It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory on how man and bigfoot could be the same species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Please keep an open mind and you will see this is all plausable.Please don't critizise....If you think I'm nuts this isn't the thread for you please move on(not trying to be rude).

Several thousand years ago,a split of our cultures occured one part of us settled down cultivating (using tools)the other half stayed wild so to speak,old history writings and drawings of a human like creature could help support my theory,
Most reports of a bigfoot are larger and furrier than a normal human,which would be the result of their normal life living wild so to speak,

Living the cultured life,Throughout hundreds of generations of course,
Living indoors and wearing cloths would account on why we shed our fur(Pun not intended),and would account for the different skin tones.
Also by living the cultured way(using tool) instead of manual labor[chasing your food down) our bodies would have weakened because we can sit around more(so to speak).

Heres something to get you to say hummm,
It would only seem natural that they could evolve mentally just as fast as humans?
2 TPTB's fighting each other.We have ours trying to keep people culturalized and damaging the planet possibly hunting them down so the missing link stays missing,and theirs trying to get people to "Wake up we are killing our planet. "

Ok Ats, plausablity factors,high or low and why

I would really like others opinion,,,,If you think I'm nuts:I am a sorry I wasted your time

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
While I feel there is a high certainty that 'bigfoots' exist and we are somehow related to them, I am fairly confident we would not be the same species. The reported size of the creatures is the basis for my belief on this. Modern day humans are growing larger and larger than our ancestors, and the bigfoots are supposedly a lot bigger than we are. The amount of hair covering a bigfoot is GREATLY increased than the hair covering a human. While yes WAY WAY back in the day, there quite possibly was a common ancestor to both current species (human and bigfoot) that split into separate lineages, these separate lineages have divulged to such a degree that humans and bigfoots are separate and distinct species. If bigfoot truly is out there.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
There's a fascinating cult book by Oscar Kiss Maerth titled: "The Beginning was the end".
It explains that humans and Bigfoots were once one species, with self-cleansing fur (like most animals), living in environmental harmony with a degree of instinctual psychic power.
However, one group (human ancestors) began to cannibalize and got some high from eating each others' brains. They became addicted to eating brain, and the resulting rush made them rapists. The prolonged effect was one of increased intelligence in humans, at the cost of fur and harmony.
The Bigfoots are the survivors of those who never ate brains or cannibalized, and had to hide from their more intelligent and aggresive neighbors - what would become us humans.
See the link for more:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I always thought it was obvious we had a common ancestor not very far back in the fossil line..but the fact that we split off, and they stayed "wild" as you put it, has resulted in reasonable difference between a big-foot and a human, which would probably mean we are a different species.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Some interesting ideas in the OP. Until a cool thread by Gemwolf Patterson Bigfoot ), I'd never entertained the idea of Bigfoot. It still doesn't add up, but people keep reporting sightings so something is going on.

It's thought that humans began to wear clothes around 70 000 years ago. The conclusion is drawn from human lice. In that light, Bigfoot would need to predate that moment and branched off from us at a much earlier date. Humans hit the Americas around 13 000 years ago as the world warmed slightly and allowed us to cross the receding glaciers from Siberia using the Beringia land bridge.

This is where another problem comes in. America was blocked by glaciers for hundreds of thousands of years. As far as we know, the last influx of critters into the Americas was 20 million years ago. Monkeys were even further back at 40 million years ago. If not for the reports, the Bigfoot shouldn't exist at all!

reply to post by halfoldman

That's an amazing book you linked. I've never heard of it, but enjoy reading period pieces that demonstrate the outlandish, crazy ideas of the author. In this case, the author has a comedy racist and sexist theme that'd be offensive if it wasn't so daft...

Man did not educate woman imperfectly: he gave her no brain to eat. To bring female intelligence up to the same level as that of man by education is just as impossible as to bring the intelligence of an aboriginal of New Guinea up to the level of a Chinese by education. If a race become cannibals one hundred thousand years later, then members of that race do not need education to raise their intelligence, but a hundred thousand years of cannibalism. If someone wanted to commit the error of giving woman man's intelligence, then woman would have to begin eating brain and continue doing so for several tens of thousands of years [...]
Wiki

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Concerning the Mearth book - yeah some of it is pretty daft, but strangely in 1971 nobody batted an eyelash about such sexist/racist statements - they were widespread in social science books. I have the book in my shelf, so maybe I'll see exactly how this is meant - it's a bit of an out of context quote where he wants to explain why men (the most powerful human) consumed the most brains, and became the top of the pyramid. To that author "intelligence" is not something positive, and to a lot of counter-culture at that time "modern man" became dominating and lost his way. Feminists supported such views by claiming that man is self-destructive in his right-brain intelligence, whereas women retain more of the psychic, emotional intelligence. So this quote should be contextualized by Wikipedia.

Nevertheless, the fact that our prehistoric ancestors were cannibals has been proven repeatedly. Many peoples, like the Aztecs or Celts also had an obsession with head-hunting. In eastern cultures monkey brains are said to be a delicacy still, and reportedly leave the eater with a warm, glowing high. Well, he does mention the Bigfoot as our common ancestor before eating brains increased our brain, but not our harmonic awareness.

As such, it appears that we are the true "monster".

As for critters entering the US - how did the Indians get there from Russia, or the many species of mammoths in prehistory. Surely the Bigfoot could have wandered across the Bering Strait along with these species.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Yeah, the golden days of our past were a messy business. Cannibalism, murder, intestinal worms, sky-high child mortality and spells for medicine. Come to think of it...that's a fair description of a few places now.

Fair point about the Bigfoot wandering into the Americas at the same time we did. I was so focused on why it couldn't have evolved there, I overlooked the obvious. Pretty dumb, huh?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Heres something to get you to say hummm, It would only seem natural that they could evolve mentally just as fast as humans?

If you are actually interested in this subject, I highly recommend reading an introductory level book on Anthropology. I think it would answer a number of your questions.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Good theory. I myself always figured it was some hippy who got lost at a Grateful Dead concert up in the Northwest somewhere. Just my take on it though.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thanks for all the information,

I'm not so nuts after all.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The official version of history and giant human species we've been told is fiction.

top topics

join