It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-conference 2010 UFO Disclosure MUST SEE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luke Idea
This was the last (and best) press conference held on Monday two blocks from the White House.

And you mention the location in this manner because somehow, in your mind, you think it adds legitimacy to this meaningless and ignorant "conference"? That thought process is probably why so many snake-oil salesmen rent that place out.

Basically All the speakers of X-con recount their best evidence.

It's a shame their best evidence amounts to, well....basically nothing. Many could argue that point, but reality is what it is. They have nothing. Zip. Nada. Zero. Sure they have words and stories, but they don't know squat more than anyone who is into this subject and has an internet connection for crying out loud.

Please spread the word.

I agree, the word needs to be spread concerning this subject. But endorsing ignorant tripe like this only serves to damage the subject itself. I don't think anyone in the UFO field even understands real PR, and how to us it in order to steer public opinion. What you folks can't seem to grasp is there will be no government disclosure (if they even have anything to disclose) without massive public support and media pressure. As long as this subject remains the butt of every newscasters joke, or presented as a sideshow topic on ridiculous news programs then you can forget it.

So, by "spreading" the word of stuff like this you are PERPETUATING the cycle of nonsense that feeds ignorance. Pretty soon, at the core of this subject you will have such a large ball of ignorance gathered that there will be no hope of anything serious ever happening....oh, sorry too late.

Yes!!! Yes!! DISCLOSURE Is CoMiNG?!??!!! See, I typed it all crazy so you know it must be true, that's how it works right? Bassett and his kind are pimples on the ass of Ufology. Seriously look into him before embracing his ignorant methods.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Admitance from ANY gvmt that they have or have had contact with
any OFPLANET civilisation will NEVER happen.

That would mean they have been lying all the time.
If they have been lying about that waht else have they been lying about?

Kennedy
Merlin Monroe
9/11

What else?

Who could EVER trust any gvmt that treats its subject that way..
I wouldnt, EVER..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I see you said they don't have any evidence to back up their claims, but do you have evidence that what is being said in this conference is just silly stories so they can just make money. I myself cannot prove they are telling the truth since I was not personally with them, but I am not going to pass judgement without evidence that proves they are just telling stories for profit. I keep an open mind and cannot say they are really telling the truth or jus BSing the public.So if you can prove them wrong you really cannot say they are snake oil salesmen unless you have the proof that will debunk their claims. Also unless you are working for the government you canot say that there will not be any disclosure from our government.Other governments around the world are starting to show what they know on the subject of ufo's and their involvement with this matter.No one knows what our government is going to do.Hell even people that are in our government do not know what they are going to do about disclosure. If it happens great if it doesn't then I guess the people will keep gathering evidence until the time of disclosure happens.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

but do you have evidence that what is being said in this conference is just silly stories so they can just make money.

Are you freaking kidding me? I just want to make sure your serious before continuing this discussion. I can't imagine you understand or know what your talking about. You can go listen to interviews with the organizer(s) and presenters where the talk about how to line it up properly so they make the most money out of this "opportunity". Including intentional putting people they know are outright LYING in order to get more people to show up so they can make more money from this down the road as well.

Seriously, look into it before you come off looking, well, like one of their ignorant supporters. I don't care if there are one or two legitimate claims or good people involved, the intentional including of bad apples spoils the whole lot. If you can't understand that you a part of the problem with this hobby.

I could go on and comment on the rest of your post, but I am thinking you wouldn't get it anyway based on the level of thought you have or have no put into this.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Way to go Ignorethefacts, you have succeeded in flaming yet another member on what they believe, however right or wrong they may be. Constructive criticism is good but all you seem to do is pop in every now and again and kill conversation not to mention giving the impression you are a nasty piece of work. You bring nothing to this subject, i don't know why you take the time out to type a response.

Worse still, nobody seems to pull you up on it which beggars belief.

October

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the effort to share this with us. This subject and the work of Bassett is very important.

Thx again....S&F my friend.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
IgnoreTheFacts I do agree with some of what you're saying.

Especially the fact that the government is going to need a MASSIVE push from the people to disclose.

It's not really just the evidence that's important but the fact that the press is even covering the event at all. And that they are raising interest in the subject which will help push the government the way they need to be IMO.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Also, "the intentional including of bad apples spoils the whole lot."

I would like to politely disagree by pointing out that it's public awareness that is the main issue here. In other words, they did it to raise the awareness level of the people. Its is unfortunate that it has to be this way.

I thought a lot of it was B.S. too, but I believe the truth will prevail. You just have to weed your way through the BS

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"oh, sorry too late"

I don't think so my friend.

Even if the U.S. government doesnt disclose. Things are happening all around the world. Serious media coverage is taking place.

It's going to happen. Then we can worry about what's next.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The guy held up a stack of papers like it was important. It's a stack of paper... What I saw in the video was all talk, so I can understand why a skeptic wouldn't base an argument on this conference.

As for myself, I know extraterrestrial intelligence is around here somewhere, relatively speaking. I don't need a government to disclose it for me. I just hope to see for myself soon.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
OP why not screen capped the video? with software? or why not uploaded the file you played?

just a question cause I don't know why you would film it that way but you probebly have good reasons.

thanks for the vids, im gona watch.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
yOUR VIDEOS ARE HORRIBLE, NEXT................

