Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A question for Atheist.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I feel bad for the posters who are saying they would be afraid, and beg for forgiveness. I'm sure that is just what the OP was trying to drive home. See, he has you people right were he wants you now, one small step from fearing it to capitulating to it.

OP, quit using scare tactics on people in your effort to convert them into your deluded world of schizophrenia!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My first thought would be petty. For all those who got abducted and possibly become alien snacks.

Then I would arm myself because of the mass panic that would break out.
I'll probably have to defend myself.

Then I'm going on dope and hope it were aliens cause if it was not there would be a lot of horror coming or way. Maybe piss myself in the process.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

72 has nothing to do with maiden ore so... its an holy number as you will find those aswell in the bible and other simulair...books.... never take it littlairy... btw 72x2=144...wich is an maya number.. ore the jehova ...

en.wikipedia.org...(number)

Seventy-two is the sum of four consecutive primes (13 + 17 + 19 + 23), as well as the sum of six consecutive primes (5 + 7 + 11 + 13 + 17 + 19). The product of 8 and 9, 72 is a pronic number. And as a multiple of a perfect number, 72 is itself a semiperfect number.

The sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first fifteen integers is 72. There are 17 solutions to the equation φ(x) = 72, more than any integer below 72, making it a highly totient number.

72 is the smallest number whose fifth power is the sum of 5 smaller fifth powers; 195 + 435 + 465 + 475 + 675 = 725

The sum of the eighth row of Lozanić's triangle is 72.

In a plane, the exterior angles of a regular pentagon measure 72 degrees each.

In base 10, the number 72 is a Harshad number.

So this one is wat you are looking for {In a plane, the exterior angles of a regular pentagon measure 72 degrees each. } refering to an pentagram...
aka symbol of planet Venus.. ore lucifer...( bringer of light)..
that in combination of the so called maiden makes sence... !

[edit on 15-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do we get to have sex with these virgins? If so what happens to them after we fornicate? Where do they go?
And I don't think having sex with virgins would be my idea of paradise anyway, they would just be lying there starfish like so tell me that's great sex.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

"72 has nothing to do with maiden ore so... its an holy number as you will find those aswell in the bible and other simulair...books.... never take it littlairy... btw 72x2=144...wich is an maya number.. ore the jehova .."

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought I had misread the following statement

." It is in the Islamic Traditions that we find the 72 virgins in heaven specified: in a Hadith (Islamic Tradition) collected by Al-Tirmidhi (died 892 CE [common era*]) "

source
www.guardian.co.uk...

This must obviously be wrong

peace

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

ive edited my post with this:

So this one is wat you are looking for {In a plane, the exterior angles of a regular pentagon measure 72 degrees each. } refering to an pentagram...
aka symbol of planet Venus.. ore lucifer...( bringer of light)..
that in combination of the so called maiden makes sence... !

clearly... as you stated the 72 maidens in heaven .. it must be refering to Venus... maybe an translation ore intreppeting fault??

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AABacon
I feel bad for the posters who are saying they would be afraid, and beg for forgiveness. I'm sure that is just what the OP was trying to drive home. See, he has you people right were he wants you now, one small step from fearing it to capitulating to it.

OP, quit using scare tactics on people in your effort to convert them into your deluded world of schizophrenia!

What?! You would feel bad for the one's asking for forgiveness if the scenario that the OP posted actually occurred? Wow. So let me get this straight. If the rapture did happen and the events where proven to happen by Christ, you would still be against Him. I would say you feeling bad for the one's that asked for forgiveness isn't feeling bad for them at all. It would be your deep seeded hated for Christ even in the light of truth.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The number 72 pops up again as "wives", this doesn't make sense unless they were the virgin wives,?

"The same hadith is also quoted by Ibn Kathir (died 1373 CE ) in his Koranic commentary (Tafsir) of Surah Al-Rahman (55), verse 72: "The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: 'The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a [Yemen]'."

It's all up to interpretation....... is that 72 wives, and 80,000 servants each, or 72 wives and 80,000 servants to serve everyone?....lol

It's a crazy world!.....

Peace

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'd stick a bullet in Jesus' head for all the crap him and his alternative super self have caused us.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It's all up to interpretation....... is that 72 wives, and 80,000 servants each, or 72 wives and 80,000 servants to serve everyone?....lol

yes very confusing...all the agient books are filled with such numbers...
as if they will tell us something about history ore future...
its well known that big disasters have tortured humans as they lived on earth...Toba.... Thera ...the flood.. ect

many storys about that are told trough ore written up...some clear yet ... most of it disturbt by time...all sacret books in the world are related to it..and the numbers are an great part of it... but over all most of the numbers are mathematical...as reading skoolbooks like an roman...

Holy books are an gift to us from oure anciesters... MISUSED world wide by the so called priest to controle us...
I am one of those named by believers an Atheist...and for good reason..

