It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland starts to deal with the banksters...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Bankers jailed, sued as Iceland seeks culprits for financial collapse

More than a year and a half after Iceland's major banks failed, all but sinking the country's economy, police have begun rounding up a number of top bankers while other former executives and owners face a two-billion-dollar lawsuit.

Since Iceland's three largest banks -- Kaupthing, Landsbanki and Glitnir -- collapsed in late 2008, their former executives and owners have largely been living untroubled lives abroad.

On Wednesday, the administrators of Glitnir's liquidation announced they had filed a two-billion-dollar (1.6-billion-euro) lawsuit in a New York court against former large shareholders and executives for alleged fraud.

Four former Kaupthing executives, who all live in Luxembourg, have meanwhile been arrested in Iceland in the past week and Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for that bank's ex-chairman, Sigurdur Einarsson.

Former head of the bank's domestic operations, Ingolfur Helgason, and former chief risk officer Steingrimur Karason were arrested late Monday on arrival from Luxembourg, just days after former Kaupthing boss Hreidar Mar Sigurdsson, along with Magnus Gudmunsson, who headed the bank's unit in Luxembourg, were taken into custody.

+17 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
At least the government of Iceland has taken this step against the banksters unlike some other governments who bring up the "too-big-to-fail" bogeyman repeatedly to protect the financial terrorists.

+8 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
about time!

i hope this sends a message to other banks: your not immortal gods above the law, your men and your crimes are punishable!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Great news from Iceland and I remember many posters bagging the locals for their stance against the Goverment and Bankers.

Problem is it will not happen in countries where the Goverment is "IN" with the bankers.

+6 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
just another reason to fully audit the fed

Tomorrow's Headlines::::
Bernake and Greenspan share prison cell

lol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Either that or sharing a nice swing in a public park.

You know, on a swing set.

edit to fix gramma, jeez two sentences and a gramma error.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I can only imagine the uproar there would be if the US government did this.We would have howls of outrage from banksters all over the world.I wonder what kind of price will the international banking cartel will make Iceland pay?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
just another reason to fully audit the fed

Tomorrow's Headlines::::
Bernake and Greenspan share prison cell

lol

yeah, right like that will ever happen. corruption is so big in the USA that nobody can take it down. Vote them out and the corruption just swallows the new guys.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Might look again at this.

From your link:

The 49-year-old Einarsson, who lives in London, said late Tuesday he had no plans to travel to Iceland to be arrested.

"I'm absolutely flabbergasted about the latest news," he told the Frettabladid daily.

"There is in my opinion no need for the arrests or custody rulings, and I will not of my own free will take part in the play that it appears is being staged to soothe the Icelandic people," he said.

"I'll put the human rights I enjoy here in Britain to the test and will not therefore come home (to Iceland) to these conditions without being forced," he added.

(emphasis mine)

These guys are nobody in the grand-scheme of things, sacrificial lambs, I say.

Were they really responsible for Iceland's recent troubles?

The unfortunate, crooked, wealthy chaps likely just got picked to take the fall, just as implied, imo.

Cheers

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Thanks for bringing this up and I agree with you to a certain degree that these are some of the executives and not the kind of Goldman Sachs or Rothschilds banksters who are capable of ruining an entire nation through the infamous "central banks". But nevertheless, the government of Iceland has taken this step, however small it might be, of reforming the economic system.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Roger that, if the allegations are indeed accurate, they deserve to be brought to justice. Though I'm not confident there are Courts that provide such a service.

But yeah, I'm smelling a possible Limited Hangout here.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Exactly. While this is great, it solves absolutely nothing.

See sig.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Bank boss arrests welcomed in Iceland

The PM told reporters that she feels Iceland has reached a predetermined crossroads, with Thursday’s arrests beginning the process of forcing the big players in the collapse to shoulder responsibility.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I wonder what kind of price will the international banking cartel will make Iceland pay?

They'll probably turn it into Greece.

If these bankers are just patsies taking the fall, then there will be no consequences. But if these arrests are not part of the script, expect the financial terrorists to strike.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Go Iceland!

This is great news and should be a warning to those in Europe and in the West who continue to abuse the population with Fiat currency and fraudulent systems.

We should have done this to Meryll Lynch and the Lehman Brothers when their fiasco hit news stands.

~Keeper

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If interpol is involved then something is fishy. The Iceland economy was destroyed on purpose. The bankers were probably paid off. Dragging them back to make a public spectacle is not going to change anything. We know who did it. We know why. Its a grand plan to destroy the world as we know it and lock down humanity into the elites' super police state so they can kill however many people they think are too many to control.
The agenda is depopulation. The economic crisis is only a tool. It creates civl war so they can bring in their murderers and it destroys the economy to make people too weak to defend themselves.
However a trial could cast light on the real villains, so don't expect anything real to come out of any investigation.
Wasn't interpol just given "above the law" status in the US? They don't answer to any of our laws and don't have to pay taxes.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by m khan]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Instead of the "government" doing a stage show to settle the masses down. The masses should be pulling the government politicians in that country out of their offices and throwing them in prison for letting that happen then go after the bankers.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
After online poles showed that 51% of Americans are ok with giving up liberty for security, and now fox has a pole asking if banning the American flag to stop school tension would be ok (67% said they would be ok with an American flag ban to stop school racial tension), Moving to Iceland is looking more and more tempting...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Lets hope that this is not a pantomime and is the real deal, not everyone is corrupt you know, there are still a few people left who have integrity.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Plenty of people with integrity. Now you show me one with integrity and the power to effect real change?

You can have people willing to play baseball all you want. But if you have no bats balls and a field to play on.. well, you are quite the worthless baseball player now aren't you?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Ciphor]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join