[edit on 15-5-2010 by sam_inc]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
yOUR VIDEOS ARE HORRIBLE, NEXT................

[edit on 15-5-2010 by sam_inc]

I agree but also I'm not surprised. I would have a difficult time filming my television too, and he probably didn't realize he was talking. The shakey camera, the talking and having the television in the shot makes things distracting, but thank you very much nonetheless!

And ignorethefacts definitely has a theme to his account.

ignorethefacts, even if it is a bunch of hogwash, they still are doing a demonstration near the white house...freedom of speech...if you want to call their ufology looney tunes..then at least it's an art...theater...truth or baloney I'm still interested.

Now it is quite obvious there is an UFO cover up, and that is a fact.

And the vast majority of information in regards to the cover up is highly speculative and almost certain that the occupants of UFOs are indeed extra-terrestrial astronauts. So this Press Conference is a huge help bringing attention to the subject. Disclosure is coming from all angles, people who work in the media are just like you and me, with access to Google, for example, and read about all the same things we are talking about. Once the media decides it's in their best interest to seriously report on a UFO cover up and ET visitation, then it's over. And that process has slowly begun about 2 years ago, and as of weeks late, there has been an increase.

KEEP IT COMING!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Someone help me out understanding something here. I fully believe that there has to be something else out there other than us I wanted to state that first and foremost. Now why would these beings only be in contact with the world powers? Would they not try to contact everyone they could? Or contact people who are looking for them? Because I don't buy into the whole just because we have a chain of command that means they operate in the same manner. Maybe I am wrong but I would think that some of these die hard ufo fans that spend countless hours looking for them would end up finding them by now and establish contact. Perhaps the "aliens" truly are evil and corrupt just like our politicians and do have bad things planned for us so that is why they are only in contact with govt. officials. Why does everything in life have to be a damn secret or a riddle!!! I guess it keeps it interesting.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Remember the stories about what happened when the Native Americans were contacted by the European invaders?
Sticking to the world leaders and doing things behind the scenes would be of utmost importance in my eyes. The cultural shock alone would nearly cripple a society.

Regardless, no matter the reasoning for why things happen the way they do, I'd imagine that IF there is an otherworldly intelligence engaging this planet, they are pretty smart and I would trust that they know what they're doing.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by October

Ignorethefacts if I may(?):

I do not think Ignorethefacts was disrepecting the OP or flaming him at all. Ignorethefacts was merely questioning the crediblity of the speakers. I agree with Ignorethefacts that these are not the people who are gong to be taken seriously by the masses let alone bring disclosure, as much as wish though.

BTW, I totally agree with your post on page 1, starred even.

Peace to you

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The more threads that pop up with this sort of content, the more the act of "Disclosure" gets delayed.

Have you ever heard the observation effect? Essentially, something will behave differently by the mere act of observing it.

Because these threads consistently shows up, the act of observing the situation before it happens will change the situation altogether and delay the outcome.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"OP why not screen capped the video? with software? or why not uploaded the file you played?"

I wish I could have. But I just dont have the software needed to record the stream. Yeah it was only ever allowed out in the form of a stream.

But it will be up on youtube in higher quality when PRG decides to put it up (they said they would).

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I also question the motives of some of these speakers, however, I'm not about to tread closely to that line of what amounts to indirect flaming of the OP by demeaning these speakers in a way that draws into question the integrity of the OP for posting the material and/or enjoying it. Certain members on this board love to do this on a regular basis. They tread very closely to that line of flaming; being very careful not to step over it. It's the reason we have an ignore button folks. It works great and quite frankly by ignoring these 'certain individuals' you aren't going to miss anything in terms of UFO research or constructive debate from these members.

My only wish is that the system allowed more than 10 ignores.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
Way to go Ignorethefacts, you have succeeded in flaming yet another member on what they believe, however right or wrong they may be.

It's not flaming. Would it not be logical to expect someone who so ardently believes and supports something enough to come on the internet and debate those that are also into the same subject to know his or her facts, and to expect them to have looked into something even a little deeper than the surface by looking into the people and circumstances on a certain case or conferences...or whatever for that matter?

I don't want to believe, I want to know. That is the difference between me and many on here. You say I am bashing someone for their beliefs, no sir. I am shedding the light on their ignorance which leads to their beliefs. Do I come on here and spell it out for them? Do I come on here and give them endless links they can follow? No, I point them in the right direction and hope they take the journey themselves. They will learn more if they seek and find information on their own.

The whole problem with this subject, and the reason it is so darn laughable it specifically because of people and their "beliefs". You can defend that all you want, people have the right to believe what they want. Too many people treat this like a religion, and figure just because they want to believe something it gives weight to the subject matter.

Ufology and personal beliefs don't go together that well. Theories, ideas..even logically based assumptions have their places here, but they should not be confused with belief.

And "conferences" like this are marketed and targeted at people and their beliefs, not the mass media or general public. If they were, they would come off as being so hollow and foolish. But you can get away with hollow and foolish all day long in the Ufology crowd, this thread demonstrate that point very clearly.

Someone around here need to say what I am saying, lest we fall deeper into a well of ignorance and foolishness that even Lassie could pull us out of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join