that's all you hear about...the evil white man.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Many of us have worked with or know illegals who have worked the system and they tell you how. It's wrong.

And how do you feel when Americans are working the system?

Does the title American make it all right to rip off their fellow Americans?

Furthermore, illegals don't write the laws that allow them to work the system.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by jam321]

I feel the same way about Americans working the system. In no way does the title American make it all right to rip off their fellow Americans.

It wasn't the laws that allowed them to work the system. It was lies that the illegals gave in order to work the system.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
CORRECTION. Its not what Americans "wont do" Its what Americans USED to do. That Is until mr illegal came along and said hell do it for less. Two jobs on your list I used to do. Until I was fired because I wouldn't accept working for less.

Americans used to work for THEMSELVES... Building their own houses, furniture, growing their own crops. Trading goods for other necessities. That was QUICKLY perverted by Hamilton and the central bank.

Everything you argue illegals take advantage of, we have been taking advantage of. They are anti American institutions we feel we have a sense of entitlement to.

And it's that sense of entitlement to an unconstitutional system that has brainwashed us to blind acceptance of it like a drug. And you people are all users suffering withdrawals as the economy, it's main drug supply line diminishes.

Just a side note as to why I have more respect for more illegals than Americans. Because we are a complacent, lazy people who grew too accustomed to a system of slavery, and migrated that system once the blacks were emancipated to our work and economic cultures.

I see hispanics, mexicans, whatever you want to call them. BUILDING THEIR OWN HOUSES. Growing their own vegetables. That is more American than you lazy people who would rather work your lives away to a system that benefits no one in the long run fueling your ego and sense of importance in a system destroying us from within. All to hire someone else to build your house, according to "codes" which are a means of taxation.

That's right. An ILLEGAL has more of a sense of what it is to be American than you whiners.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Has anyone noticed that ATS is slowly turning into a breeding ground for posts like this? No longer anything ABOVE top secret. Just PURE political madness...

No really, it was a time when ATS used to have a forum call The mud pit, now that was brutal, if you didn't have a thick skin you will not survive in the mud pit one post.

In all the years I have been here certain topics comes and go, ATS was not as apolitically big as is now, actually what it brought me to become a member was the paranormal and UFOs.

When politics became too much the board above politics was removed.

Topics comes and goes and they die down when something new comes around.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If an illegal was offered a job that an American citizen WOULD do, what do you think he going to do?

"No thanks amigo...I'd rather pick some lettuce for less money."

Pro illegal immigration types 4 main arguments =

1. Your a Racist scumbag...

2. They take jobs Americans don't want...

3. Just looking for a better life...

4. White people are hypocrites as America is a nation of immigrants...

1. (False)
2. (False)
3. (False)
4. (True 1693-1900)

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Niccawhois]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

There's a huge divide amongst the academic community as to whether it even is hereditary. And those that claim it even is, hide behind shifting numbers and data.

Love ATS "facts".

You are just posting disinformation.
You say they drop out because of Shenanigans.
Thats your theory:Shenanigans.
Yes its the Shenanigans that does it too them.

Yes indeed it must be the Shenanigansthat causes the PHD graduate class of LA University to be 60% Chinese.
Must be the Shenanigans that makes the Jews excel in academia.
Must be the Shenanigans that makes the IQ of Germany 105 and the
Shenanigans that makes the IQ of Japan and China 106.

Shenanigans proves that everyone is exactly equal.
Yeah thats the ticket.

And I thought it was the Malarkey

[edit on 15-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

No, it's not "fine". H1 & H2 visas are harming citizens of the US just as much as illegals sneaking across the border and the companies/ people who hire them. Example: Insurance company USAA (which is allegedly so "patriotic" & exists for the benefit of service people & dependents) laid off 100s of US citizens working in their departments & imported Indians to replace them. These workers live 4 to 6 in a one bedroom apartment (try doing that if you're a US citizen) and walk to work or take the bus. They contribute nothing to the local economy because the things they need to live come from Indian markets. They only support the Indian community. Meanwhile, they have removed support from the local community at large because highly qualified & educated-in-their-field US citizens have had to take jobs at places like Wal Mart just to keep food in their kids' mouths, leaving them to cut way back on their budgets & with no "disposable income". Some of these US citizens are the ones who have lost their homes & have had to choose between paying their credit card bills (which almost all of us had to use during the time of ridiculous gasoline prices/ PROFITS just to get to work) and utilities/ mortgage payments & food.

Right now, the US needs to close the borders, hunker down & RECOVER while we put a stop to the looting by our corporations and Washington DC. We don't HAVE anything to share right now- no matter how much we might want to.

Regardless of what Washington might do or not do, we have the power to affect this situation. When a foreign sounding voice comes on at the customer service number, right then, CANCEL your service with that company & go to one who does not employ off shore workers or H1 workers. We have the power to affect the bottom line of these companies.

(I figure this isn't OT because corporations who hire foreign workers &/or illegal workers are one & the same in my opinion. I don't care WHERE they came from. It doesn't matter if the voice on the other end of the phone is one of my Celtic brethren- which has happened. It was great to hear & gave me goosebumps, but it is still wrong at this time)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Love ATS "facts".

Yes indeed it must be the Shenanigansthat causes the PHD graduate class of LA University to be 60% Chinese.

Yeah thats the ticket.

Citations? or just more racist stereotypes? It's still racism if it's in their "favor".

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Love ATS "facts".

Yeah thats the ticket.

The major problem with IQ is that...well...it doesn't really prove anything.

Science can not fully explain what intelligence is. And considering there are over 120 types of tests to determine intelligence, we REALLY have no #ing clue what intelligence is.

Just to give some explanations for the increase in certain groups compared to others....

1. Asian culture in general is very disciplined. Specifically, the Chinese need to compete with one another when it comes to education that the most strained American student would off themselves after a week of what the Chinese go through. Japan, again, is heavily disciplined and hard working when it comes to education.

2. Like wise with the Germans. Germans are a very disciplined people. My Korean teacher (grew up in Korea) who teaches philosophy even compared the Germans culture of disciplined to that of the Koreans/Chinese/Japanese.

3. Jews, specifically the ones you speak of, are highly intelligent because the specific group of jews that top the IQ testing research are those who are highly religious. Have you taken a glance at the Kaballah?

So these could possibly explain why IQ testing appears the way it does. If you notice, the most disciplined cultures tend to gain the advantage when it comes to IQ.

You then also have the case of Savants, who are practically mentally disabled and test to have IQ's in the 80's range, yet can do things you or I could NEVER do.

So don't lean on IQ to heavily. And I don't say this because I have a low IQ; quite the contrary in fact. (Not trying to toot my own horn, but just highlighting the fact that my naysaying towards IQ's isn't because I got a bad score on an IQ test.)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join