It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheist.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Originally posted by Conclusion
I believe you all know what that means. Every person on earth crucified Christ. Sadly it had to be done though.

Screw you, and sorry for being so blunt about it.

I had nothing to do with Yeshua being crucified. I'm not over 2,000 years old and nor will I be blamed for him receiving punishment of a law he broke under roman rule. I'm an American citizen, not a 2,000 year old roman soldier.

So take your Christian blame game garbage and shove it where it belongs.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by sirnex]

Thank you for your candidness. The fact is that we all crucified Christ, because he was the perfect sacrifice. I know you don't understand, but through your candidness you have shown to let your anger do your talking. Only through peace will you come to this realization.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
the power of the roman church is based on the stupid statement that all humans are responseble for the crucifiction of jesus...
thats an classic brainwashing

with wat right can the pope say that he represents GOD...!tell me!

fact is ..if you want peace on earth...start with tearing douwn the churches /mosk's /synagoges ect...
like jesus cleaned up the temple from the money-chancers..
lolll ...bet you will be crucified aswell for it ????? how convenieant...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
the power of the roman church is based on the stupid statement that all humans are responseble for the crucifiction of jesus...
thats an classic brainwashing

with wat right can the pope say that he represents GOD...!tell me!

No the power of the roman church is based on people thinking that God needs money.

I don't remember where it states in the Bible that Christ would charge people admission to hear him speak, or heal someone. It actually states that the love of money is the root of all evil.

So no I would disagree with your statement.

Oh the pope does not represent God. He represents Himself. Just as we all do.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

If you have no evidence, photographic, video, audio or at least eyewitness accounts of my killing Yesuah, then please don't place blame on something I wasn't even alive to do.

Maybe in LaLa Christian land, the follower's of Yeshua's cult think they are the one's who killed Yeshua, despite the Romans taking full responsibility, but here in America, it's innocent until proven guilty. Don't like our laws, then move back to ancient Rome you murderer!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, how would we know it's the rapture? Not just a serious s***-storm of some kind?

Personally I'd like to make sweet love to my girlfriend, kick back with some beers and wait for it to get over with.

Might sound flippant, but if it's THE RAPTURE - what else could I do but wait to die?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I see what you are saying and how you could come to that conclusion.

If we were God though, how do we fix this problem? It would seem, at least with our knowledge, that if we were God we would be able to do anything and everything at once.

There is no problem. We can and do. But you must understand, that when I say you and I are God, I do not mean that our ego's (that is our individual John Doe's) are, but at our core, we are the basic structure of existence itself. Who if not you, beats your heart. Yet you don't know how you do it, but you do. You also make the sun shine everyday. You are not separate from the entire universe, and yet you think yourself contained only in a bag of skin, made as an artifact, alone and afraid in a world you never made?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by AABacon]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

If you have no evidence, photographic, video, audio or at least eyewitness accounts of my killing Yesuah, then please don't place blame on something I wasn't even alive to do.

Maybe in LaLa Christian land, the follower's of Yeshua's cult think they are the one's who killed Yeshua, despite the Romans taking full responsibility, but here in America, it's innocent until proven guilty. Don't like our laws, then move back to ancient Rome you murderer!

My evidence you will not believe. You will seek for evidence and when you find the evidence you will not believe it. Christ spoke about you. About us. You are angry because you just do not believe. You sling insults because it makes you feel better and superior to the one you are talking to. If you believe that innocent until proven guilty is true, why are so many innocent people imprisoned? Because everything mankind does will have a fault in it. We are not perfect. That is why he had to physically die for us.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My evidence you will not believe. You will seek for evidence and when you find the evidence you will not believe it. Christ spoke about you. About us. You are angry because you just do not believe. You sling insults because it makes you feel better and superior to the one you are talking to. If you believe that innocent until proven guilty is true, why are so many innocent people imprisoned? Because everything mankind does will have a fault in it. We are not perfect. That is why he had to physically die for us.

