It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Atheist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would send everyone who works at HAARP a six pack of imported beer and a thank you note.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Gday,

Perhaps someone else can provide a quote for me ?

I really haven't looked into the rapture, so can someone clarify for me what the Bible says about the rapture?

The OPer seems a bit shy, perhaps he can't quite remember where it is and doesn't have a good concordance handy or something...

K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Dear Loken68

1. WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT THE RAPTURE
First, it must be pointed out that the Bible says nothing about the rapture! The word “rapture” is not found in all of God's Word. ...
www.tftw2.org/Tracts/rapture.htm - Cached - Similar
2. What does the Bible say about the Rapture?
What is the Rapture?, The Rapture in popular culture, Will the Rapture happen soon?
www.twopaths.com/faq_rapture.htm - Cached - Similar
3. Signs Of The End Times: What is: The Rapture - The Tribulation ...
I here constantly: 'There is NO word rapture in the Bible ? ... The bible says there has never been such a time of trouble and there never will be again ! ...
www.rb59.com/.../what-is-rapture-tribulation-armageddon.html - Cached - Similar
4. Bible Prophecy - The Rapture
Bible prophecies of the Rapture of the Church. ... The Bible says if we simply believe, sincerely and in faith, that Jesus-Yeshua lovingly and willingly ...
www.alphanewsdaily.com/theRapture.html - Cached - Similar
5. RAPTURE. An outline study of what the Bible says about the rapture.
A. The Bible does not use the word "rapture" 1. Not found in Biblical concordance 2. Not found in Biblical dictionaries or encyclopedias ...
www.christinyou.net/pages/rapture.html - Cached - Similar
6. What Does the Bible Say About..The Rapture?
Answer to a Bible related question asking if Revelation 7:13-14 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 teach the modern theory of the rapture.
www.minuteswithmessiah.com/question/rapture.html - Cached - Similar
7. Will There Be A Rapture?
Let us see what the Bible says regarding the truth of our Lord's return. (We do invite you to write down the following references.) First, the word Rapture ...
www.bible.ca/d-rapture.htm - Cached - Similar
8. Second Coming of Jesus
What does the Bible say about the Second Coming of Jesus? ... Debaters often proclaim the "Rapture" is a word that is not in the Bible. That is true! ...
www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/second-coming-of-jesus-faq.htm - Cached - Similar
9. Little Rock Scripture Study - What the Bible Says About . . .
But does the Bible actually say anything about “Rapture”? When we read apocalyptic passages, the challenge is to try to understand the often bizarre ...
www.littlerockscripture.org/en/wtbsa_rapture.html - Cached - Similar

I was right not in the Bible.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hmm yes ...

It seems MAC is right.

The rapture is NOT in the Bible at all.
So the "Biblical account of the rapture" is [nothing]

Thus my answer to the OP is :
Nothing.

K.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
At least he gets 1/2 a point for spelling 'atheist' correctly.
:-)
But minus 1/4 point for incorrect use of singular.
:-(

K.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Dear Kapyong

Hey where are my points??

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong

I beg your pardon?

I would really like to know what the Biblical account of the rapture actually is - it's not something I've looked into much.

I'm quite serious, can you please start the discussion with a quote showing us what the Bible says about the rapture ?

Not a question but maybe a statement:

Matthew 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Sorry I offended you by asking you to volunteer for a question. Still I am not going to flame or slam you in this thread....It was just a question.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Loken68
Not a question but maybe a statement:
Matthew 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

So,
instead of admitting there IS no mention of the rapture in the Bible, you are reduced to insults.

I'm an eagle picking on your carcass alright...

K.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

I did reply.

Look guys, it's just a simple question. Yes I have my belief's and no I am not going to express them here for debate. As the original post say's, I'm just seeking answers.

I don't understand why instead of answers everyone has to go on the attack. Of course I'm not speaking of everyone since there have been a few good answers.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
I'm not opening this thread for debate. ONLY serious open minded answers. I will not debate or possibly even reply to post in this thread. All I ask is that you give me a serious answer to a Biblical question. And I do understand that there are some who are not able to give a serious answer.

