It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which side is Comedy Central on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I used to be a big fan of the John Stewart Show and Colbert Report. Every night i would religiously watch the shows back to back. I specifically loved them because they ridiculed main stream media and exposed all their trickery. Ever since i came across Abovetopsecret.com and the Alex Jones show, I have been seriously questioning Comedy Central's agenda on the production of these shows. While we have CNN hating on Fox, and Comedy Central chewing them both up, who's talking about the REAL NEWS!? Most of the things we hear about in this website, or that Alex Jones speaks about i consider REAL news. Its real journalism, its people taking a bite out of actuality and facts. If Comedy Central loves to strain main stream media so much, why is it not speaking about the REAL problems? Why are the New World Order & Illuminati unheard of on any of their shows? If they are so hip about their content, then why not go all out? (fluoride, 9/11 truths, disturbing Raid Video, Soldiers in Iraq misbehaving and beating up little kids, UFO's.)

What do you guys really think of the The Daily Show and Colbert Report? What do you think their writers goals really are? Do you trust their shows? Are they also part of the hypnosis plan?

On a side note: Today Alex Jones broke silence about the Oklahoma Bombings with a special guest currently on Death Row. The guest, David Hammer, had been kept from the media for the past 11 years. I wish that guest good luck, and hope nothing happens to him in the future for breaking his silence even though he's already on Death Row.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Because it's COMEDY central and they aren't meant to delve to deep into the political realm and do some investigative journalism. Stewart and Colbert are simply there to MOCK the left and the right. Notice how Colbert acts like an absurd version of a conservative? It's for laughs. They don't give a crap about the NWO and even if they did, their shows are most certainly not the proper forum to discuss such things. It's comedy. There's nothing funny about the NWO.

They don't break the news. They mock the news that everyone has been bombarded about all dang day by the cable news networks.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by drkid

Because it's COMEDY central and they aren't meant to delve to deep into the political realm and do some investigative journalism. Stewart and Colbert are simply there to MOCK the left and the right. Notice how Colbert acts like an absurd version of a conservative? It's for laughs. They don't give a crap about the NWO and even if they did, their shows are most certainly not the proper forum to discuss such things. It's comedy. There's nothing funny about the NWO.

They don't break the news. They mock the news that everyone has been bombarded about all dang day by the cable news networks.

Your absolutely right. But do you think they would like to expose if they could?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

John Stewart and Colbert are two smart guys and I think like any other person in show business they would love to say what they really thought.

The problem is they are not paid to do anything other than mock news that has already been given to the public, so bringing alternative news to the show is not gonna happen.

Like the above poster said conspiracies are not funny so you will never see it on their shows unless it hits mainstream.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
$$$

That's all that matters to them.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

First off, I wouldn't put too much stock in Jones.

The fact of the matter is, there is only circumstantial, coincidental evidence and hearsay when it comes to NWO/Illuminati stuff. You show up with a document from the Bilderbergs describing a false flag before it happens, when it does, you just changed the game.

Until then, you will have to make due with sites like ATS and Jones sensationalism.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So could you guys suggest that the INTERNET is the only REAL news source? BY confirming different rumors across the world, does it not establish news?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

The internet is one of the best sources of information. All of it, not matter whether its from the web, tv or word-of-mouth, has to be taken with a grain of salt. You have to research, come to your own conclusions, or just trust your gut.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

REAL NEWS!?
You can find it at a little website called www.abovetopsecret.com

EDIT: To to add to the conversation, I honestly don't think comedy central has a "side"...it's comedy, it's meant to be funny, not factual...I watch the comedy channel far more than any other channel, and I don't often feel a show is trying to manipulate or deceive me.

[edit on 15/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

I would say that the news you see on TV is not meant to enlighten us, rather it is to entertain us to some degree.

You don't see investigations done by journalists like you used to... The mainstream media is spoon fed stories that are screened for public viewing.

Why do you think stories about tiger woods stay in the public eye for so long? It's because nobody is out doing real reporting and the lives of celebrities keep us (not all of us) fixated for some reason.

Like just about everything in America news media has become a business and like any high profile business such as a network ratings and profits are the first and most important thing. Reporting hard hitting stories has dropped so far down the list it may have been bumped off altogether.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Comedy Central is definitely liberal bias, they mock the right waaaaaaay more than they mock the left. Anyhow, I don't buy into this conspiracy bull# about the NWO and crap, but I do buy into the fact that Comedy Central definitely has a "side" and it's called "Progressive"

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
So could you guys suggest that the INTERNET is the only REAL news source? BY confirming different rumors across the world, does it not establish news?

Could or would?

I'll agree with the above posters.

Use your own judgment. There is a lot of CRAP out there I mean A LOT! That doesn't mean there are not the occasional Jewels. However what the internet provides for me is a variety on command. I can go from the left to right up or down foreign or domestic perspectives at a click of a button then I'll try to digest what I've just read or heard and make up my own conclusions.

I've always hated being bottle feed.

PEACE

Slay

ETA
==========================

I bought a 52" Sony wide-screen HD tv last Xmas.

White elephant!

Outside of Sports and the occasional MUST see Movie on BlueRay I never turn the damned thing on!

[edit on 15-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I've read a good interview once with Stephen Colbert once that
made me laugh. I like watching him. I liked him on Stewart and when he got his own show I was all giggly cause I knew there would be comedy for an hour about todays news.

That said the interview was asked about what he thinks of left right/ up down

He ( Stephen Colbert ) plays a man named Stephen Colbert.
who is a Democrat that pretends to be a Republican that pretends to be a Democrat that pretends to be a Republican. then later on in the interview
it was changed to R playing D playing R playing D
But also in the same interview ( towards the end )
He is just a guy that is trying to bring laffs to all, his true feelings is
he just wants everyone to be happy, he would have chosen get a long but that was taken.
Stewart, he is more of a Dem/Libertarian or Lib/Dem depends on the issue.

I have read both Stewart and Colbert books and both are really funny guys
I had a sticker on my car that said
Stewart/Colbert 2012 but some one defaced it

CC the channel it self is on the Green side " money "
not the green party but the bucks, clams, doe, yadda yadda
They are more into the peoples rating and making cash

new topics

top topics

join