I will not accept the crab that the preachers tell us in the name of god....
there words only lead to death and destruction !
look arround.. so much blood spoiled for religion... yes in that way believers are like cheaps....they follow to easy the false preachers...
and begging to come in the promised "heaven" by them... the fools.....
act normal as the holy books tell you... try reaching an hand.. and respect an other believe

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What?! You would feel bad for the one's asking for forgiveness if the scenario that the OP posted actually occurred? Wow. So let me get this straight. If the rapture did happen and the events where proven to happen by Christ, you would still be against Him. I would say you feeling bad for the one's that asked for forgiveness isn't feeling bad for them at all. It would be your deep seeded hated for Christ even in the light of truth.

Yes I would. Here's why. Because any Jesus that would operate in such a way, is unworthy of our admiration. Why would a loving god, destroy the world in such a fashion? Why would we want to be a part of a system that is even more violent than the one we have now? You know, they say that those in heaven will get joy from seeing those in hell. You did know that was a popular belief, and maybe it's still taught, is it? Why are Christians so hell-bent on seeing others not of their faith destroyed, as if it's those others alone that make this world evil. Would not a world of 100% Christians, have just as many problems?

So yes, if true, I'd rather hold to my morals of peace and love and have nothing to do with a system of a murdering god, I rather suffer said god's eternal hell, than to acquiesce to said deity's sadism.

I'd find it ironic, if that were the true test for heaven, those willing to suffer hell to protect their virtue and morals, even from god himself.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yes I would. Here's why. Because any Jesus that would operate in such a way, is unworthy of our admiration. Why would a loving god, destroy the world in such a fashion? Why would we want to be a part of a system that is even more violent than the one we have now? You know, they say that those in heaven will get joy from seeing those in hell. You did know that was a popular belief, and maybe it's still taught, is it? Why are Christians so hell-bent on seeing others not of their faith destroyed, as if it's those others alone that make this world evil. Would not a world of 100% Christians, have just as many problems?

So yes, if true, I'd rather hold to my morals of peace and love and have nothing to do with a system of a murdering god, I rather suffer said god's eternal hell, than to acquiesce to said deity's sadism.

I'd find it ironic, if that were the true test for heaven, those willing to suffer hell to protect their virtue and morals, even from god himself.

So then you think the creator should have no control of the created?

Christians wanting to see people destroyed? I think you need to read some of Christ's teachings. You will be able to tell who are Christians and who just say they are by his teachings alone. Christ was only about peace.

So you think your morals are greater than Christ's. That would make you God. Rebellion only helps when a people are being forced to do something. You are not being forced. You have free will. So it is your choice.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Watchmaker
I'd stick a bullet in Jesus' head for all the crap him and his alternative super self have caused us.

No need. You already crucified him....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

NO we diddend !!!!!
Rome did it!... ask the new ruler of rome ...the Pope why he did it....
he let you suffer for it..

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

WHOA! Back up there a minute!

Are you claiming that person is a 2,000 year old roman soldier, *THE* roman soldier?!?!?!?!

That is an enormously bold claim there! Do you have any evidence to back up the claim that the person in question is the same one who crucified and stabbed Yeshua?

To the person in question: How have you survived for the last 2,000 years? I've been personally trying to figure out how to at least make it to 200 years, but if you can U2U me your secret on how to live for 2,000 years I would be very happy and in debt to you!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I believe you all know what that means. Every person on earth crucified Christ. Sadly it had to be done though.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The rapture is nothing more but a fairy tale within a story book along with many other tales such as Jonah being eaten by a fish and living inside the fish for 3 days and 3 nights. Come on!!! Seriously?? Think about it
Look at the bible for what its used mostly for people....money,power and control..simple

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think the creator and the created are two sides of one coin

Christ was only about peace.

The same Christ who said, "I came not for peace, but a sword." ??

So you think your morals are greater than Christ's. That would make you God.

Now your catching on, but here's the twist............. pssst....... so are You!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I believe you all know what that means. Every person on earth crucified Christ. Sadly it had to be done though.

Screw you, and sorry for being so blunt about it.

I had nothing to do with Yeshua being crucified. I'm not over 2,000 years old and nor will I be blamed for him receiving punishment of a law he broke under roman rule. I'm an American citizen, not a 2,000 year old roman soldier.

So take your Christian blame game garbage and shove it where it belongs.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by sirnex]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think the creator and the created are two sides of one coin

Christ was only about peace.

The same Christ who said, "I came not for peace, but a sword." ??

So you think your morals are greater than Christ's. That would make you God.

Now your catching on, but here's the twist............. pssst....... so are You!

I see what you are saying and how you could come to that conclusion.

If we were God though, how do we fix this problem? It would seem, at least with our knowledge, that if we were God we would be able to do anything and everything at once.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join