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

Only one that believes in fairy tales and fantastic or miraculous s*** can tell you that. Sorry in the real world you don't need some mythological figure to live your life. Hmmm serious questions a rise just based on the on your intentions of this thread. Honestly I hope you pray to a god and it ends up working out for you in the end.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As it has been pointed out, rapture is not even in the Christians bible so for someone to say that is what is happing I would have to figure out what illusion is actually taking place. If I was actually in danger, from flying monsters or a mass army of disillusioned people looking to be saved, I would defend my family and myself.
I know right from wrong and follow the appropriate path. My soul will be at peace when the time comes.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

What would you do if in the morning you realized your beliefs were wrong, and that a majority of your life has been dedicated to nothing more than a fable..?

I'll bite this bait.

First off when you say "majority of your life dedicated to" I can't help but feel that you have an assumption that all christians are constantly obsessing over god and dying and going to heaven. While you are correct in that there are people who do "Dedicate majority of their lives" to Religion and the churches surrounding it would not be a question applicable to me and many other theists.

You see i live my life beyond my faith. My faith is merely one facet of what makes me the person that i am. I Am not just A Christian. I am Deathshield, The Agnostic-theist. Metal-head musician who loves Tobacco, Cannabis Advocacy, Arguing Politics, Conducting independent research into all this scientific and philosophical and playing video games. I mean surely as an atheist you do not spend your entire life obsessing over atheism and why you should run around convincing theists that they are wrong do you? No, you probably have hobbies and interests just like me or any other person.

So if i woke up tomorrow and was given irrefutable evidence that there is no god or anything even similar? It would probably bug me at first. ?But you know what? I have lead a good life thus far. I have been giving to those less fortunate than me. I have advocated and volunteered my services for those less fortunate than me. I helped people because i wasn't just simply commanded to do so by my sacred texts but because had already had an urge to do so without direction by god. Religion/god gave me an even stronger reason to do so. Because my actions would have helped people not only heal in materialistic sense but that they would also be healed in a spiritual sense. I saw that i was not able to give the starving girl in peru (or anyone else in the world in similar or worse situations) the materialistic necessities that i and others take for granted, then the least i could do when the day my services would fail or cease would be to tell them that at least someone or something out there would try to give them a better shot at living. At least something would be there to distribute justice upon people for failing to show compassion or kindness to the most weak and needy members of our species.

But i would still have to contend with the notion that i was unwittingly lying to them. At least i was lying due to ignorance, and not deliberately for the purpose of deceiving them into giving me something of value, be it social status gained from doing my work or material possessions.

So my answer? I wouldn't change a single thing about myself. The only difference is that i would no longer claim to be religious. I would just be a full blown agnostic-atheist.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The rapture was a vision a little girl had in scotland as far as I know. Sorry for the almost one liner.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Loken68:

I would really like to know what the Biblical account of the rapture actually is - it's not something I've looked into much.

I'm quite serious, can you please start the discussion with a quote showing us what the Bible says about the rapture ?

after,

What would you do if in the morning if the Biblical account of the rapture happened?

So in other words you started a thread postulating authority over a subject that you don't seem to have the slightest clue about?

Not quite ready for the mantle of 'Thread Commander Third Class' yet are we?

Maybe he is drunk?

I guess he needs someone to read the bible for him, so he can find out about the thing he already has certain belief in,

but he needs an explanation from us for why we don't similarly believe?

bizarre.

I don't know that atheism is certain sanity, but i think someone else is flew off the beam a LONG time ago.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
further proof we are doomed as a species.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Anybody here ever poked a stick into a fire ant mound? Same result's when you question a atheist.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So is anyone going to even attempt to answer the OP's question? Or are you all just going to stand here and poke fun at him for making a fairly common mistake and continue patting yourselves on the back for "defeating" the argument of someone you clearly think suffers from a lower mental faculty? Where did the OP ever say he was religious, that be believed the rapture was real? Oh wait, you just assumed he was religious right?

Or are you just too afraid to answer the question because it encourages you to ponder on the "what if i am wrong" scenario?

Absolutely disgusting the way some of you are behaving.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Funny thing, i created a thread not to long ago asking the prophet's and predictor's to give us some insight on upcoming events. Guess what I got the same results.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Funny isn't it? Both sides are practically indistinguishable in there behavior. You should see when an atheist defends religion, better yet when one of there own converts to Deism or takes a strictly agnostic stance. They get vicious and degenerate all arguments into name callings and character assassinations. Hell I'll openly admit that i am at times guilty of such behavior

Humans. We are such pitiful creatures aren't we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join