Man... Forget it, I was poking fun and being sarcastic. Sometimes, you Christians have your heads to far up Yeshua's ass to see the fun in life. If the dude had to die, then he was brought to the world to die, that is not reason enough however to break a couple of God's commandments in your quest to kiss Yeshua's ass.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AABacon

There is no problem. We can and do. But you must understand, that when I say you and I are God, I do not mean that our ego's (that is our individual John Doe's) are, but at our core, we are the basic structure of existence itself. Who if not you, beats your heart. Yet you don't know how you do it, but you do. You also make the sun shine everyday. You are not separate from the entire universe, and yet you think yourself contained only in a bag of skin, made as an artifact, alone and afraid in a world you never made?

Our heart beats because this vessel carries our soul. We want to think of our ancestors as inferior to us. We cannot explain how they could build a lot of cities with the giant stone blocks. The ancients speak of other realms and heavens or what ever you want to call it. We smirk at their lack of understanding. When our scientists develop theories of other dimensions we gasp at the intelligence. lol.

It is our thinking that we are God's that is increasing our arrogance within us. It is our journey on this plane of existence that defines us as individuals and as society as a whole.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Man... Forget it, I was poking fun and being sarcastic. Sometimes, you Christians have your heads to far up Yeshua's ass to see the fun in life. If the dude had to die, then he was brought to the world to die, that is not reason enough however to break a couple of God's commandments in your quest to kiss Yeshua's ass.

Fun? Well I can assure you it was not fun for me. I know what you are saying though. I have done that myself. You have taught me a good lesson on what fun really is. If it comes at the expense of demeaning someone else then it is only fun for the one who is doing the demeaning. I am just trying to have a reasonable discussion with the members of ATS, whom I find are very knowledgeable, and I have learned a great deal since joining this site.
So if we should treat people how we would want to be treated then I will treat you how you want to be treated in our next engagement of conversation.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I would rejoice in the fact that I no longer had to deal with my in laws, and could be left to practice with my beliefs with about being bothered continually by Missionaries. I try and be polite but I only have so much patience for 18 year old kids who have not read their religious book quoting it improperly to me. So ya, also might like to add that, everyone assumes that if all the "good" god fearing people were gone Satan would cause world wide chaos, why would he? Wouldn't he be stricter with his followers the God? Less love and forgiveness, more do as your told. Soooo, just a thought. probably wrong, but still a thought, lol.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Fun? Well I can assure you it was not fun for me.

You seriously got no enjoyment out of blaming all of humanity for the act of a few pissed off Romans? Damn, I would do something like that just to see the reactions people would make because it's obviously not true that all of humanity killed the guy.

Please clarify these next two statements for me.

I know what you are saying though. I have done that myself.

You have taught me a good lesson on what fun really is. If it comes at the expense of demeaning someone else then it is only fun for the one who is doing the demeaning.

Are you telling me you've done the very same thing your getting your panties in a bunch over for me doing? Or am I missing something?

I am just trying to have a reasonable discussion with the members of ATS, whom I find are very knowledgeable, and I have learned a great deal since joining this site.

I don't blame you for trying, yet I figured your response about the other ATS member being a murder of Yeshua was in jest as he obviously couldn't have had anything to do with it. I just figured I would play along.

Although, now that I understand (I think) that you really think what your saying, I find it damn scary.

So if we should treat people how we would want to be treated then I will treat you how you want to be treated in our next engagement of conversation.

Go for it. I don't mind and I most certainly will play back if you want. Hell, you should see how my wife and I are with each other. If this got your panties in a bunch, you'd possibly drop dead of a heart attack seen the two of us together.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Actually - I'm not too sure what is supposed to happen during the rapture, but if it's Angels coming down to smite us for being naughty... I think I'd fight back.

There'd be nothing to lose and I think angel teeth and ears would make me a nice necklace.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

I'd probably wake up, make some coffee, take the dogs for a walk...just a normal day for me. Because it won't happen.

What would you do if you woke up and discovered an "angel" in your bathroom?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You seriously got no enjoyment out of blaming all of humanity for the act of a few pissed off Romans? Damn, I would do something like that just to see the reactions people would make because it's obviously not true that all of humanity killed the guy.

Oh no I don't get enjoyment from that. How could I. I am also as much to blame.

Are you telling me you've done the very same thing your getting your panties in a bunch over for me doing? Or am I missing something?

Oh yeah. I am not perfect either. It has taken me a long time just to see how imperfect I really am.

I don't blame you for trying, yet I figured your response about the other ATS member being a murder of Yeshua was in jest as he obviously couldn't have had anything to do with it. I just figured I would play along. Although, now that I understand (I think) that you really think what your saying, I find it damn scary.

You don't even know what scared is yet. None of us do.

Go for it. I don't mind and I most certainly will play back if you want. Hell, you should see how my wife and I are with each other. If this got your panties in a bunch, you'd possibly drop dead of a heart attack seen the two of us together.

Your married? That surprises me. I figured someone as intelligent at you would know better than to get married. lol.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ok, i'll bite

I personally dont believe a word of it but i'll answer the question I think that was asked.

I'd get up and go to work. The UK is not a particularly religious society. I'd imagine all the committed christians disappearing would cause temporary disruption but improve the standard of living in the country overall. Same resources with less people equals more to go round.

Asian nations with low Christian populations would probably do quite well out of it.

I'd imagine it would be more of a problem in the USA as many would see it as a chance to use their guns.

Sensible enough?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Lose my mind.

When I was a kid, I used to love Revelations. Trying to picture it all in my head was just too much. It was not the events or the details but the magnitude of things. Simple things like an angel blowing a trumpet so that the entire world could observe it. The entire sky above us transforming. Things like that just seemed so big and so against logic that even when I was a believer, it seemed to me that if it came about it would probably just be too much to really comprehend in any sane way.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KILLFOXX

Originally posted by KILLFOXX
The rapture is nothing more but a fairy tale within a story book along with many other tales such as Jonah being eaten by a fish and living inside the fish for 3 days and 3 nights. Come on!!! Seriously?? Think about it
Look at the bible for what its used mostly for people....money,power and control..simple

A whale swallowing a man is not impossible… I bet the following article is not as fictional as some things you have already swallowed…
fish swallows...

But here’s a “fairy tale” you can probably wrap your mind around…

And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 2 Kings 2:11 KJV

[edit on 15-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Oh no I don't get enjoyment from that. How could I. I am also as much to blame.

That is an awful way to look at it. It's not your fault that God created an imperfect species, nor is it your fault that God, by design, set it up where he would have to send his only son to his death, for something he designed to occur.

Don't let some deity get the best of you. Life is too short to kiss some deities ass or to worry about whether he likes you or not. Were *you* asked if you wanted to be a participant to only two choices, only of which one choice is actually favorable to your eternal well being?

What kind of arrogant monster creates a universe of supposedly free willed people, only to tell them they actually have only one good option to choose from, that being kissing his ass day in and day out?

Oh yeah. I am not perfect either. It has taken me a long time just to see how imperfect I really am.

That's a load of crap. Everyone *IS* perfect. Life is perfect. The universe is perfect. Some people are smart ass losers, but that does not make them imperfect. They are perfect for who they are. You should never let some self pious deity smother your self esteem like that. You are who you are, and for who you are, your perfect. If there are thing's you don't like about yourself, you can change them, but that never means your imperfect.

If the message your deity is teaching people is that they are not perfect for doing the very same things he himself does, then he's a contradictory jackass. He can do those thing's because you allow him to define what perfect is. Satan saw through that utter BS. There is no such thing as do as I say, not as I do, only those who are truly horrible would say something like that, because they don't want you to become like them. Maybe that's a good message, but if he can truly create an entire universe filled with life, then he should be able to change himself. Yet, he refuses and instead threatens to kill again.

You don't even know what scared is yet. None of us do.

I'm not afraid of any deity.

Your married? That surprises me. I figured someone as intelligent at you would know better than to get married. lol.

While it's just legal paperwork, we felt that we would like to have that legal paperwork. Actually makes some thing's a lot easier having it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Did you notice that those stories seemed to stop before 1900? We also had accounts of werewolves and witches back then too so...

Anyway, why does it not explain how the man was able to breathe inside a whale's stomach for 48 hours? It says he could but does explain why or how.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join